Sponsored

Aftermarket receiver hitch availability?

Mustang_75_99

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F150, 2005 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I need a receiver hitch for the Bronco but $600 for a receiver and wiring seems dumb so I thought I would just buy an aftermarket. I mean it isn’t a deal breaker, but I thought if I could save a few hundred bucks I might as well.

However it dawned on me that it might be awhile before the aftermarket has a receiver available.
Anyone have experience or insight to how long it will take the aftermarket to produce a receiver for the Bronco.
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

There is a long discussion about this package because it's nothing more than a hitch in a plug. ( Unlike others that normally include bigger alternators and transmission coolers).

So Many people like myself were going to opt out and wait. But now that the roof rack is not available, I need something to allow extra room to carry things.... so rack is out, and hitch is back in... ouch.

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As a dealer technician what people don't realise is in most cases the rear body harness is different and is a pita to install a factory 7/4 pin plug because the wiring just isn't there.(and aftermarket solutions are prone to corrosion issues and no warranty coverage.Now if they would just add in to the tow package an integrated trailer brake controller!

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hitches will be out almost instantly.

The four frame holes come pre-drilled from the factory.

I'll wait for a high clearance rock crawling bumper with the hitch welded in.
They move the hitch higher and deeper than a seperate bolt on hitch can be.

Sponsored

That_Hal

Badlands
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 and Volvo S90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What's the average cost with installation?

Eggsalad

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 V8 4Runner 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'll wait for a high clearance rock crawling bumper with the hitch welded in.
They move the hitch higher and deeper than a seperate bolt on hitch can be.
Shouldn't have to aftermarket anything for towing. Goofy thing to me is offering a 2.7l twin turbo 410lb torque tow engine on a boxed frame then limit it to 3500lb tow capacity with a shitty ClassII hitch.

What is the 2.7l for, a drag race vs the Wrangler? It's a tow engine, mate it to a tow package.

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
Shouldn't have to aftermarket anything for towing. Goofy thing to me is offering a 2.7l twin turbo 410lb torque tow engine on a boxed frame then limit it to 3500lb tow capacity with a shitty ClassII hitch.

What is the 2.7l for, a drag race vs the Wrangler? It's a tow engine, mate it to a tow package.
Rear break over angle is a big deal.
A lot of serious 4x4ers will never buy a regular pickup truck style hitch for this reason. No matter how cheap it was.
If it was standard, this would be a bitch thread about how the low riding hitch was wasted money. And that Ford should remove it and lower the MSRP.

The Bronco was designed to be a DIY vehicle for modifications.

Have it. ✌

JDisFlip

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
Your Bronco Model
Base
As a dealer technician what people don't realise is in most cases the rear body harness is different and is a pita to install a factory 7/4 pin plug because the wiring just isn't there.(and aftermarket solutions are prone to corrosion issues and no warranty coverage.Now if they would just add in to the tow package an integrated trailer brake controller!
What does suck is that the base doesn't let you get it as an option.

I understand that Ford wants to limit the Base model options (like wheels I don't want) to try to coax you into a higher trim, but "come on", why would they omit it for the base.

I can live with the wheels, but the tow package not happy ??.

They have trailer sway control as a standard feature for the Base, but don't offer the tow package.

:unsure: ?

Ford Bronco Aftermarket receiver hitch availability? 1603599097486

Last edited:

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
Preach it!
Hitches are super easy.

Even though most here don't have a welders, an hour or two at a local car garage will get them exactly what they want.

Sponsored

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

when the aftermarket gets their hands on one then the production will ramp up...watch etrailer.com they always have excellent videos and information on all things trailer towing and some other accessories...

I just pulled the Bronco on the site for 2021 and tire "chains' is all that is listed but watch there...

Eggsalad

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 V8 4Runner 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Rear break over angle is a big deal.
A lot of serious 4x4ers will never buy a regular pickup truck style hitch for this reason. No matter how cheap it was.
If it was standard, this would be a bitch thread about how the low riding hitch was wasted money. And that Ford should remove it and lower the MSRP.

The Bronco was designed to be a DIY vehicle for modifications.

Have it. ✌
True, departure angle would be compromised some. Would be OK with me, though. Just have to wait and see about aftermarket hitches, bumpers.

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Although it's a little steep. The time and labor involved if removing the bumper and installing the new one is time consuming and expensive if a shop dies it. You won't be saving much if any at all, if they would just fo it to begin with.

Bvbronco

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jeep wrangler sport s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not waiting that long for after markete and the Ford hitch is on, wired and ready to go when purchased. The price is a little high but manageable.
Ya and if it falls off there is a great law suit