Sponsored

Aftermarket Rock Rail Available Timeline (vs Tube steps)

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Title may not explain my question well enough. Basically I am Ordering factory Tube steps simply because I require something sticking out from the sides right away (for the wife/kid to step on + door protection)

I have every intention of pulling those off as soon as they can be replaced with real Rock Rails. I made this decision, well knowing that I'm throwing money away, but hoped that some could be recouped by selling the tube steps afterwards.

Seems like we are right on the verge of at least the sponsored aftermarkets releasing some rails, but from what I've seen, everything is just hear say with no timeline nor price tags.

I'm hoping that rails will come out (actually purchasable) before my VIN, but I was just curious if anyone has read or heard any insight as to how soon we might actually be able to pick some up?

Between "PreProduction", "concept", and dozens of page threads about yada ... I'm hoping I missed some actual tangible intel?
Sponsored

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You'd have to reach out to the individual manufacturers for timelines. It seems likely that the sliders on the 4WP rig should be out soonish. Any of the other official Bronco sponsor manufacturers should probably also be able to get their stuff out pretty quick as well.

By contrast, my local fabricator at Hefty Fabworks doesn't have access to the Bronco digital scans so has to wait until he can get his hands on one.

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I heard they can’t start releasing aftermarket parts until after the first 100 production broncos roll off the line.

OP
OP

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I heard they can’t start releasing aftermarket parts until after the first 100 production broncos roll off the line.
That's what I had heard and in part, why I was wondering. They have made 100 or are all these phase 1s not counting?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought this moratorium was for venders to reveal their parts... meaning once the first 100 roll off, everyone can start advertising. (We’ve seen a handful of strategic partners so far, but not everyone.) That of course doesn’t mean they will be released/available right away.

That said, either 4wp or RTR said in their video they expected some of their parts already revealed to be available for purchase even before we get our Broncos, so the wait may not be very long at all for some offerings.

@da_jokker I had interpreted the first 100 to mean actual sellable units... so these demonstrators wouldn’t count yet. But I’ve been wrong before.

Sponsored

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought this moratorium was for venders to reveal their parts... meaning once the first 100 roll off, everyone can start advertising. (We’ve seen a handful of strategic partners so far, but not everyone.) That of course doesn’t mean they will be released/available right away.

That said, either 4wp or RTR said in their video they expected some of their parts already revealed to be available for purchase even before we get our Broncos, so the wait may not be very long at all for some offerings.

@da_jokker I had interpreted the first 100 to mean actual sellable units... so these demonstrators wouldn’t count yet. But I’ve been wrong before.
Well anything built after March 29th is an actual sellable unit per ford Clear for sell order. so that could be why they are starting to release the aftermarket stuff.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In January, when they get around to building my Bad Lands, I will buy the step boards off of you. Of course, the build date of January is just a rumor.

OP
OP

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well anything built after March 29th is an actual sellable unit per ford Clear for sell order. so that could be why they are starting to release the aftermarket stuff.
It seems to be a confusing time because I was under the impression as well that they are actually building honest to goodness Broncos and no longer crush-bound PreProduction....yet then I can read that we are still in a Phase of tool testing or something and these don't count.

I don't mean that we can run out and buy one yet, and dealers can't sell these YET, but aren't we actually getting Broncos built now?

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It seems to be a confusing time because I was under the impression as well that they are actually building honest to goodness Broncos and no longer crush-bound PreProduction....yet then I can read that we are still in a Phase of tool testing or something and these don't count.

I don't mean that we can run out and buy one yet, and dealers can't sell these YET, but aren't we actually getting Broncos built now?
Yes that’s correct and the ones being built now will be for dealers or media or partners for after market. The ones currently being built are legally able to be sold. They’re doing 1-200 a month. I expect it to go up this month and next. Especially next month when they start MP2

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Both ARB and 4WHP said their rock rails would be available at launch (I spoke to both directly in Moab)

Rock Slide Engineering winked and nodded about their power step rock rails and mentioned that they had been testing fit in Moab.
Sponsored