First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Awesome...just ordered mine. Is there a good way to attach a low-profile panel to attach accessories to this rear area?

Awesome...just ordered one. Whats the best way to attach an accessory panel to this? Like this...
1683123132695.png
The racks and baskets usually have mounts (typically supplied) that go around the braces that run parallel. Imagine like a pipe clamp, but specific to the rack/basket.
Sponsored

HeHateMe

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I wonder if you could use 2 of these in the rear and make a "half" rack with out the bars going forward to the windshield.
I would definitely think so.

And for those that already have the OEM rack, it can be disassembled (I think), so you can just retain the back bar (remove the stuff going towards windshield).

Jonny way

Everglades
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Excuse the poor Photoshop work but I'd like to see if with the Mabett extra rack, I could create something like this...see the image. That way I can attach the Rhino-Rack System as needed for travel and still make a low profile and easy-to-remove roof (win/win). I believe the Rhino Rack platform requires a front-to-back running rail; not side-to-side. As you can see it has bars running parallel and perpendicular. I could cut my long rails or maybe Mabatt can sell shorter ones that would work too? Q: Mabatt would this work with the extra rail you sell?

Ford Bronco Aftermarket Roof Rack for Bronco 4DR Hardtop 2021-2023 IMG_1124a

Last edited:

Sponsored

HeHateMe

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Excuse the poor Photoshop work but I'd like to see if with the Mabett extra rack, I could create something like this...see the image. That way I can attach the Rhino-Rack System as needed for travel and still make a low profile and easy-to-remove roof (win/win). I believe the Rhino Rack platform requires a front-to-back running rail; not side-to-side. As you can see it has bars running parallel and perpendicular. I could cut my long rails or maybe Mabatt can sell shorter ones that would work too? Q: Mabatt would this work with the extra rail you sell?

Anything is possible... Evident by your photoshop skills... 😜

Seriously though, I believe it would be, but obviously require cutting and modifying.

There may be more options coming soon from @Mabett , so stay tuned...

hokie94

Outer Banks
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Non SAS OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm working on getting a set up like this with a smaller safari rack/basket.

OP
OP
Mabett

Mabett

Black Diamond
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mabett
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

We cannot be certain without conducting testing.

capn00

Heritage
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Heritage, 2018 GX460
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
The MABETT factory-style luggage rack does indeed lose the ability to remove the front roof when it is installed. I will definitely provide promotion codes when the new product is released.
@Mabett Is there any any update on a potential new version? It seems as though just the front foot design would need to be modified to increase the space between the roof panel and the bracket. I keep the tools with me the in Bronco, and have quickly removed the screws in the front to prop up the brack slightly in order to allow me to remove the roof panels, but a better solution would be helpful.

Mad Martigan

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and 1 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The MABETT factory-style luggage rack does indeed lose the ability to remove the front roof when it is installed. I will definitely provide promotion codes when the new product is released.
@Mabett would be possible to do creat a revision kit for the original model? Like thicker rubber pads for the front posts?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mabett

Mabett

Black Diamond
First Name
Mabett
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@Mabett Is there any any update on a potential new version? It seems as though just the front foot design would need to be modified to increase the space between the roof panel and the bracket. I keep the tools with me the in Bronco, and have quickly removed the screws in the front to prop up the brack slightly in order to allow me to remove the roof panels, but a better solution would be helpful.
We will consider.

OP
OP
Mabett

Mabett

Black Diamond
First Name
Mabett
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well I just ordered one a couple days ago...should be here today. Bought it to add rear support for my RTT coming Wednesday.

blanchardsbronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fusion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

So did you photo shop the mid bar? There was a post on here of someone who had a full rig with old oem rack plus the rear parts.. Can;'t find it now. I am about to try to build that. I have 2 oem racks.....

Jonny way

Everglades
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

yes. this image is only a photoshop. I did see the image you are talking about a week ago.
Sponsored