ET13

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
In the below thread Archetype Racing is developing one for Bronco and has even hinted at a version for soft tops.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/ar-roof-rack-project.27768/

Personally, I'm waiting for an option for soft tops. One that can allow the top to fully retract even with the rack mounted. Similar to what these guys are doing / will do, if they get around to it. https://22winty.com/

Just enough rack to hold the basics or a cargo carrier, etc. No, I won't be camping on top of it but I don't need too. In a different thread they recently stated they will be asking ~$2800 for base model without accessories or shipping so that was a little hard to swallow, but hey, someone's gotta start somewhere I suppose. DEF am in love with the design/concept though!
lol probably cost 5k from them. they want to charge $400 for a 3 foot piece of aluminum
Sponsored

cobro92

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350 7.3 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Agree with everyone on this. None are great options yet. I want something where the bars (ideally) or the entire rack can be removed or moved easily (less than 10-15 bolts, ideally by hand) so the soft top can retain full operability.

Personally, I don't need the rack in the summer. I don't use a rooftop tent. I just want a rack that can carry skis in the winter that I can easily remove and store in the summer when I want to put the top down. I guess JCR fits the bill there, but I don't want to spend $1500 on something that't not perfect.

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Transit Connect; 1997 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’ve always used roof racks for additional storage space (mostly camping gear). Originally had the factory rack on my order, but removed it when I saw the low dynamic weight capacity. For a while I was planning to go aftermarket. But, relative to the cost increase, they don’t seem to add enough weight capacity. The final straw for me has been watching the handful of threads on B6G showing hairline (and larger) cracks on the MIC 2.0. Ford has been sketchy at best acknowledging these issues. An aftermarket rack would hand them a reason not to replace it under warranty.

Hitch basket or utility trailer, it is.

scottsil

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 VW Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah the hitch basket is looking more and more appealing for cargo. I’ve already got a 1up hitch bike rack that I love, and they make a cargo version too. Only thing is skis… would really like the roof rack for them

OP
OP

Brnzbronc

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah the hitch basket is looking more and more appealing for cargo. I’ve already got a 1up hitch bike rack that I love, and they make a cargo version too. Only thing is skis… would really like the roof rack for them
Small business that makes hitch baskets rucrack..

B020EEE6-7516-4E6C-98B7-71793761F8EE.png