MiddleAgeGeek

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Has anyone seen any rumors on the types of after market soft tops that may be available? On the Jeep I’ve seen the version that works with the hardtop to offer a soft top over the front seats. But I’m wondering if anyone will make a soft top that works over the front and second row of seats. Basically working with just the rear portion of the hard top. I think that would be a great compromise for our family.
Sponsored

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Not seen anything other than the Besttop reference but I do hope there is a white cloth one for the 2 door at some point - that would be rad.

OP
OP

MiddleAgeGeek

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hi, thanks. I have searched and I’ve seen the top that covers the front seats. What I haven’t seen is a soft top that covers both rows of seats and just the rear of a hard top. Obviously talking 4 door here.

sanford

Black Diamond
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado, Subaru Crosstrek, BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco Aftermarket soft top options? 1606057736587

Sponsored
OP
OP

MiddleAgeGeek

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sanford thanks again, but I think you are misunderstanding my question. The Retractable twill top says 4 door, and that's great. What you can clearly see (just like the jeep version) is that it opens over the driver and passenger seats. What I'm asking about is if anyone will make a version that opens over the driver, passenger AND the second row.

The jeep has the electric retractable option - that's kind of what I'm looking for... minus the electronics and specialized rails.

I'd like to leave the back of a hard top on... and be able top open two rows of seating to the open air by just folding it back.

Does that help?

MISSJD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Cabrio
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sanford thanks again, but I think you are misunderstanding my question. The Retractable twill top says 4 door, and that's great. What you can clearly see (just like the jeep version) is that it opens over the driver and passenger seats. What I'm asking about is if anyone will make a version that opens over the driver, passenger AND the second row.

The jeep has the electric retractable option - that's kind of what I'm looking for... minus the electronics and specialized rails.

I'd like to leave the back of a hard top on... and be able top open two rows of seating to the open air by just folding it back.

Does that help?
I have been searching for this also. This would absolutely sell me on the Bronco even if it was just an aftermarket option. Being able to quickly ditch as much roof as possible and still having a glass rear windshield would be perfect. It seems like a missed opportunity to have the same size as a 4dr Jeep with 3 panels as a 4dr Bronco with the removable middle panel.

Hemisfear

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would think that eventually all options that Bestop makes for Jeep will be available...and it shouldn’t be too long because they’ve been working with Ford all along, not like the majority of vendors.

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm looking for this option as well to use during the summer and be able to quickly pull back the top from the front and 2nd rows. The other option I might consider is something like the Bestop Trektop Ultra (fastback multi-position top) if they make it available.

I'm assuming the only reason we have not seen anything are that 1) the Bronco is still far out from delivery and 2) they may not have completed their engineering and design due to getting a test vehicle until late...

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For sure both Bestop and Smittybilt will have them. Don't know about white. I wondered the same thing for awhile, then remembered our one white softtop when I was a kid, impossible to keep clean.
Sponsored