Sponsored

Aftermarket sound system?

fv9

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport, 2005 Lotus Elise, Protoform P3 formula vee, Crossle 32F formula ford
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am not an audiophile but I do appreciate good sound. A few years ago I had a GTI with a Febder system that I really liked. Replaced that car with Alfa Giulia Ti Sport with the upgraded Harman Kardon system that seems very mediocre. Anyhow, I am not buying up in packages to get the B+O system and am wondering what is a reasonable budget for upgrading the speakers, adding an amp and anything that is needed. I don’t plan on replacing the head unit. Figure I will need a sub.

Anyone else going this route? What’re you planning to do? Is it reasonable to upgrade to a decent system for $1000-$1500?
Sponsored

phnttom

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Audi TTS, '13 Fiat 500 Turbo, '15 VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I am not an audiophile but I do appreciate good sound. A few years ago I had a GTI with a Febder system that I really liked. Replaced that car with Alfa Giulia Ti Sport with the upgraded Harman Kardon system that seems very mediocre. Anyhow, I am not buying up in packages to get the B+O system and am wondering what is a reasonable budget for upgrading the speakers, adding an amp and anything that is needed. I don’t plan on replacing the head unit. Figure I will need a sub.

Anyone else going this route? What’re you planning to do? Is it reasonable to upgrade to a decent system for $1000-$1500?
I'm no longer in that headspace. What's the point of spending $1000-$1500USD on something that you will hopefully enjoy with the top down. My opinion and don't get me wrong, I have spent my share of $$$ as a teen on stereos.

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm going to upgrade to Kicker speakers and sub. They are very good for a very good price.

Reactions: fv9
OP
OP
fv9

fv9

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport, 2005 Lotus Elise, Protoform P3 formula vee, Crossle 32F formula ford
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm no longer in that headspace. What's the point of spending $1000-$1500USD on something that you will hopefully enjoy with the top down. My opinion and don't get me wrong, I have spent my share of $$$ as a teen on stereos.
I never was in that head space, even as a teen. As a 46 year old, I just want quality sound. Simply a sub that complements the system and rounds out the sound. Not looking for dual 12’s while cranking 2 Live Crew or DJ Magic Mike from 1991.

And living in the pacific NW, it’ll get plenty of use with the top on.

Chuck_Ruck

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Wrangler, Eldorado, Harley, Triumph
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In the past 20 years, manufacturers have stepped up the audio game. If you are willing to throw down $1k-$1.5k just upgrade the speakers. But dont just go for big loud peak wattages. Yeah you can crank serious numbers, but if the equipment is crap, so is the sound. JL Audio have been the pinacle of quality sound for decades. And their stealthbox kits have been awesome. Big sound for small parts.

Sponsored

Drinxxs04

Outer Banks
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

In my Jeep I replaced all speakers and receiver with marine grade (boat, same kenwoods you would find in Tahoe boats)

Had a setting to adjust for open air levels 1-3 (wind noise, and was all waterproof).

That was 2012 and never had an issue.