Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

my BL OEM front bumper will probably be off before the first oil change.
Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If you shop at ADD expect two things. An empty wallet and a rusty bumper. Very mixed quality reviews from the Raptor community. Very expensive products. Browse their Raptor products. I would expect the Bronco parts to be priced very similar.
I recall that back in 18 when I had a Raptor. Owners on the Raptor Forum were posting pics of ADD bumpers that were only in use a short time with rust on them.

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sounds like they are handling their bumpers with bare hands and not properly prepping them before paint/powder coating.

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I really hope im wrong, but this shaping out to just like the 2018 Jeep. Aftermarket says they have this or that but you can't actually order any of it.

This why im waiting till MY22, hopefully by then stuff will be ready to actually purchase.

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

These companies are going to need an actual Bronco to finalize anything they may have designed and fabricated before having a vehicle to test fitment.

Most websites are saying they are getting ready, but not claiming they have products on standby.

Of course the vendors that worked directly with Ford on the accessories are the exceptions

Sponsored

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't know about you, but ever since I converted my reservation (s) I've started stalking many different aftermarket sites just to see if they have Bronco model options. More and more are starting to show up. Then I ran across this little nugget. This is going to be fun making these Broncos our own! Anyone else stalking these sites? https://www.addictivedesertdesigns.com/2021-ford-bronco
I shot them an e-mail and that’s just a nice photoshop concept.

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

These companies are going to need an actual Bronco to finalize anything they may have designed and fabricated before having a vehicle to test fitment.

Most websites are saying they are getting ready, but not claiming they have products on standby.

Of course the vendors that worked directly with Ford on the accessories are the exceptions
If its anything like the 2018 Jeep, the vendors that worked directly Ford will be Ford accessory suppliers. I just hope Ford beats actual aftermarket to market unlike FCA. I hope I'm wrong, though.

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Time will tell.
Aside from some hardcore items I would like, i think most of the stuff is already out there and just needs a slight tweak to fit on or into a Bronco.

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yea, no doubt!

The breadth of what Ford has to engineer for, and the federal testing requirements for safety and compliance are so vastly overwhelming that it's easy to forget the aftermarket group only have to make something that works for one specific goal, avoiding and ignoring all regulations and safety as it's "off road only".

Ford got a lot of things right with Bronco and solutions to smaller issues will be developed as the product is worked over more and more. No different than any other vehicle.

I'd be curious if ADD Offroad group will be hydro-forming their bumper plate. Pretty expensive stuff to do at the material thickness needed. Would be awesome if they do, or if they simply reduce material thickness to what they can work with.
I misread “Addictive” to be “Addative;” which would easily answer your question.

no doubt these little supplies will benefit from the Model Based Engineering and 3D Printing capabilities inherent with a brand new design.

just send over the CAD file to the supplier and all the supplier needs to do is design a nice box to ship the part back in

Tech Tim

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Certain aftermarket companies already have 3D CAD files and are designing parts like crazy.

There is always a certain amount of computer design vs real-life, but you can get it dang close.

I was working for ARB back when the FJ Cruiser was in development. I flew back and forth to Toyota HQ in L.A. quite a few times to help ARB finalize the development of their FJC front bumper.

By the time the vehicle was released to the public, they had product on the shelf ready to ship. Everyone else was scrambling to get one and develop products for them.

Same rang true for the JL Wrangler release. A few companies had access to 3D files and back doors into Jeep. They had products developed and ready to sell before anyone else.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

How long have you been with Northridge4x4?
I haven't seen that name in a while.

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yea, no doubt!

The breadth of what Ford has to engineer for, and the federal testing requirements for safety and compliance are so vastly overwhelming that it's easy to forget the aftermarket group only have to make something that works for one specific goal, avoiding and ignoring all regulations and safety as it's "off road only".

Ford got a lot of things right with Bronco and solutions to smaller issues will be developed as the product is worked over more and more. No different than any other vehicle.

I'd be curious if ADD Offroad group will be hydro-forming their bumper plate. Pretty expensive stuff to do at the material thickness needed. Would be awesome if they do, or if they simply reduce material thickness to what they can work with.
Take a look at their 'about-us' page to see their bumper manufacture process.
https://www.addictivedesertdesigns.com/about-us

Laser cut from 4x8 sheets, press brake to bend, hand welded, finished, sandblasted, primed and powder coated.

Ford Bronco Aftermarket starting to ramp up 1614383310528

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Take a look at their 'about-us' page to see their bumper manufacture process.
https://www.addictivedesertdesigns.com/about-us

Laser cut from 4x8 sheets, press brake to bend, hand welded, finished, sandblasted, primed and powder coated.

Ford Bronco Aftermarket starting to ramp up 1614383310528
While I do appreciate they provide some insight into their manufacturing, I think they could be upfront with materials thickness. Most of that looks 3/16" which is fine for the pretty sections and what won't get much impact, but i'd like a bit of 1/4" used on mounting areas, winch plates, etc.

They look great though and when i'm in the mood for a bumper, i'll give them a call to ask about materials thickness... Which others tend to post on their site as it gives you much better info about how serious a company is about the function of their product.

Tech Tim

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Forget the youtube channel but the owner of SVC Offroad picked up 5 Broncos for development.
Sponsored