Sponsored

Aftermarket step bars that will work with rock rails?

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So I’m getting Sas bd which comes with the rock rail and wanting to know if there is an aftermarket step bar/attachement that will work with the Rick rail on? I don’t like the looks of step rail with the exposed unfinished bottom edge.
Sponsored

Brad Fx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Currently very few aftermarket rails and steps available. I reached out to around 10 companies. Most either do not have immediate plans for rails or a step or the ones they’re making are body mount frame, requiring to remove the stock Badlands rail. I imagine that will be the same for any body mount rail or step; it uses the same frame holes to mount. Also for any future body mount rails, I”my guess is the stock rail will get in the way of installation.

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wife stood next to a non-sas Badlands and could barely see into the window. No way she could get in without some step assistance. However, I'm not really happy about losing the rock rail protection. I'm hoping that Amped can come up with a motorized step that tucks behind the rock rail into the cavity next to the frame. I want the best of both worlds.

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

On the SEMA show truck they had bolt on steps on the rock rails,I wonder who made those or are they unobtainium like so many other things they have shown?

Jamiegla1

Badlands
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be 1st time Bronco owner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Im looking for the same thing. I have an 8 year old that may have to do some climbing every day at carpool

Sponsored

ffdemoss

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 F250, 2017 Fusion, 2014 Escape, 2005 LJ, 1968 M715
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Rockslide Engineering is working on a step slider for the Bronco. You'd have to remove the stock sliders, but you would have sliders and (automatic) steps.
Did they give you a lead time?

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am going to try not adding side steps to my Bronco; I much rather keep the rock rails only.

However, if I find it too difficult to get in and out of the vehicle, I will wait for the right setup. I really liked the ones on my Silverado, and would be looking for something very similar:

Ford Bronco Aftermarket step bars that will work with rock rails? 451F563B-3300-498A-BD77-49617C32E421

About Time

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Supertduty 7.3, 59 Custom 300, 78 550 Backhoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
On the SEMA show truck they had bolt on steps on the rock rails,I wonder who made those or are they unobtainium like so many other things they have shown?
Including the bronco (for most of us).

Last edited:

Sponsored

BigSki150

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would think that the Rock Rails are bolted on. So what's to say you could install steps either under or over the Rock Rails using a longer bolts using the same attachment points and maybe some kind of adapter. I'm not a machinist or gear head so please excuse my lack of knowledge. I'm sure someone will figure something out. The Free Market will provide!

Fly2Win

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 SD, 68 Firebird, 85 300ZX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m hoping someone comes up with a removable short step for the 2D with rock rails. I’m 5’ 9” and when I went to the Bronco reveal I realized just how far you need to reach with SAS. Probably gonna need a stool for the wife.

Skip2a

Black Diamond
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I posted a few weeks ago about finding a bolt on stirrup step for the factory sliders. I hate the look of the lower section so I want to keep the rails on to hide it but I am sure I am going to need something to help get into the SaS. The Sema ones are perfect but so far I have not seen anything available for the Bronco. I want a simple solution not an entire new bar. I guess by the time I get mine someone should have something designed.

Tangent27

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 VW Passat 2013 Road King 1987 BMW e30
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I saw a squatch 2 door at my dealer this past weekend and realized that I am just going to need to bite the bullet and get steps now. They arrive today. I will probably find another solution down the road when the aftermarket catches up. Picked them up through Lasco auto parts for 475 including shipping in case someone else is shopping.
Sponsored