Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
  • Banned
I was on the fence hard about the Badlands being the only rig with the stay bar disconnect besides First Edition. All said and done I wanted Sasquatch, 4 dr , mic top, 2.7 and at least mid package and refused to go over 50g, even tho I ended at 51 for a Black Diamond. Badlands was the most reserved for being the best off roader basically because of the disconnect. I’m sure this will be available aftermarket although it will probably be manually done. Does anyone know anything about it or what are your thoughts?
Sponsored

Calicorks

Badlands
First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was on the fence hard about the Badlands being the only rig with the stay bar disconnect besides First Edition. All said and done I wanted Sasquatch, 4 dr , mic top, 2.7 and at least mid package and refused to go over 50g, even tho I ended at 51 for a Black Diamond. Badlands was the most reserved for being the best off roader basically because of the disconnect. I’m sure this will be available aftermarket although it will probably be manually done. Does anyone know anything about it or what are your thoughts?
I went with badlands as when I priced out different specs, I didn’t see a huge difference in price. I felt for the value, badlands was the way to go for off roading. As you can add an aftermarket disco bar, it won’t be the same. Example; activate under load, or be convenient. Imagine having to get out of the truck just to activate the disco bar? Or having to crawl under to flip it on. Or worse, drilling a hole in your Bronco for the switch. Eh, no thx. If you want a disco bar, I’d say Badlands is the way to go.

OP
OP
Caiden16

Caiden16

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
  • Banned
I went with badlands as when I priced out different specs, I didn’t see a huge difference in price. I felt for the value, badlands was the way to go for off roading. As you can add an aftermarket disco bar, it won’t be the same. Example; activate under load, or be convenient. Imagine having to get out of the truck just to activate the disco bar? Or having to crawl under to flip it on. Or worse, drilling a hole in your Bronco for the switch. Eh, no thx. If you want a disco bar, I’d say Badlands is the way to go.
It’s a $4000 price difference

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

First Off, if you look below, you will see I have a Badlands ordered. As such, I feel that my response below is very objective.

I used to have the following air activated disconnect on my last Jeep.
https://offroadonly.com/shop/swayloc/off-road-only-swayloc-for-jeep-wrangler-tj/
The proven cam latching system guarantees that SwayLOC engages in the correct position for on-road use and disengages for off-road use when chassis flex releases pressure on the latch.
The remote-controlled version works using an air operated latch. Turning on the lighted in-cab toggle switch automatically sets the latch to disengage for low off-road resistance. Turning it off sets it to engage for high on-road resistance

Unlike the one on the Bronco, it could not disengage under full load. But in my decade plus years of Rock Crawling, I have never been in a situation where I needed that. I always disconnected before I started to climb an obstacle that required greater articulation. Disconnecting, is also a benefit when driving on bumpy dirt roads before getting to the rocks. The key for me, was the ability for this system to re-connect once you were done offroading without having to crawl under the vehicle to do so.

My Point therefore is this

While the disconnect on the Badlands is kick@$$,
I do believe the aftermarket will provide numerous disconnect options for those who do not get a badlands, and it's just a matter of cost and ease of use.

Sponsored

Dillhole

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have quick disconnects on my Jeep and it only takes a couple minutes to do. Just can't do it on the fly and needs to be on level ground. It's something you do at the trailhead and reassemble when you're done wheeling and about to hit the road.

Raptor.Tremor.Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 Raptor, 2020 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I don't see why we can't add the ford unit with a bunch of conversion parts

BroncMe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs
Your Bronco Model
Base
maybe try alcoholics anonymous?

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have quick disconnects on my Jeep and it only takes a couple minutes to do. Just can't do it on the fly and needs to be on level ground. It's something you do at the trailhead and reassemble when you're done wheeling and about to hit the road.
On a Jeep, the disconnects are super easy to get to from the front of the vehicle.
on a Bronco, they are buried behind the wheels, towards the rear of the vehicle. Not sure if you could reach them with the wheel turned all the way and then reach in from the area between the rear of the wheel and in front of the door. If not, you will have no choice but to crawl under the bronco to disconnect, reconnect.
So it's sadly no where near as easy and convenient as it is on a jeep.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The bronco has been delayed for over a year and during the delay I bet one could have gotten a part-time job and saved 5k and put that towards an upgrade to the badlands. The sway bar disconnect in the badlands is a known value. No one has any clue if the aftermarket will even produce a sway bar disconnect and if they did how would it even work?

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I don't see why we can't add the ford unit with a bunch of conversion parts
Everything is possible, but piece parts get expensive. Then you may want to just hardwire it to a hero switch, if even possible, as the integration is extensive, here is a section of the service manual that speaks to the integration.

The stabilizer bar disconnect button press information is transmitted on CAN from the SIMA to the ATCM to the CHCM, via the GWM.
More explanation of the tecnology is here.

BWI Bronco Stabilizer Bar Disconnect Technical Information

Last edited:
OP
OP
Caiden16

Caiden16

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I ju
The bronco has been delayed for over a year and during the delay I bet one could have gotten a part-time job and saved 5k and put that towards an upgrade to the badlands. The sway bar disconnect in the badlands is a known value. No one has any clue if the aftermarket will even produce a sway bar disconnect and if they did how would it even work?
I just jumped on this train last month. I’m putting 20 down and 51 is enough for this type of vehicle. I don’t need a second job , I’m just asking if people think the aftermarket will come up with something. The Wildtrack doesn’t have it either.

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

so for all you experienced offroaders: does it make sense to have a disco bar without having front lockers?

OP
OP
Caiden16

Caiden16

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Why would it ?

Wildtrack is designed to be a desert runner, no need to disconnect the swaybar when you are hauling ass across the sand.
You wouldn’t disconnect it hauling ass period. It has a Baja mode that’s all no other designs.
Sponsored