Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So since my truck doesn't have upfitters and I don't know when my upfitter switches/console will show up from Ford (not to mention there doesn't seem to be an upfitter bundle up there anyway). I decided to install this AuxBeam switch panel. We stock these an they are inexpensive. You can also do a Switch Pros or another switch panel. But since we have them in stock AND it's inexpensive why not.

Auxbeam 8 Switch Dimmable Universal LED Switch Panel Kit - $150.99
https://www.4x4truckleds.com/truck-accessories/switch-panels/

I mounted it where the Bronco badge is. I originally planned to design a mount that fits in there perfectly (I still might) but for now, removal of this badge + some washers allowed the bracket to sit properly.

Routing the control wire was easy. I didn't take a photo of it but I basically just went through the factory grommet. There are two grommets btw. One on the engine side and one on the inside. Just keep that in mind when you run your wire. I was able to push my finger through (inside) after making a hole and pull the wire through.

Then I just routed it under the rear dash (flipped the dash down) and plugged it in. Works good.

I've not wired it up yet. It comes with a 60 amp circuit breaker but I didn't want to mount anything else under the hood, so i'll be using a blade style 60 amp fuse instead. Positive to positive, negative to negative and then they give you a mini fuse tap for it's "ACC" on function. But our trucks use mini fuse taps, so I'll grab one from the shop on Monday and use that. So just keep that in mind if you go with one of these, grab a micro fuse tap.

We do sell these in a green back light and a blue back light. I opted for the blue one (most popular)

Another location I thought of using is the tripod style thread on top of our dash. This would have been easy as well BUT I didn't want my panel up high. It's easier to get to down low.

View attachment 177281

Ford Bronco Aftermarket Switch Panel Installation 1632600320512

Ford Bronco Aftermarket Switch Panel Installation 1632600337366

The AuxBeam panel comes with a mounting bracket for it's relay panel. I was going to design a custom bracket for my engine bay but this fit fine. I had to cut off 2 tabs sticking off from the AuxBeam bracket but it worked well. The battery can be serviced without it getting in the way

Ford Bronco Aftermarket Switch Panel Installation 1632600409229

Ford Bronco Aftermarket Switch Panel Installation 1632600449032
Sponsored

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:
OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Bumping the thread because a few people were asking about switch panel installations

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Copperhorse73

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Which fuse did you tap into? The spares and usb fuses seem to be always on… Edit, staybar module fuse did the trick. For those without lockers, the empty space in the hero switch module fits the 6 switch version perfectly.

Ford Bronco Aftermarket Switch Panel Installation C6F4D65E-FA77-4590-9668-53CA63902BC9

Last edited:
OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Bump... folks keep asking me about this sooo this might help some of the newer members out
Sponsored