First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Was curious if there were any good recommendations/installations of aftermarket tail lights yet? I have base model, but would love to swap them out for tail lights a bit more modern (or even the tail lights of the upper trim models).
Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

And it's a darned good one! Reasonable price, great look, and led's!

Bud2020

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Was curious if there were any good recommendations/installations of aftermarket tail lights yet? I have base model, but would love to swap them out for tail lights a bit more modern (or even the tail lights of the upper trim models).
I'd hold off for now imo.
Especially that oracle taillight. I got their letters for the bronco grill after 2 months back ordered (unknown to me.) one is already out. They sent a replacement right away though. I'm skeptical on their QC

Valli9gr

Threads
Reaction score
Gymnast Way Billings MT 59102 United States
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250 2022
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I purchase AUXITO Red Led Bulb Brake Tail Light
Been thinking of getting a set of these lights for a while and decided to pull the trigger. I wanna share my installation instructions and I wrote some here along with my opinion and review.
What I wanted was a direct replacement LED, meaning

1. No shaving the base
2. No FORscan settings need to be changed
3. No resistors or hyper flash issues.
4. No weird errors from the truck.

These LED tail/brake lights met all these requirements.

Please note these are tail/brake light LEDs only, no turn signals. And they are red, not white. The only tool you will need is an 8mm socket (or 5/16) The heatsink is well machined and big. It even looks spiffy when off and looking though the lens. The red light from the LEDs pass through the lens with out a lot of attenuation giving a deep red color that's pretty to look at. White LEDs produce a wide spectrum of light much of which is blocked by the lens, or the tail light appears orange or purple depending on if the white LED is truly white or leaning warm or cool.
Ford Bronco Aftermarket tail light suggestions? 1654680593463

Digital camera adjusts for brightness. Looks brighter to the eye. The deep red color is nice.
Ford Bronco Aftermarket tail light suggestions? 1654680632169

Brighter than the halogen bulbs. Sorry, I do not have the numbers for lumens and all that.

Installation:

About 20 minutes, using only an 8mm or 5/16 socket. I prefer to handle any kind of bulb with nitrile gloves.
Remove the 2 8mm screws you see when the tailgate is down.
Grasp the lens assembly at the bottom and pull it out to the side of the truck, not straight back.
The bulb holders are removed by rotating CCW. On the left-upper and right-lower you will need to remove the wire harness connector first.
Swap out the bulbs for the LEDs
Test the LEDs. If you don't have a helper, the wires are long enough to hang the LEDs "over the side" and you'll be able to see them using your mirrors from the drivers seat. You'll test for tail and brake lights, then turn signals.
Reassemble the tail lights, the longer grey wires go to the bottom lamp, be careful not to cross thread the 8mm screws.
Ford Bronco Aftermarket tail light suggestions? 1654680660736

You will need to disconnect left-upper and right-lower wire harness connector to get the bulb socket base to rotate out of the housing.
Ford Bronco Aftermarket tail light suggestions? 1654680701383

Testing the bulbs without a helper. You can see them in your mirrors. Getting them to stay there is a trick. In hindsight, a couple of clothespins would have been helpful.
Ford Bronco Aftermarket tail light suggestions? 1654680787630

They are big, well made and you don't have to "modify" the base to make it fit.

Opinion:
In short, I think they are great. They have fewer LED chips than most/some solutions and that gave me pause, but having tried them they are plenty bright. Also I recalled my LED fog lights have only 6 LEDs and they are awesome bright.
The heat sink or frame of these things is massive. Well machined. They even look cool looking at them through the tail light lens.
The product packaging is sufficient, however I wasn't impressed with the shipping container (or lack thereof.) AUXITO should have at least a padded envelope or small box to ship in. The LEDs are ruggedly made and so will survive any abuse the Post Office can dish out.
These LEDs are difficult to find on the AUXITO web site. Use the link above.

I really like the color of these lights. Not washed out, not purple or orange.
Sponsored

Last edited: