Aftermarket Transmission Pan for 10R60

Felix808

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
waiting for 4door Badlands Bronco
Clubs

Keep an eye out for a trans pan here or better yet, call and ask/request if they can design and build one for the 10R60. I'm sure you're not the only one who would like one.

https://yourcovers.com/transmission...set=0&Offset=0&Per_Page=12&Sort_By=disp_order
I reached out to them this weekend & got this reply this morning.

"Hi xxx-
We do not have any info yet on the new 10R60 transmission. It's just
too new. It would be nice if the 10R60 and 10R80 use the same
transmission pan like with the 6 speed Ford transmissions, 6R60 and
6R80. We just don't know yet. We hope to get more information on the
2021 Bronco in a few months.

Thank you for your interest in PML's products -
Valerie "

Bronco2021RV

Base
First Name
Robert
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura rdx
Plastic cracks too. I’ve seen QC issues involving cracked pans at KCAP on the F-150 pans from too much torque (originally the spec).

Like I said it’s just a personal preference to have the extra cooling capacity regardless.
I’m sure aftermarket will have some options and trans coolers . Same thing for the diff cover. My big concern is going to be keeping that 10r60 cool 😎

Silver-Bolt

First Name
Bill
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5
I’m having trouble finding one that says it will work for the 10R60. Does anyone know any companies that make an aftermarket pan that will work for the automatic transmission on the Bronco? Of the first things I’m doing when I take delivery will definitely be to replace the plastic oil and transmission pans with aluminum ones.
You will likely have your work cut out on the oil pan. On the Raptor to change the pan the front axle needs to be dropped/lowered. Guessing that the Bronco will have similar issues. On the Raptor it is not a straight swap. The pick up tube also needs to swap. Make sure your pick up to pan clearance is correct.

OP

D2dhanover

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150
You will likely have your work cut out on the oil pan. On the Raptor to change the pan the front axle needs to be dropped/lowered. Guessing that the Bronco will have similar issues. On the Raptor it is not a straight swap. The pick up tube also needs to swap. Make sure your pick up to pan clearance is correct.
I’ll be swapping the turbos so the motor will be coming out anyways, should make it painless once it’s at that point.

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, 93 Bronco, 13 F250 6.2L
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I’ll be swapping the turbos so the motor will be coming out anyways, should make it painless once it’s at that point.
Does the engine really need to come out to swap turbos? I was pleasantly surprised with the room around the engine. In fact, it seemed like there was probably room for a pushrod V8.

PXL_20210423_194844793.jpg

OP

D2dhanover

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150
Does the engine really need to come out to swap turbos? I was pleasantly surprised with the room around the engine. In fact, it seemed like there was probably room for a pushrod V8.

PXL_20210423_194844793.jpg
Maybe not haven’t taken that much time to determine that yet. Just figured it would be a fun project. May be possible without pulling the engine.

2.3BigBend

Big Bend
First Name
Jay
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Edge ST
Looking at Ford TSB 20-2403 which applies to both the 10R80 and 10R60 for harsh shifts, that has you replace the valve body, it states two different valve body part numbers specific to either the 10r80 or 10r60, but only one pan gasket number. So it would seem, based off that TSB, the pan bolt pattern at least, is the same. I know the 10r80 pans I found when I thought about swapping my Ranger pan for one with a drain plug, were a few hundred dollars. No thanks...

OP

D2dhanover

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150
Looking at Ford TSB 20-2403 which applies to both the 10R80 and 10R60 for harsh shifts, that has you replace the valve body, it states two different valve body part numbers specific to either the 10r80 or 10r60, but only one pan gasket number. So it would seem, based off that TSB, the pan bolt pattern at least, is the same.
Yes I forgot to update this thread. I hadn’t enough chances to compare originally but the 10R60 and 10R80 share the same pan design. There are different part numbers for the pan specifically but they all work together.

Advertisement

Apollo Optics

Advertisement