Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So I’m kind of curious, I’ve been reading this forum for, I don’t know, two or three months, and I’m really surprised there isn’t more 2-Door purchasers.
so I’m just wondering what AGE is of most people buying a
2 door and a 4 -door,
because I think it’s a generational thing now.

When I was a kid you were your father or grandfather if you were driving a four-door. same with my dad! Of course I grew up in a HotRod Family (30’-50’s Cars)
So I was always told that 2 doors is what you want.

Maybe I was brainwashed, or a product of my time, but I always thought the 2 Doors look way better than 4 doors
(as far as proportions and everything)
and all those extra posts and windows!
Especially the vehicle like a Bronco because of the short wheelbase. You have to jack up a four-door way higher in order to have the same clearance.

biggest thing for me is I have the mindset of

2-door Means Freedom
4-Door means Baggage

Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad that young folks nowadays wanna include their family on a lot of stuff, but I still think Guys need to have their OWN freedom sometimes, and “Girls”Too I guess!!!

So mostly this is just out of curiosity

I’m 52 and I love2doors
What did tou order and how old are you?
Thanks Rick
Wow! I’m surprised my post still going!

Now that I have my two door, I wouldn’t have changed a thing. There is no room behind the rear seat, but that’s OK cause I knew that it’s just like my 71 about the same amount of space so when I’m done riding people around, I’ll rip the rear seats out and build a platform like some of these other cool dudes. !!!
Sponsored

fallguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Defender, 2022 Outerbanks SAS, 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
48 and 2 door with 4 kids. 24, 19,, 10 and 6.

We already have a big SUV, wife's newish Defender. Did not want a second.

Wife was REALLY against taking my 2 door to drop off our 6 year old at school, because everyone is in a hurry and every second counts apparently. If you hold up the drop off line for one second, some angry mom will post about it. I told her, people have been getting kids out of a 2 door for decades and it will be fine, and it is. We have a system and are never holding up the line.

2 doors also look much better to me. I like parking with it better, and takes up far less room in the garage which is nice. Less top to remove also. Our youngest likes it the Bronco better than my wife's Defender too. Almost as much room when in it. Just getting in sometimes sucks when raining or in a hurry.

Sadly, aftermarket vendors dont care about us at all, and hardly have any parts.

Special Decor

Badlands
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F 150, 1976 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
63 and 2 door all the way. I won't have a new one on order until I finish the restoration on my 76. But looking forward to that day.

RubyRedGT

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco. Sold the 1968 and 2015 mustang GTs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ll say it again … 4 dr all the way for me! As long time owner of 2 dr 97 Wrangler, I always felt 4 dr looked better when it came out. Dreamed about 4 dr for over a decade, became Ford (mustang) fan in between, so when I reserved Bronco in July 2020 it had to have 4 doors … so sexy!

Sponsored

sgriffin911

Outer Banks
First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX "Largo" + 7 other Fords 1964-2019
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Gen X, team 2 door!! After all real Broncos only have 2 doors...LOL!! Just joking here!

But now there are 3 sizes; here is my interpretation:
Bronco 4dr = Big Bronco
Bronco Sport = Baby Bronco
Bronco 2dr = Unicorn 🦄🦄🦄🦄

OP
OP
71to21-2DR

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

More Goodies to throw on this weekend! Im glad Goat has these beefy Sliders!
Ford Bronco Age and Reason  for 2door and 4door  buyers 2F6C0638-EAFA-4FD3-8299-649E0ADC2DA0
Ford Bronco Age and Reason  for 2door and 4door  buyers 699D91A7-D53A-4E94-B35A-CC13EC027282
Ford Bronco Age and Reason  for 2door and 4door  buyers 2BA59AB6-2E59-4E58-89CF-C924F797AEAC
Ford Bronco Age and Reason  for 2door and 4door  buyers 3AEB4525-6813-4DF5-8568-4867F2477511

ButterBean

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My legs for now
Your Bronco Model
Base
21 and will happily make an EG or HPR 2dr Base my first manual bought with my own work and money! Grew up around my father's manual VW busses and compact work trucks but have been driving my brother's automatic for too long.... After working without a vehicle for nearly a year having a brand new bronco will be amazing!

Rabidpug

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 2D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
32, just the wife and I so a 2D fits our life perfectly fine. We also felt the 2D would be easier to drive off road for beginners like us. I personally like the look of the 2D a lot so that helped lol.

Bronc69

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, 2022 X3 (wife's), 2015 GTI (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm 53 with a wife and young child. I'm going for the 4-door for the utility/added space.
Her friends can't wait to take the roof/doors off in the summer and have fun.
Wife has a new X3 that is great for long-highway runs. Bronco should have a bit more room inside though. My 911 has a usable rear seat (yes, it actually works for our daughter who's 5'2").

My Bronco's built. Just awaiting shipping.

Sponsored

YULQQKN4

Badlands
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 502A BAP, 2022 MUSTANG GT 6 SPEED COUPE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

43....Couldn't justify having a second 2 door car (2021 Mustang GT 6 speed) with having a wife and 2 kids....I prefer the look of the 2 door....but practicality won out :)

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
34 monday, no kids, no wife and even if I had both, want my family to know its Dads car

Legion1271

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
23. 2 Door.

Originally I wanted the 4 door, but this 2 door fell into my lap at my dealership where I work when someone didn't want their order, and I love it a lot more. Looks more like the OG Bronco's, and the 4 door looks like a mini hummer to me now. I also like having a shorter vehicle for a change haha, as for the back seats, I'm going to do a rear seat delete for more space since I work need them. My reasoning was that if I have kids in the future, I'll just get a cheap SUV because children destroy interiors lol

mikejames

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

32, 2-door

My only child is a Boston terrier and I like being able to park anywhere downtown. 2-door has enough cargo space for my needs, and this way I could afford a Black Diamond a little more easily.

I find lots of reasons to like both versions aesthetically. Generally I find all 2-doors look good, while a 4-door needs some of the offroad kit to really look "right" to me.

Balerstos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F-150, 2017 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

43....Couldn't justify having a second 2 door car (2021 Mustang GT 6 speed) with having a wife and 2 kids....I prefer the look of the 2 door....but practicality won out :)
Almost an identical situation. Love the look of both, had a 2dr on order initially, ended up with a 4dr once I factored in everything. Absolutely love mine now that I have it and the extra room has paid off several times already.
Sponsored