First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 Super Duty 7.3, ZF6, 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
28. 2 door. Didn't even consider a 4 door.
Sponsored

rdg04578

Everglades
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 jeep rubicon, F-150
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
57. 2 door as it will be a mostly off road vehicle.

ABar

Wildtrak
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just turned 40 this November and traded in a 2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon for a 2 door Wildtrak. I have a Gladiator Mojave that is my daily now, with a back seat delete, and the JLU had the back seats out as well. Never really had a need for the extra seats. The extra room is nice, but i don't even take my dogs with me anymore when I go wheeling. I love the way the 2 door looks over the 4 door personally. My daughter is going on 18 and joining the Reserves so, I haven't had a need for 4 doors.

vicdet

Outer Banks
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport & Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So I’m kind of curious, I’ve been reading this forum for, I don’t know, two or three months, and I’m really surprised there isn’t more 2-Door purchasers.
so I’m just wondering what AGE is of most people buying a
2 door and a 4 -door,
because I think it’s a generational thing now.

When I was a kid you were your father or grandfather if you were driving a four-door. same with my dad! Of course I grew up in a HotRod Family (30’-50’s Cars)
So I was always told that 2 doors is what you want.

Maybe I was brainwashed, or a product of my time, but I always thought the 2 Doors look way better than 4 doors
(as far as proportions and everything)
and all those extra posts and windows!
Especially the vehicle like a Bronco because of the short wheelbase. You have to jack up a four-door way higher in order to have the same clearance.

biggest thing for me is I have the mindset of

2-door Means Freedom
4-Door means Baggage

Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad that young folks nowadays wanna include their family on a lot of stuff, but I still think Guys need to have their OWN freedom sometimes, and “Girls”Too I guess!!!

So mostly this is just out of curiosity

I’m 52 and I love2doors
What did tou order and how old are you?
Thanks Rick
38(age) 4 door with no kids Just prefer the four-door so I don’t have to open my door and let someone in, seeing that I do have a total of 15 nieces and nephews

GT500

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
4 door to haul the dogs

Sponsored

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 4x4 ranger, '17 edge 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

56, kids are grown and since this is a ''extra" vehicle I don't need to haul anything or anyone but me.... and the wife on occasion....;)

GTPrincessa

Black Diamond
First Name
Cynthia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 GT Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wanted room for camping gear, grandkids, and friends. We drove a 4-door at the off-roadeo, and it is a very capable vehicle.

BRONCBOY21

Base
First Name
Ayres
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Age-21, 4-door
Wanted the extra room for gear, dogs and friends.

Patriotic

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Wildtrak; ‘23 Porsche 992T; ‘20 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’m a 61 year old Trial Lawyer, in a coat and tie every workday. On the weekends, an occasional Friday, and in my free time, I have a passion for the outdoors. My FE 2DR will be my personal dog, hunting, adventure outdoors car when it arrives in December-January. It won’t be my daily driver, and my wife’s X5 has all the people and gear carrying space we need, especially with the roof rack and luggage box I recently picked up.

Last edited:

Golfsnob

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Base 2 Door, Manual, 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Base
56. 2 door base 2.3 7sp. It's a toy and not my daily. Boy is in the AF and I'm sure will confiscate it whenever he's home. Daughter (16) has her own ride but I will be teaching her to drive a manual. Wife of 35 years can do whatever she wants but 99% of the time it will be just myself.

Sponsored

holo37

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Almost 50 2DR with a rear seat delete. Wife in passenger seat, 11 year old in rear and the Newfie in the delete. Enough room to put his baseball bags and a Yeti.

JZZ

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

64 and 2dr but don’t could easily be 4dr as both look sweet I just wanted the smaller version and most likely will do a back seat delete

Delight

Big Bend
First Name
Delight
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sequoia
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
62, 4dr.
I think people buy 2 vs 4 based on needs…not age. Mine is a 4dr even though the 2-door is a bit better looking in my opinion.
Got a 4-door to support my hobbies which simply require more cargo space.

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Transit Connect; 1997 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

38. Wife and two kids and we are a road trip family. 2 door all the way. We have a Transit Connect wagon for the ikea trips. And, we have a small utility trailer (I’ll be adding a hitch to my base bronco). For me, I’d rather have the body configuration I want because it will be only be me or my wife driving ourselves 75% of the time. Most of the rest of the time will be all four of us driving locally. Family trips where a lot of gear is necessary (5% of the time I’m guessing) will mean we decide between bringing the trailer, throwing the cargo basket on the roof rack, or packing judiciously. Or taking the van.

I’ve been wanting a Bronco II since I was six years old and my dad brought one home as his “company car” from the Ford dealership where he worked. Have loved every generation of the Bronco as well. What do they have in common? They are all two doors. And, while I’ll never say about a 4 door “that’s not a real bronco,” adding two doors does something to the proportions that is a big compromise for me. I appreciate the four door because without it, a sixth-gen two door never would have existed. The math/money just wouldn’t work in 2021.

We sold our second vehicle (a bare bones 1997 Wrangler) to make room for the Bronco. So, even the 2 door will seem practical compared to that. We never had problems fitting all our day-tripping beach gear in the Wrangler. And we even did a few weekend trips to visit family “up north.” Again, packing judiciously.

Also, we live in a City. I don’t think we’ll regret the 2 door when it’s time to parallel park in downtown Detroit or when visiting friends in Chicago.

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

50 + 2dr maybe if the larger engine had a stick i might of gone 4dr