Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also, I tend to cycle through vehicles with some frequency and the easier resale of the 4 door was a factor.

If resale and fuel tank wasn’t in the picture, I would have ordered 2 door, 2.3 manual instead of auto+4 door
Resale value is only important if you intend to resell a vehicle while it still has some life left in it.

The vast majority of vehicles that I have ever owned, the next owner after me was a junkyard.

I'm the type who keeps a vehicle as long as it will run, fixes it when it breaks, and keeps using it well past the point where many others would have given up on it. It doesn't matter to me what I will be able to sell my Bronco for, after I've had it for a few years, because I don't intend to sell it as long as it remains useful to me.
Sponsored

Fowler

Base
First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
outback
Your Bronco Model
Base
64 2 door sas true to the original classic
The 2 door is the true icon Bronco, the redheaded stepchild 4 door and 4 door Jeep are money makers for the family folk and shopping soccer moms. Lets face it the 2 door short wheel base is the true off road Bronco.

Bob Blaylock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The 2 door is the true icon Bronco, the redheaded stepchild 4 door and 4 door Jeep are money makers for the family folk and shopping soccer moms. Lets face it the 2 door short wheel base is the true off road Bronco.
Up through the Fifth Generation, the Bronco has always been two-door. Though I can see the point of purists insisting that any true Bronco needs to be two-door because of that history, the hard truth is that for many of us, a four-door version is far more practical and desirable.

I see no rational reason to consider the four-door version of the Sixth Generation Bronco to be any less valid than the two-door version. Apparently, the market agrees with me, as available information seems to indicate that the four-door version is significantly outselling the two-door version.

https://carbuzz.com/features/ford-bronco-two-door-vs-four-door-which-one-is-best

Ford told us around 25-30% of customers opted for the two-door Bronco, while around 70-75% picked the more practical four-door. Just under 20% selected the seven-speed manual transmission.

Because there was such a pent-up demand following several production delays, Ford believes the two-door and manual take rates will decrease over time as the customers who crave these options have their pre-orders filled.

Fowler

Base
First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
outback
Your Bronco Model
Base
Up through the Fifth Generation, the Bronco has always been two-door. Though I can see the point of purists insisting that any true Bronco needs to be two-door because of that history, the hard truth is that for many of us, a four-door version is far more practical and desirable.

I see no rational reason to consider the four-door version of the Sixth Generation Bronco to be any less valid than the two-door version. Apparently, the market agrees with me, as available information seems to indicate that the four-door version is significantly outselling the two-door version.

Ford told us around 25-30% of customers opted for the two-door Bronco, while around 70-75% picked the more practical four-door. Just under 20% selected the seven-speed manual transmission.
Because there was such a pent-up demand following several production delays, Ford believes the two-door and manual take rates will decrease over time as the customers who crave these options have their pre-orders filled.
Yes 4 door will out sell 2 doors and automatic over stick,but some of us old die hards will stick with the old way and seek the pure 2 door stick Bronco in 2021. Old school Cool school. There is a Bronco for everyone's needs and dreams. God Bless America

JohnG

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 dr Basesquatch, 2022 2 dr Base 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Saying the 2 door versions are the only true off road bronco is clearly gibberish. No different than the Jeep guys saying the new bronco in general is not a true off roader because it has *gasp* IFS.
Obviously the 2 door stick is closest to the original. But so is no airbags. Or lockers. Something being old, or even original, does not make it objectively better. It should be obvious that whichever configuration provides the greatest off road function to the greatest number is the best design.
4 door vehicles have better cargo room and a much greater fuel range. They hold more people. Better than the original in every meaningful way.

Sponsored

Sparky Wilson

Outer Banks
First Name
Sparky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 C7 Corvette, 2017 F150 XLT, 2018 Mercedes
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So I’m kind of curious, I’ve been reading this forum for, I don’t know, two or three months, and I’m really surprised there isn’t more 2-Door purchasers.
so I’m just wondering what AGE is of most people buying a
2 door and a 4 -door,
because I think it’s a generational thing now.

When I was a kid you were your father or grandfather if you were driving a four-door. same with my dad! Of course I grew up in a HotRod Family (30’-50’s Cars)
So I was always told that 2 doors is what you want.

Maybe I was brainwashed, or a product of my time, but I always thought the 2 Doors look way better than 4 doors
(as far as proportions and everything)
and all those extra posts and windows!
Especially the vehicle like a Bronco because of the short wheelbase. You have to jack up a four-door way higher in order to have the same clearance.

biggest thing for me is I have the mindset of

2-door Means Freedom
4-Door means Baggage

Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad that young folks nowadays wanna include their family on a lot of stuff, but I still think Guys need to have their OWN freedom sometimes, and “Girls”Too I guess!!!

So mostly this is just out of curiosity

I’m 52 and I love2doors
What did tou order and how old are you?
Thanks Rick
77 and waiting for my 2 door Outer Banks. Hope I don’t die still waiting.

See_Later_Alligator

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I want a 2 door but have two young kids so that seems stupid. However we typically use the family SUV for all of our adventures. But wonder if I’ll need the four door in future when we have split sports. Undecided.

RimrockPaul

Base
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
So I’m kind of curious, I’ve been reading this forum for, I don’t know, two or three months, and I’m really surprised there isn’t more 2-Door purchasers.
so I’m just wondering what AGE is of most people buying a
2 door and a 4 -door,
because I think it’s a generational thing now.

When I was a kid you were your father or grandfather if you were driving a four-door. same with my dad! Of course I grew up in a HotRod Family (30’-50’s Cars)
So I was always told that 2 doors is what you want.

Maybe I was brainwashed, or a product of my time, but I always thought the 2 Doors look way better than 4 doors
(as far as proportions and everything)
and all those extra posts and windows!
Especially the vehicle like a Bronco because of the short wheelbase. You have to jack up a four-door way higher in order to have the same clearance.

biggest thing for me is I have the mindset of

2-door Means Freedom
4-Door means Baggage

Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad that young folks nowadays wanna include their family on a lot of stuff, but I still think Guys need to have their OWN freedom sometimes, and “Girls”Too I guess!!!

So mostly this is just out of curiosity

I’m 52 and I love2doors
What did tou order and how old are you?
Thanks Rick
Rick,
I'm 70 now, though was 68 when I reserved by base MT 2 door. My needs are simple ones: reliability and AC. Just me and wife and 2 bossy little dogs. Forest roads, maybe muddy and snowy. Meatier tires are all I'll do at first. Now mine will be a 2022. Hope to get it before 71st bday.
Paul in Rimrock AZ.

OP
OP
71to21-2DR

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Rick,
I'm 70 now, though was 68 when I reserved by base MT 2 door. My needs are simple ones: reliability and AC. Just me and wife and 2 bossy little dogs. Forest roads, maybe muddy and snowy. Meatier tires are all I'll do at first. Now mine will be a 2022. Hope to get it before 71st bday.
Paul in Rimrock AZ.
Us pretty much! 4 Bossy Weiner Dogs!
First thing I am doing is Ditching the back seats, and flattening the floor there’s several threads on here about different ways it’s pretty cool!!!

might also ditch the rear spare if I can make a quick interchangeable delete plate.
my old 71 and I took off my spare when I was around town and then would put it back on when I went Wheeling

SoCalDawg

Wildtrak
First Name
TC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX 460
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If I was single with no kids I would go 2 door.. but I am not. mid-40s with two boys. I am not dealing with moving the seats forward and we also need the cargo room. I would 100% go 4 door.

Sponsored

RimrockPaul

Base
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Us pretty much! 4 Bossy Weiner Dogs!
First thing I am doing is Ditching the back seats, and flattening the floor there’s several threads on here about different ways it’s pretty cool!!!

might also ditch the rear spare if I can make a quick interchangeable delete plate.
my old 71 and I took off my spare when I was around town and then would put it back on when I went Wheeling
And I'll also install my ham radio.
Mine separates so I can put the head on the dash with velcro and stash the actual radio under the seat. Will use the yaesu at120 all band antenna..probably on the top of spare tire mount.
Paul

JBrew

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mazda 3, 2021 Area 51 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

2 door
55 years old
No kids
Rarely any passengers

I'll probably get rid of the back seats as soon as I can. I just don't need that many seats.

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

2 kids
1 husband
2 dogs
4 doors

Village Idiot

Badlands
First Name
Carey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2 door
55 years old
No kids
Rarely any passengers

Will be removing back seat. Looking at Goose Gear rear seat delete. Hoping someone sells a cage that will cover the entire rear after seat delete. Hoping I can get golf clubs in diagonally.

getpower1

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is my first post on this forum. 31 years old.

I was just excited they were bringing the Bronco back and only saw the two door images at first. I knew at some point I’d get one. Just recently did I even decide to start researching things on them and the four door felt like the go to vehicle.

Other reasons I ordered a four door:
-Wife, two kids, three dogs
-Always need more room on trips
-Truck driver, so used to longer vehicles in general, and this will still be the smallest one we own
-Longer wheelbase vehicles generally handle better
-Nice to set gear on the seats and have a door to open to access that gear.
-Assuming better resale value if a financial crisis happens and I have to offload it.
-Didn’t ask the boss, but assumed it had to be a four door to get the okay to put an order in.
Sponsored

Last edited: