First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969, 1971, 1966, 1973, 2022 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
45, 4 kids but love the 2 door the best. Will be selling my Gladiator when the Bronco hits the assembly line in January.
Wanted the manual but got the auto to not piss the wife off more though for not 4dr lol. I've had 20 early broncos since I bought my first when i was 16. The 2dr is just so much more retro and this is for me to go with my 71. My older 2 have their own cars (building a 66 half cab bronco for my 16 year old). I'll probably get a 4 door when they offer a slide back top like my wife's one touch sky view roof on her wrangler, it's her favorite feature and really nice. A hybrid for a family wagon would also be an extra I'd like for the 4dr.
Sponsored

OP
OP
71to21-2DR

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

52 - 2Dr - DINK - Have other vehicles for hauling peeps or trailers.

I've owned a few 2 door 4WDs over the last 30 years (Scout/Jeeps). I've got nothing against 4-doors, but everyone deserves it to themselves to enjoy/tolerate/suffer 2 door life. Definitely not a practical decision for most folks but its the one I choose.
Then there’s always a rear seat delete for more room and less people!!!

B_Dmatt

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

early 30's
bachelor income no kids
2 door it is
ill sell and swap to 4 door when i have kids

cashe3

Outer Banks
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa Fe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

57 empty nester 4D. It's going to be the daily driver and the practicality of the 4D wins out.

Apple Blossom

Outer Banks
First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So I’m kind of curious, I’ve been reading this forum for, I don’t know, two or three months, and I’m really surprised there isn’t more 2-Door purchasers.
so I’m just wondering what AGE is of most people buying a
2 door and a 4 -door,
because I think it’s a generational thing now.

When I was a kid you were your father or grandfather if you were driving a four-door. same with my dad! Of course I grew up in a HotRod Family (30’-50’s Cars)
So I was always told that 2 doors is what you want.

Maybe I was brainwashed, or a product of my time, but I always thought the 2 Doors look way better than 4 doors
(as far as proportions and everything)
and all those extra posts and windows!
Especially the vehicle like a Bronco because of the short wheelbase. You have to jack up a four-door way higher in order to have the same clearance.

biggest thing for me is I have the mindset of

2-door Means Freedom
4-Door means Baggage

Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad that young folks nowadays wanna include their family on a lot of stuff, but I still think Guys need to have their OWN freedom sometimes, and “Girls”Too I guess!!!

So mostly this is just out of curiosity

I’m 52 and I love2doors
What did tou order and how old are you?
Thanks Rick
I REALLY like the look of 2 doors and am 75. Why did I not order one? I have a Cardigan Corgi and he must be lifted into the back seat. Although a smallish dog he weighs 35 lbs. Also, I had a 2002, Explorer Sport and with the short wheel base it had a propensity to perform 360s on really slippery surfaces, and we have lots of those in Canada. I later had a 2005 Explorer Sport Trac Adrenalin and it behaved itself on all surfaces. I have been driving Edges since and love them but they are a bit boring. As my final kick at the can I am going crazy ordering my Bronco. I admit it will be a "mall Bronco" but an outstanding one. The most challenge it will face is getting me to breakfast through 2 feet of snow on a morning.. It's Cyber Orange in honor of my 1971 Datsun 240 Z and the aforementioned Explorer (the Pumpkin) who were both orange.

Sponsored

Smokeyorange

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak on order
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

49-4dr
I just think it makes sense to have the extra room. I will use it off road but will use it for other things to.

FrankenRodz

Base
First Name
sheldon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base 2 - Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

62 years young.
Ford never made a 4 door Bronco.
2 door will always be of greater value, especially as it ages, and with their scarcity.
I don’t have a problem with Ford’s decision, just don’t call it a Bronco! (Maybe MoreDoor?)

Last edited:

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I’m kind of curious, I’ve been reading this forum for, I don’t know, two or three months, and I’m really surprised there isn’t more 2-Door purchasers.
so I’m just wondering what AGE is of most people buying a
2 door and a 4 -door,
because I think it’s a generational thing now.

When I was a kid you were your father or grandfather if you were driving a four-door. same with my dad! Of course I grew up in a HotRod Family (30’-50’s Cars)
So I was always told that 2 doors is what you want.

Maybe I was brainwashed, or a product of my time, but I always thought the 2 Doors look way better than 4 doors
(as far as proportions and everything)
and all those extra posts and windows!
Especially the vehicle like a Bronco because of the short wheelbase. You have to jack up a four-door way higher in order to have the same clearance.

biggest thing for me is I have the mindset of

2-door Means Freedom
4-Door means Baggage

Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad that young folks nowadays wanna include their family on a lot of stuff, but I still think Guys need to have their OWN freedom sometimes, and “Girls”Too I guess!!!

So mostly this is just out of curiosity

I’m 52 and I love2doors
What did tou order and how old are you?
Thanks Rick
Lotta judgement here. 4 door because it’s bigger and there are plenty of times I need to carry a lot of stuff. My wife has the smaller vehicle- she’s small and it suits her. I’m a curious person by nature but the 2door 4 door thing, I just don’t care about, it’d be similar to why did you choose the color you chose? Who cares. It only matters to the buyer. Enjoy it. There are far less 2 door orders. Less people want them. It’s OK. Also, all caps are unnecessary and juvenile.

Wilbur's son

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Ranger 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
58 here. My impending VB 2dr Black Diamond order is a shout out to my late fathers '68 Acapulco Blue Bronco. When family found out what I wanted to do, my Sis asked if a 2dr? If blue? and if a manual? I said yes to all.

Sponsored

JRock17

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ice Mountain 4dr Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

2 door

No kids, never needed 4 doors. Never used the back seat in my F150.

Bronco is supposed to be a 2 door.
With all due respect, the bronco is not “supposed” to be anything other than a workhorse for its owner. Whether it is 2 doors or 4 doors that suits you, Ford has offered something for everyone. I have a 4 door, because I have three kids. I am glad Ford decided to make a bigger version otherwise I could never have purchased one. Much like CT203 said, it only matters to the buyer, go and enjoy whatever it is that you decided to stroke a big check for!

Chippewa-Pin

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Fe, Tucson, Z4, T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
55 - 2dr

Have 2 kids at home, but this is a 'fun' car for my wife. The 4dr wouldn't hold everything she likes to bring on vacation anyway. The Palisade is stuffed including a bag on top of more stuff. We plan to tow a small enclosed trailer so we can bring it to the beach!

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
38, 2 kids and a 4 door. Need the 4 door for cargo space when my kids aren’t in the car

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lotta judgement here. 4 door because it’s bigger and there are plenty of times I need to carry a lot of stuff. My wife has the smaller vehicle- she’s small and it suits her. I’m a curious person by nature but the 2door 4 door thing, I just don’t care about, it’d be similar to why did you choose the color you chose? Who cares. It only matters to the buyer. Enjoy it. There are far less 2 door orders. Less people want them. It’s OK. Also, all caps are unnecessary and juvenile.
I have been reading this thread since it was first posted over a year ago and I have read lots of opinions, but no judgements.
Sponsored