John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wonder how old you have to be to write a post with a poll in the title but not include the poll feature?
Sponsored

martyb

Badlands
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra Denali, VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm 55, ordered a 4-dr, and 2-dr owners be like-

Texas Sunshine

Base
First Name
Suzann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

BroncoTodd

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model X 100D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
47, no kids - Mainly want to use this as my overloading rig and/or for longer road trips, but will also be my daily driver. Since this will be my only car, i want the extra space that the 4 door offers in the back.

In the future, if i decide to get a different rig to haul a trailer (more than 3500 lbs), and this could truly be my daily driver and fun-haver, then i might swap for a 2 door in the future.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am 40 and getting the 4-door. I am using mine mainly to hunt and I want to sleep in it, not doing that in the little one. I take a lot of gear to stay out for a week and don't want to attach a roof box/hitch carrier to make it work. I also have two girls that will be driving soon and they will need room for their friends. I was planning on getting a 2-door when they are available on dealer lots for myself, but I have re-thought that and will be going with another 4-door Broncos at some point. The 2-door is just too tiny for me.

This is how I imagine a 2-door if I got one, no one wants to see that.
Ford Bronco Age and Reason  for 2door and 4door  buyers vw

Last edited:

Sponsored

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I guess I have 2 small ones. They have hair all over their bodies though, and even the 5-year old still walks around on all fours. Neither can talk yet, just make loud short sounds when they get excited. The younger one is obsessed with tennis balls and frisbees.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

43. 4 door. 1 kid left in the house but 95% of the time I will be alone in the Bronco, it will never be a family trip vehicle, even to the mall. 4 door is already too small for me, I could never drive a compact SUV.

ahtussey

Big Bend
First Name
Abbey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

40; 2-door. I've got 3 kids; one in the Coast Guard, one a HS senior, and an 11 year old. Been there, done that with 4-doors.

Sponsored
OP
OP
71to21-2DR

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No poll, no pole... what gives? Poll just in name or are you adding the poll/pole at a later date?
Just in the message
Dont no about actually polls
My curiosity

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

When Bronco was announced, I was mad they even offered a 4-door. Blasphemy, I said. I ordered a 2-door.

I saw the 4-door as pandering to dilettantes.

After nearly a year of looking daily at Bronco pics, the proportions of the 4-door Bronco grew on me. My kids are teens, so I don’t “need” four doors to access child seats. But I remembered through the nostalgic fog how everyone in high school bitched about climbing into and out of the back seat of my Bronco. I also like to easily access the back seat myself. I put my work bag back there.

The truth is, back then, I always said there should be a 4-door Bronco and a 4-door Jeep. Ford instead did the Expedition and Explorer, neither of which looked very cool. The 4-door Wrangler looks crappy to me. But the 4-door Bronco is COOL. Looks like a Bronco and Scout merged. I also remember that back then I wished Broncos had a soft top that was easy and secure (not a leaky top with metal snaps).

So when Ford said soft tops could be built sooner, I easily changed to 4-door. And now, I see pics of the 2-doors and they look a little stubby to me. The length of the body from the door to the grill is longer than the length from the door to the rear end. Still cool, but I like the stance of the 4-door now.

I’d still be completely happy with the 2-door, though.

Xploit

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So I’m kind of curious, I’ve been reading this forum for, I don’t know, two or three months, and I’m really surprised there isn’t more 2-Door purchasers.
so I’m just wondering what AGE is of most people buying a
2 door and a 4 -door,
because I think it’s a generational thing now.

When I was a kid you were your father or grandfather if you were driving a four-door. same with my dad! Of course I grew up in a HotRod Family (30’-50’s Cars)
So I was always told that 2 doors is what you want.

Maybe I was brainwashed, or a product of my time, but I always thought the 2 Doors look way better than 4 doors
(as far as proportions and everything)
and all those extra posts and windows!
Especially the vehicle like a Bronco because of the short wheelbase. You have to jack up a four-door way higher in order to have the same clearance.

biggest thing for me is I have the mindset of

2-door Means Freedom
4-Door means Baggage

Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad that young folks nowadays wanna include their family on a lot of stuff, but I still think Guys need to have their OWN freedom sometimes, and “Girls”Too I guess!!!

So mostly this is just out of curiosity

I’m 52 and I love2doors
What did tou order and how old are you?
Thanks Rick

I am of the same thinking. My wife and I chose to not have children. We both value freedom, having said that, I think for us, it's more about design. To us the two door simply looks better. We have some younger friends (mid thirties) who only buy 4 door SUV's, not because they don't think two doors is sexier, but because they have 2 dogs and its a function of utility.
Sponsored