First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW EOS, Jeep Rubicon, Acura RDX, Yamaha Roadstar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I never considered anything but a 2 door. It has enough room for my needs. If I need more room, my wife has a Subaru. Lol. I'm 51
@Bradnewt, funny man, I read this as I’m 5’1”, not 51. It’s all about the context.
Sponsored

merkelsjm

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A shitty WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hummmm.... 44, 3 kids between 11-15 and a Great Dane: 4 door badlands, 2.7, all the things (but leather)

gwp

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson FLTRUSE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

biggest thing for YOU is the mindset of

2-door Means Freedom
4-Door means Baggage

For me

2 door is proportionally and historically correct. It has stance and style. Plenty of room for the mission at hand. Fits in the garage with extra room to spare. Two people can fit in the back but not long enough to overstay their welcome. People are overrated.

4 door looks like a jumped up Ford Flex on Dubs. Too long. Short front doors put the B pillar right in my face when I look left. It will be worse off road. I am not worried that folks might laugh at me… but I really don’t want to be crying inside every time I look at it. Only my impressions matter.

Tell me again why age matters? Family size does of course. If an Explorer ST is too much for ya, may I suggest a three row Subaru Ascent?

Sponsored
OP
OP
71to21-2DR

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

58 and only a 2 door. I don't like people, and want to be left alone. Mostly the dog with me and occasionally one grandchild at a time. Freedom in my generation meant time to yourself. No chores, no nagging, no "what ya thinkin bout" crap. A 6 pack, a fishing pole, and peace and quiet. Sorry if I offended anyone. Not really though. I also prefer the 2 door sedan/sport coupes of days gone by. GTOs, 442s, Chevelles, Torinos, Cougars, Chargers. If it's too much of a pain to get in the back seat, PLEASE don't come along. I'll be OK.
Exactly!

Giordiesel

Wildtrak
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I love the 2 but I need to get the 4, got a lot of hunting gear and travel around, ie: tree stands, climbers, weapons, and warm clothes, that 2door would never fit it all.

OP
OP
71to21-2DR

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

38, 2 door. I plan on removing the roll bars in the summer for an open-air beach cruiser experience and the 4 door looks like a big dumb bathtub with the roll bars removed.
2E1FB8EE-6641-4A31-B399-B4AC8D741B9D.jpeg
It looks like the old model T tubs!
With out the roll bars! Lol!

OP
OP
71to21-2DR

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm 35 with a wife, kid (5 yr old), and a dog (50 lbs). We willl all be riding in my 2 door, across the country, including trail riding all over. We will pack light, and tent camp until I can get a small tow-behind camper (think tear drop, sub 1500 lb)
That’s probably what we’re going to do.

Sponsored

CoachTee

Wildtrak
First Name
Teresa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

4 Door - 54 , single, kids flew the coup long ago, self-employed (Currently 2 door Jeep Willys)
  • Space for those Lowe's & Home Depot trips
  • Room to sleep for roadtrips
  • ***GVRW met for TAX WRITEOFF***
  • Smart Decision for me!

KaneNorth

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

34, single dude, no kids. Ordered a four door badlands with sasquatch package. Don't often have passengers I just like having the extra space for hauling gear for overlanding trips and my prospecting equipment.

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I’m kind of curious, I’ve been reading this forum for, I don’t know, two or three months, and I’m really surprised there isn’t more 2-Door purchasers.
so I’m just wondering what AGE is of most people buying a
2 door and a 4 -door,
because I think it’s a generational thing now.

When I was a kid you were your father or grandfather if you were driving a four-door. same with my dad! Of course I grew up in a HotRod Family (30’-50’s Cars)
So I was always told that 2 doors is what you want.

Maybe I was brainwashed, or a product of my time, but I always thought the 2 Doors look way better than 4 doors
(as far as proportions and everything)
and all those extra posts and windows!
Especially the vehicle like a Bronco because of the short wheelbase. You have to jack up a four-door way higher in order to have the same clearance.

biggest thing for me is I have the mindset of

2-door Means Freedom
4-Door means Baggage

Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad that young folks nowadays wanna include their family on a lot of stuff, but I still think Guys need to have their OWN freedom sometimes, and “Girls”Too I guess!!!

So mostly this is just out of curiosity

I’m 52 and I love2doors
What did tou order and how old are you?
Thanks Rick
56 and ordered the 2 dr badlands. I should state that I have never owned a four door, raised two kids and never needed the extra doors. But that is just me...

Buckin Bronco

Badlands
First Name
ChoSunJuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

44, girlfriend, no kids. 2dr is a lot better for the tight trails around me. I don't like having more than one passenger in my vehicles, so I'll be removing the rear seats for more cargo space.

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My first 4x4 trip to Moab was in my dad's brand new 1970 K5. It later became my first car.
Ford Bronco Age and Reason  for 2door and 4door  buyers 1623994578870

The 2dr Bronco reminds me of the K5 so I decided to get that instead of another jeep.
Sponsored