David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '19 GTI, '88 R100GS, HPN BMW G/S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So I’m kind of curious, I’ve been reading this forum for, I don’t know, two or three months, and I’m really surprised there isn’t more 2-Door purchasers.
so I’m just wondering what AGE is of most people buying a
2 door and a 4 -door,
because I think it’s a generational thing now.

When I was a kid you were your father or grandfather if you were driving a four-door. same with my dad! Of course I grew up in a HotRod Family (30’-50’s Cars)
So I was always told that 2 doors is what you want.

Maybe I was brainwashed, or a product of my time, but I always thought the 2 Doors look way better than 4 doors
(as far as proportions and everything)
and all those extra posts and windows!
Especially the vehicle like a Bronco because of the short wheelbase. You have to jack up a four-door way higher in order to have the same clearance.

biggest thing for me is I have the mindset of

2-door Means Freedom
4-Door means Baggage

Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad that young folks nowadays wanna include their family on a lot of stuff, but I still think Guys need to have their OWN freedom sometimes, and “Girls”Too I guess!!!

So mostly this is just out of curiosity

I’m 52 and I love2doors
What did tou order and how old are you?
Thanks Rick
52 years old. Married with one child + one working dog. I might be able to squeeze by with the (better looking) two door. But, likely additional puppy in the next two years. I’ll need some more space than our Golf Alltrack. So four door it is, especially because I need the additional off road ability of the BD Bronco on order for both jobs — window engineer that takes me to construction sites and dog trainer — that both take me to areas where the Alltracks ground clearance makes it dicey. Replacing an Xterra Off Road that is 16 years old with 218k miles on the clock.
Sponsored

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'm 27, single, no kids and no plans for them, and ordered a 4 door.

4 door has superior looks and proportions.

I also love being able to pile a bunch of friends into my vehicles so the 4 door works better for my needs. It will also drive nicer and hold more shit. It's going to be an adventure rig and I'll want lots of room for gear.

Also, it looks better.

David12691

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
29, 4 door.

I've driven a two-door Wrangler for the last 7 years, got a four door this time because I want the space and I think it looks better, imo. To me the four door is more freedom to do more with it, so I'm not sure where this baggage/freedom 2 vs. 4 door line of thinking comes from. My jk hardly had space for passengers and was sometimes difficult to work with in terms of carrying capacity.

Either way, just buy what you like, there really is no wrong answer to this debate and neither is really superior to the other, thats why they make both.

David12691

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm 27, single, no kids and no plans for them, and ordered a 4 door.

4 door has superior looks and proportions.

I also love being able to pile a bunch of friends into my vehicles so the 4 door works better for my needs. It will also drive nicer and hold more shit. It's going to be an adventure rig and I'll want lots of room for gear.

Also, it looks better.
You sound like me, cheers, mate. 🍻

Sponsored

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2 Door. True Broncos are 2 Doors! I'm 59. Kids are grown, grandkids don't live near the Wife and I. Youngest Son does, but won't be riding with the Wife and I. No need for a "more door". Don't like the look of the 4 door. 🤢

dangerzone79

Black Diamond
First Name
O- -O
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond & 1972 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm 41. No kids. No dogs. This Bronco will be my 4th. I am getting a 4 door. The reason is simple... looks & space. The ability to sleep inside is amazing. I also often drive with multiple friends in a vehicle. The 4 door will also be a smoother ride. And in my opinion, the 2 door just looks a tad goofy or off. But that's just me. The beauty of the 2 or 4 option is really great. I don't knock any 2 door people and I'd love to drive one sometime.

Last edited:

Clearwater native

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19F-59,16-E350, 65C10,05TJ, 67RSCamaro, 65malibuSS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm 59 2-DR is perfect for my wife and I occasionally a grandchild or 2 I personally would'nt buy a 4-DR but I realize if it werent for the 4 DR jeep coming out and making it so popular we probably would'nt be here now I can't wait to be able to see all the variations of colors, accesories, add ons wheels/tires, lifts, ect on all the Bronco's it's all about the way it makes you Happy

HawaiiSlim

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
4dr

I’m 24 and don’t want, nor have kids. I’ll probably adopt a dog at some point? I like cargo space for camping gear, Costco trips, and whatever the hell else you can think of. That is something the 2dr does not provide enough of.

Last edited:

Wizard1183

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Sierra/ 2010 Camaro 2SS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I’m kind of curious, I’ve been reading this forum for, I don’t know, two or three months, and I’m really surprised there isn’t more 2-Door purchasers.
so I’m just wondering what AGE is of most people buying a
2 door and a 4 -door,
because I think it’s a generational thing now.

When I was a kid you were your father or grandfather if you were driving a four-door. same with my dad! Of course I grew up in a HotRod Family (30’-50’s Cars)
So I was always told that 2 doors is what you want.

Maybe I was brainwashed, or a product of my time, but I always thought the 2 Doors look way better than 4 doors
(as far as proportions and everything)
and all those extra posts and windows!
Especially the vehicle like a Bronco because of the short wheelbase. You have to jack up a four-door way higher in order to have the same clearance.

biggest thing for me is I have the mindset of

2-door Means Freedom
4-Door means Baggage

Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad that young folks nowadays wanna include their family on a lot of stuff, but I still think Guys need to have their OWN freedom sometimes, and “Girls”Too I guess!!!

So mostly this is just out of curiosity

I’m 52 and I love2doors
What did tou order and how old are you?
Thanks Rick
4 door= MORE ROOM. 2 door means you’re single, selfish, cheap, just want to look cool. Lol

2 door trucks used to be cool. I love old school trucks. But if I’m buying a truck? It’s a crew cab. More room. And I do have a family so they need to fit aswell.

Sponsored

WildWillie

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
36 married with 2 kids. Told my wife when we got married that..if Ford ever brought the bronco back, id have one. she has an suv for family travels. IMO, Broncos should only be 2 door. I just could bring myself to do the 4 door.

NurseA.J

Outer Banks
First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outerbanks Sasquatch Lux 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

38, 2 door. I plan on removing the roll bars in the summer for an open-air beach cruiser experience and the 4 door looks like a big dumb bathtub with the roll bars removed.
2E1FB8EE-6641-4A31-B399-B4AC8D741B9D.jpeg
Ummm 🤔. The roll bars can be removed? I absolutely love that idea!!!

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is a sad question for me. I am totally of the 2 door mindset. 4 doors look crap on anything other than a 60s lincoln. The weight, the cost, the more crap to fail. It just sucks. But we are buying a bronco to replace a 96 FSB and unfortunately the 4 door is the exact same size as our bronco. So thats what my wife wants. Something that can fit all 3 nieces and nephew and atleast 1 dog. So we can take them offroading. Will they have as much fun a 1 or 2 of them would in a 2 door. Maybe but not as wild. The other sad part is that we are not wealthy and can barely afford a new one. So paying for the extra doors means we must sacrifice options like mid or sas. Our hope is that we can afford a stripped badlands.
Practicality is something we all face. You will love your 4 door as much as a 2 door. And I’m sure there will be plenty of times that you will smile because you have a 4 door when a 2 door would have been a pain in the ass. Just be glad that you can get a bronco- any bronco!
Sponsored