Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
mid 40s, kids grown and don't go anywhere with us. 4 door because it's not a Corvette and I would like for 4 adults to easily get in if need be. Besides the 4 door looks better, 2 door too squished.
Sponsored

TimmH

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
51 and undecided.... Leaning towards 2dr, but the cargo space of the 4dr is handy. Been paying close attention to what I haul in my 4dr Jeep to see if it really merits needing the 4dr.

StedeBonnett

Outer Banks
First Name
Geno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2020 Subaru Forester Touring
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Mid 50s - married, two dogs, two-year-old grandson.
2 door. As others have stated, I see it as the traditional Bronco (my grandfather had an early 70s Bronco).
I've never owned a 4 door. My rides started with a hand-me-down Duster 340 to my current ride a 2012 Mustang GT. My wife has always driven 4 door cars (currently driving a 2020 Forrester Touring).

I have a romantic connection to the Bronco; sitting next to my Grandpa eating hotdogs parked at the edge of our local airport runway watching planes take off and land, riding in the back as we off-roaded on the farm and driving through creek beds. Good Times!

I'll admit I want to recreate some of that with my Grandson.

Kevin W

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMB 4dr Sasq Base and an Erup Green 2dr Sasq Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
54, I too think the 2 door looks better, but I went 4. I hunt a ton, way easier to put the dog kennel in the back seat area of a 4 door. More space for gear, rifles or shotguns on the hunting trips.

Sponsored

NoleDawg

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

39 y/o getting a 2DR. My one kid will be 10 by the time I take delivery. Him and his buddies can just climb into the back like I did when I was a kid into every two door. If they don’t like it, they can walk.

Seventyfouronthefloor

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, LUBR, Chrome Yellow, 2016 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
yeah until it gets flipped then your head is the roll bar.
I’ve driven my non-lifted 28” tire 100% stock early Bronco around for 21 years without a cage and top off in the summer without fear of it rolling on me. But I don’t usually go faster than 30 mph in it. They never designed them in ‘65 to be lifted cut and jacked up on big tires, hence no roll cage from the factory.

Don’t lift it and don’t put 31”+ tires on it and riding cage-free is a perfectly safe proposition. I actually plan to lower/slam my 2022 on airbags, eventually.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So I’m kind of curious, I’ve been reading this forum for, I don’t know, two or three months, and I’m really surprised there isn’t more 2-Door purchasers.
so I’m just wondering what AGE is of most people buying a
2 door and a 4 -door,
because I think it’s a generational thing now.

When I was a kid you were your father or grandfather if you were driving a four-door. same with my dad! Of course I grew up in a HotRod Family (30’-50’s Cars)
So I was always told that 2 doors is what you want.

Maybe I was brainwashed, or a product of my time, but I always thought the 2 Doors look way better than 4 doors
(as far as proportions and everything)
and all those extra posts and windows!
Especially the vehicle like a Bronco because of the short wheelbase. You have to jack up a four-door way higher in order to have the same clearance.

biggest thing for me is I have the mindset of

2-door Means Freedom
4-Door means Baggage

Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad that young folks nowadays wanna include their family on a lot of stuff, but I still think Guys need to have their OWN freedom sometimes, and “Girls”Too I guess!!!

So mostly this is just out of curiosity

I’m 52 and I love2doors
What did tou order and how old are you?
Thanks Rick
This is a fun question to pass the time while our Broncos are being made. I'm 69, and ordered a 4 door because
1. I want the extra space in the cargo area,
2. I want the extra comfort that the longer wheelbase provides (I'll get tired of the short-wheelbase bounce)
3. When occasionally towing, the longer wheelbase is king
4. I ended up trading my 1990's 2dr bronco because, once i had two kids and their friends, climbing out, opening the front door to let people into the rear door & climbing back in, became very inconvenient.
5. Yes, if I wanted two personal cars, one just for fun, I'd buy a manual trans 3dr Badlands Sasquatch and enjoy my life of solicitude. However, this is my one car, needs to be multifunction and versatile. Its a small car even in 4dr, the roof comes off, and . . .
6. I can only get the electrically adjustable leather in the 4dr. Im tall, and need the electric seats.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m in the 30-40 year range and have a 4 door on order.

I don’t have kids, but one day I will and am trying to think ahead. I always prefer larger vehicles and have owned enough coupes to know what a pain in the ass/useless the back seats are. I’d much rather have the extra doors and larger cargo area as well.

Sponsored
OP
OP
71to21-2DR

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

29, 4 door.

I've driven a two-door Wrangler for the last 7 years, got a four door this time because I want the space and I think it looks better, imo. To me the four door is more freedom to do more with it, so I'm not sure where this baggage/freedom 2 vs. 4 door line of thinking comes from. My jk hardly had space for passengers and was sometimes difficult to work with in terms of carrying capacity.

Either way, just buy what you like, there really is no wrong answer to this debate and neither is really superior to the other, thats why they make both.
Its not a debate, its a conversation.
Curiosity is not an argument.
Tired of that sort of thing.
This is also a distraction from the constant whining on all the other threads.
😉

dr.frank1320

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW I3, F150, '89 XJ, Nissan Figaro & F100CV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
51 and 2 door. Wheelbase. IMHO, 4 door Wranglers kinda suck on trails here in Colorado. My XJ makes 'em look bad.

Oldred57

Black Diamond
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ummm 🤔. The roll bars can be removed? I absolutely love that idea!!!
Anything’s removable with a big enough saw. I think they can be pulled out with a special wrench. Obviously Ford doesn’t recommend it (like pulling the top on post 92 Broncos) but the ability is there.

OP
OP
71to21-2DR

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

4 door= MORE ROOM. 2 door means you’re single, selfish, cheap, just want to look cool. Lol

2 door trucks used to be cool. I love old school trucks. But if I’m buying a truck? It’s a crew cab. More room. And I do have a family so they need to fit aswell.
Selfish part is probably right. For me.
But…
I still think Guys need there own trips once in awhile, and 1 on 1 time with a kid, friend, or grand parent.
Im sure some Moms too. But mostly guys, they need a Re-Boot from the Chaos of Life. Its in our DNA.
Thats what I mean by Freedom Vs. Baggage. Also If your a minimalist.
I watch my young neighbors get ready for a camping trip, and its a full on 3 day production. But The Father does get with the next door neighbor once in awhile and they go hunting. So I admire those guys for their Life balance.
Again this is just a conversation, not a debate. Its all a distraction from the waiting game from Ford.
Thanks Rick

OP
OP
71to21-2DR

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My name is Joe, I'm over 50 and I like long walks on the beach, candlelight dining, the works of Carol S Lewis, crossword puzzles, quinoa, cauliflower rice, cats and opera.
That’s all fine and dandy! But what Bronco did you go with and why?
Sponsored