Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

28 - 2 dr

No kids, one lapdog. I can't remember the last time I had more than 2 people in my car. Probably Octoberfest 2019 when I was the DD.

Having said that, first car was a Mustang, pops had several Mustangs and a Bronco when I was growing up. Flipping the seat forward to get in the back was never a big deal.

Additionally, leaning towards a roof box or a small utility trailer if I need more cargo space. Shorter wheel base for off-roading, but more cargo space than my current hatchback when I need it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
71to21-2DR

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is a fun question to pass the time while our Broncos are being made. I'm 69, and ordered a 4 door because
1. I want the extra space in the cargo area,
2. I want the extra comfort that the longer wheelbase provides (I'll get tired of the short-wheelbase bounce)
3. When occasionally towing, the longer wheelbase is king
4. I ended up trading my 1990's 2dr bronco because, once i had two kids and their friends, climbing out, opening the front door to let people into the rear door & climbing back in, became very inconvenient.
5. Yes, if I wanted two personal cars, one just for fun, I'd buy a manual trans 3dr Badlands Sasquatch and enjoy my life of solicitude. However, this is my one car, needs to be multifunction and versatile. Its a small car even in 4dr, the roof comes off, and . . .
6. I can only get the electrically adjustable leather in the 4dr. Im tall, and need the electric seats.
That’s all I’m trying to do, and I’m genuinely curious.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
So I’m kind of curious, I’ve been reading this forum for, I don’t know, two or three months, and I’m really surprised there isn’t more 2-Door purchasers.
so I’m just wondering what AGE is of most people buying a
2 door and a 4 -door,
because I think it’s a generational thing now.

When I was a kid you were your father or grandfather if you were driving a four-door. same with my dad! Of course I grew up in a HotRod Family (30’-50’s Cars)
So I was always told that 2 doors is what you want.

Maybe I was brainwashed, or a product of my time, but I always thought the 2 Doors look way better than 4 doors
(as far as proportions and everything)
and all those extra posts and windows!
Especially the vehicle like a Bronco because of the short wheelbase. You have to jack up a four-door way higher in order to have the same clearance.

biggest thing for me is I have the mindset of

2-door Means Freedom
4-Door means Baggage

Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad that young folks nowadays wanna include their family on a lot of stuff, but I still think Guys need to have their OWN freedom sometimes, and “Girls”Too I guess!!!

So mostly this is just out of curiosity

I’m 52 and I love2doors
What did tou order and how old are you?
Thanks Rick
I could be your doppelganger, lol.

On the other hand, a friend of mine same age, buys 4-door larger vehicles and is always concerned about capacity and space. I noticed two key reasons why:

1) Him and family travel with the kitchen sink. Even a short trip to visit, somehow they fill the entire bed of their 4-door full size pickup truck.

2) He's a big "what if" kind of guy. He might not typically have much need for the added capacity, at least in his personal use vehicle, but he can't get over the "what if".

Personally, I'm leaning towards a base 2-door manual, because it should meet the majority of my driving needs and is a lower cost, and more nimble driving experience compared to a longer rig. The main caveat to that is extended drives out west with 4 persons, camping and exploring in the Rockies. That was no problem when I actually lived in the mountains. But now driving 1000 miles getting to the mountains with 4 passengers, and extended time camping and exploring? A 4-door could be a better fit for that usage.

It's academic right now though, I haven't even seen a 2-door Bronco in person, much less driven any of them.

DanielP

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 PowerBoost F-150, 2019 Mustang EcoBoost
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
44 2 Door.
My dad had a 1985 Bronco, I learned how to drive in that vehicle. He then upgraded to a used 1995 Bronco in 1997(unfortunately it was white with a blue interior and a dead ringer for the OJ Bronco) Just in my opinion, the Bronco has always been a 2 door and my personal preference is a 2 door.

RangerRick

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Off-Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
31 and getting a 2 door. Well, actually it will be my 32 yo wife's vehicle technically. We have no kids, three dogs, and want this as our fun vehicle until I get another Mustang or Corvette in a year or two.

Sponsored

NurseA.J

Outer Banks
First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outerbanks Sasquatch Lux 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Anything’s removable with a big enough saw. I think they can be pulled out with a special wrench. Obviously Ford doesn’t recommend it (like pulling the top on post 92 Broncos) but the ability is there.
I know myself and as cool as it would look I’ll be too scared! Lol Just driving with doors off makes me a nervous wreck but I love it. I had a 2006 4 dr wrangler. That thing was a freaking disaster but I totally miss the open air experience. It’s truly amazing 🤩

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The 2D is beautiful but I know I would immediately regret not having a 4D.
42yo
Wife and 2 daughters (12 and 9), one of which plays softball which will fill up the cargo area.
Yes.
One of ours plays and it is, minimum with each game/ out of town tournament day (typically an 1.5-3 hours away):
-Me, Wife, Daughter, other Daughter.
-Bat bag
-Cleats bag
-12X12 Pop up canopy
-Bag chairs (camping chairs in bags) X4
-Large cooler full of Gatorades, Waters, snacks
-Snack bag that does not go in the cooler
-18V Rechargeable Battery operated Kobalt fans (it can get quite hot by a ball field for 6-10 hours)
-Change of clothes for the ball player including non-cleats.
-Extra small duffel/bag full of "just in case" stuff like a blanket, extra hat
-First Aid kit
-Rocket Launcher (ok not true but why not!? Better to have and not need than need and not have)
And sometimes (often) one of her teammates does not have a ride to/from, so it's bat bags and all X2.

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Doors: 4
Reasons:

1. Cargo space
2. Larger fuel tank
3. IMO, the two door looks small and far less expensive.

I can see the appeal of a two door if this is a dedicated off road trail rig. Other than that, I see no reason for giving up the extra size.

Big Island Bronco ?♂️

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ Cherokee, 1971 Z28 R/S
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It’s pretty simple for me, having a 4-door Bronco would be like having a four-door Mustang 😆. Even though the 4-door looks good it just doesn’t sit right with me. It probably took me 10 years to get use to a 4-door JEEP Wrangler lol. But If I need a bigger vehicle and the ability to haul more people and stuff then I would just buy a Ford Tremor, but to each their own.

LEGORick

First Edition
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'm 32 with no kids and went with a 4dr. I feel like the bigger the vehicle, the more it looks like it cost. And with my first edition I'm trying to show off as much as possible.

Sponsored

Thiskers

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Selfish part is probably right. For me.
But…
I still think Guys need there own trips once in awhile, and 1 on 1 time with a kid, friend, or grand parent.
Im sure some Moms too. But mostly guys, they need a Re-Boot from the Chaos of Life. Its in our DNA.
Thats what I mean by Freedom Vs. Baggage. Also If your a minimalist.
I watch my young neighbors get ready for a camping trip, and its a full on 3 day production. But The Father does get with the next door neighbor once in awhile and they go hunting. So I admire those guys for their Life balance.
Again this is just a conversation, not a debate. Its all a distraction from the waiting game from Ford.
Thanks Rick
Yeah that's a different way to look at it. I can appreciate it.

OP
OP
71to21-2DR

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm 32 with no kids and went with a 4dr. I feel like the bigger the vehicle, the more it looks like it cost. And with my first edition I'm trying to show off as much as possible.
At least you are honest!
Lol!

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
IMO most of you have it all wrong. Broncos have TWO doors. I read a lot about your need for cargo space and the lack of towing capabilities. If you need four doors, cargo space and towing capabilities, Ford also Makes excellent Superduity trucks. Put a camper shell on it and WHAM!!!, you have four doors, lots of cargo space and all of the towing capacity you desire!
Don't mess up such a sacred legendary vehicle.
Bronco's have two doors......Bronco's have two doors. Station wagons have four doors.

Just kidding, options are nice and it will be really cool whenever I pull up next to a four door Bronco at a traffic light and I can totally see the envy,... then the total regret that he/she didn't get the two door.

Big_Ed

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
35 year old here getting a 2 door Badlands. The only factor that went into this decision is that I personally think the 2 door looks better than the 4 door. If I ever need to give more than 1 other person a ride, they can deal with the small back seat, not my concern.
Sponsored