Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I initially chose the 2 Door because I like the way it looks and because I rarely have more than one passenger. However, I have decided on a 4 Door instead, which will provide some extra capacity, if needed. I am over 60, retired.

Last edited:

jimmy234

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I often wonder what these people who keep repeating "Broncos are 2-doors" think about other non-necessary products that have evolved. Like, technically you still have the option to not buy a smart phone and opt for a traditional phone... do you go with the traditional because "real phones have cords"?

Come on, people - let's see some consistency!

Joking aside, this thread is what marketing departments over the world dream of: People so fanatical about their product that they...well...just read some of the barbs being thrown back and forth. As a human race, I wonder what this says about our own evolution lol

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
In several decades of owning cars and raising kids, I've found the following to be true:

1.) The majority of the time, you will drive yourself. Two doors work fine.

2.) When you drive just your spouse, two doors still work.

3.) ASSUMING you don't have two kids within 2-3 years of each other, you're still good with a 2 door, because:

a.) when they're small enough that they have to ride in the back, you either get them in and out (the price you pay for having a 2 door) or they reach the age where they can exit by themselves, and they're fine with operating the passenger door lever.

b.) once they hit the point of complaining about not having a door, they're probably old enough to ride in the front. Remember, your spouse is doing something else the majority of the time you're transporting one or two kids for errands, school, etc.

4.) If the whole family goes somewhere, like out to dinner, two kids can ride in the back, you and the spouse in front. Sure, they may complain a tiny bit, but mostly likely not, as they're getting a free meal out of the deal.

5.) Want to go on a week's vacation, with a lot of stops and a lot of luggage? Ahem...Hertz, Enterprise...

6.) And what about going out for a work lunch? Well, if you're not working from home...your back seats still work, and you're probably going within a 12 minute drive. You've got work to do, right? And why don't your colleagues have transportation? Not your fault someone got a DUI...they can ride in the back.

DISCLAIMER - this post is the point of view of a man with four kids, ages 27, 20, 13 and 8. Only the 13 year old and 8 year old will be in the 2 door Bronco for any extended time - the older ones have cars. So does my wife. Marry a woman who can drive.

The above has been tested with 2-door vehicles that include a Jeep Wrangler, MINI Cooper, BMW 3 coupe, and Fiat Abarth 500.

Oh yeah...try to live near your kid's school, too. Really, anything is do-able for 3 miles or less.
Some really good points here for people on the fence.

one point I'll argue against is #5. If I have to rent a car to go on a road trip I bought the wrong car. Unless this is a third car or toy lol

Last edited:

Sponsored

Graybs

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm 41 and I'm getting a 2dr Base. I've always had old cars, and four doors has always been two too many for me.

Desmomini

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ferrari 348, Porsche 914
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Some really good points here for people on the fence.

one point I'll argue against is #5. If I have to rent a car to go on a road trip I bought the wrong car. Unless this is a third car or toy lol

Depends how often you road trip and for how long. Two weeks of vacation in a Suburban is $2k. Compare that to the cost differential between a loaded Suburban and your daily driver, plus the annual difference in gas, insurance, etc.

Many people make their 52 week car buying decision based on 2 weeks of extreme usage.

GoldenKnight

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've always liked the 2 door better, but it was going to be our new family vehicle so 4 door was going to be much more practical.

However my wife couldn't want to replace the 08 Malibu she was driving, so we got her a 4 door Wrangler.

This allows me to get a 2 door instead since we don't need to rely on it as a family vehicle. So I'm actually happy she couldn't wait lol

centra28

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

39 and 4 door 4 life!

Personally I don't like the look of the 2 door at all. I respect everyone else's opinion on the matter but that is mine. I think that it looks like a little baby buggy. I would NEVER EVER purchase a 2 door EVER. I feel that you are restricting yourself on comfort and passenger/cargo space. I like to be the one that drives, and have my family and/or friends ride along with me. Also I grew up poor with only my mom who barely made ends meet. She could only ever afford the cheapest 2 door on the lot and drove it for years and years. My sister or I had to climb in and get scrunched in the back everywhere we went. I told myself I would never do that to my kids, and I haven't yet! Now I am successful and can buy want I want, and what I want is a 4 door!

:cool:

Heart2

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

39 and 4 door 4 life!

Personally I don't like the look of the 2 door at all. I respect everyone else's opinion on the matter but that is mine. I think that it looks like a little baby buggy. I would NEVER EVER purchase a 2 door EVER. I feel that you are restricting yourself on comfort and passenger/cargo space. I like to be the one that drives, and have my family and/or friends ride along with me. Also I grew up poor with only my mom who barely made ends meet. She could only ever afford the cheapest 2 door on the lot and drove it for years and years. My sister or I had to climb in and get scrunched in the back everywhere we went. I told myself I would never do that to my kids, and I haven't yet! Now I am successful and can buy want I want, and what I want is a 4 door!

:cool:
Glad for you! I like them both. I originally ordered a 2 door, but have switched to a 4 door for practical reasons. I am over 60 and retired.

Sponsored

centra28

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Glad for you! I like them both. I originally ordered a 2 door, but have switched to a 4 door for practical reasons. I am over 60 and retired.
I understand! TBH I cannot say there is a Bronco that I don't like, it's a very cool vehicle!

Tulumben

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Depends how often you road trip and for how long. Two weeks of vacation in a Suburban is $2k. Compare that to the cost differential between a loaded Suburban and your daily driver, plus the annual difference in gas, insurance, etc.

Many people make their 52 week car buying decision based on 2 weeks of extreme usage.
I think that's a great point... and something I struggle with. I tell myself that I need a big vehicle that can carry 4-5 people plus a lot of gear, but realistically, that's just 2 weeks per year where I would be doing that anyways. I constantly flip back and forth in terms of whether I want the 50 week (practical) vehicle or the 2 week vehicle.

OP
OP
71to21-2DR

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think that's a great point... and something I struggle with. I tell myself that I need a big vehicle that can carry 4-5 people plus a lot of gear, but realistically, that's just 2 weeks per year where I would be doing that anyways. I constantly flip back and forth in terms of whether I want the 50 week (practical) vehicle or the 2 week vehicle.
👍🏻

Last edited:
OP
OP
71to21-2DR

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That’s what we use our 2003 Sequoia for.
It only has a 104,000 miles on it, It pretty much is only used for trips, and drive around town every few weeks, it stays in the garage on a trickle charger.
So the 2 Door Bronco is for me, or 1 other person and probably tent camp, over night or 2. or stay in Hotels for road trips.
It all works out.

5C298542-1FD3-44C6-8AEA-39792510083C.jpeg
BDC7F9D3-FB71-4AF7-8F53-42926E69C84B.jpeg
3EBE5850-F83A-4CA1-A6D3-5A385BA47BFF.jpeg

Lewisj41

Heritage
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Getting a 2DR. Have a 5 week old, will I regret the 2DR? This won't be my daily driver but anticipate taking on trips to the beach and weekend driver.
Sponsored