Sponsored

Aggressive tire recommendations for PNW rainy season?

adampdx

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey all,

Getting back into the 4x world after my high school dreams of a 72 rebuild were crushed so.. it's been a while. I'm hoping some of you can recommend some tires that have an aggressive look still but handles rainy climate exceptionally well (currently in Oregon).

Am I better suited with the old trusty BFG A/T's as an all season and snow capable tire for the winter months? My BL is coming SAS'ed but I know the M/T's aren't going to be practical for the winter months around here. Would love to find a badass rain/snow tire but I have no idea if that's a reasonable expectation.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Between my Raptors, FJ Cruiser, and Taco I have had the best luck with with BFG KO2's or Goodyear Duratracs. I tried some Bridgestone Dueler's which were great on the road in the rain but the off road performance lacked. They also wore out very quickly.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My favorite A/T highway tire is the Bridgestone Revos. I’ve used them on multiple vehicles on everything from BC logging roads to the Autobahn.
For an 80% highway tire, they’re my first choice in an A/T.

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I tried some Bridgestone Dueler's which were great on the road in the rain but the off road performance lacked. They also wore out very quickly.
Dueler is a product line, not a specific tire. Which model?

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I’m also in the pnw and looking for decent all weather 35” tires, except I would like some snow rating as well. From what I’ve read, I think the ko2 and duratrac are solid offerings. I have also considered siping the factory 35’s for winter and getting a better summer tire. I’m also open to suggestions from those with more experience.

Sponsored
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Outback Wilderness
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Check out the Firestone Destination XT's, snow rated and very similar to the K02's. I am biased though as I work for Bridgestone/Firestone. :)

Also, as stated above, the Bridgestone Revo3's are a great highway AT tire.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They were either Revo-2's or Revo-3's. Don't recall which.
This is what my current Tacoma Revo-2s look like:
Ford Bronco Aggressive tire recommendations for PNW rainy season? 91DBFB52-12A1-4203-BED6-2874A471BC38

They are worn out, but still have a fair amount of tread and siping left. This is with more than 75K miles too.

PNWBronco

First Edition
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I’m also in the pnw and looking for decent all weather 35” tires, except I would like some snow rating as well. From what I’ve read, I think the ko2 and duratrac are solid offerings. I have also considered siping the factory 35’s for winter and getting a better summer tire. I’m also open to suggestions from those with more experience.
Have been wondering the same thing, though I'm interested to see how the MT's preform as a starting point.

BLTN

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Badlands; '95 Jeep XJ; '05 F-350; '07 Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just put a set of Nitto Ridge Grapplers on my Jeep XJ...smooth and quiet on dry pavement...should have a Colorado snow report in the coming weeks/months. No 3-Peaks snow rating on them, but other reviews have stated they do just fine without it.
Also running Duratracs on my truck, and they have done well in the snow and ice for several winters...I can give a thumb's-up on them.

Sponsored

corey07

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Running the same as @BLTN. Spend a lot of time in both PNW rain and 4 seasons of Eastern OR. Running 35 Duratracs on my 150. I REALLY like them in the heavy rain and snow. They are a good snowflake rated tire in my opinion. Nice and quite on the freeway. Wearing very comparable with my Toyo MT I ran before. DuraTracs tend to throw a bit more rock if you drive a lot on gravel might be a concern. Don't clean quite as well with mud as the Ridge Grapplers.

MNbronco

Wildtrak
First Name
RC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Tremor, 2021 Bronco sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

look into the Falkon Wildpeaks AT3w, good tire at reasonable price

OP
OP
adampdx

adampdx

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I REALLY like them in the heavy rain and snow. They are a good snowflake rated tire in my opinion. Nice and quite on the freeway.
Thanks for confirming a rain AND snow tire recco :) The Nitto's made it to my list with the BFG's although I'm reading some horror stories(?) about KO2's hydroplaning a lot..?

Last edited:

corey07

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for confirming a rain AND snow tire recco :) The Nitto's made it to my list with the BFG's although I'm reading some hour stories(?) about KO2's hydroplaning a lot..?
My brother runs the KO2 on his WJ, loves them...but he drives EXCLUSIVELY in Eastern OR. I have no personal experience with them, so cant say to the hydroplaning aspect. I am a pretty big fan of the Nittos and now the Duratracs. I have been really happy with the Duratracs on the 150. I got caught in some INSANE rain in the gorge last October and they handled it like a champ.

SkiRig

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I also live in the PNW and ran GY Duratracs on my 06 Xterra OR when I still had it. I thought it was excellent in the rain and snow. I will be changing the stock SAS tires (when I get the Bronco) to Duratracs the first winter I have with the Bronco.
Sponsored