Air compressors

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So i see the air compressor on the B/P is pretty good. However if you check the ARB website there are 2 models. A single motor that ford is bundling with the car , and a twin motor. Any off road guys have any opinion on this? is the extra motor worth double the price if mostly you will be filling up 35's?

are there cheaper (and better) alternatives in the aftermarket?

Mostly for sure they will be for filling up tires after a day at the beach

Also not really related. Do you think there is room to mount a fixed model under the hood?
Sponsored

brentutk

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eruption Green Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Is the Ford optioned air compressor an installed, mounted on board option? Or is just an accessory in a bag?

Charky

Wildtrak
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A7
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have not owned one, but Viair portable compressors are well regarded. Check out the Viair 400P.

OP
OP

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have not owned one, but Viair portable compressors are well regarded. Check out the Viair 400P.
thanks for the suggestion but ARB gets points for a hard case

Sponsored

LandCruiser

Base
First Name
Bocephias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Depends on how long you want to stand around kicking rocks while you air back up.

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

MikeLank20

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger SRT, Chevy Equinox
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am personally a fan of the dual arb and mounting it on board somewhere. But there are a bunch of videos on youtube that do time comparisons between single dual and portable ones.

However, you'll still only be as fast as the slowest one in your group.

Sponsored
OP
OP

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am personally a fan of the dual arb and mounting it on board somewhere. But there are a bunch of videos on youtube that do time comparisons between single dual and portable ones.

However, you'll still only be as fast as the slowest one in your group.

fantastic this is just what i was looking for. Seems the dual compressor with a tank will allow you to run tools. However it seems the one ford is selling also has a tank just one compressor.

Might have to get fords version!

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll be looking to get a compressor installed. I see people here suggesting compressors that are sold on Amazon. Those ARE NOT what people who go wheeling use.

ARB compressors are by far the best and most durable, so I'll install mine under the hood and connected to my battery. On that note, hope to switch that out to an Optima pretty quickly.

For those wondering about cost, an installed compressor is between $500-$900 depending on the actual compressor. It's not too hard to hook up yourself. You get a long hose basically, get a decent deflator, then keep it moving.

You never go wheeling on road level Psi in your tires. For the 35s I'll have, will try to wheel at 18psi. For rock crawling, down as low as 12psi, but would only do so with bead locks.

OP
OP

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'll be looking to get a compressor installed. I see people here suggesting compressors that are sold on Amazon. Those ARE NOT what people who go wheeling use.

ARB compressors are by far the best and most durable, so I'll install mine under the hood and connected to my battery. On that note, hope to switch that out to an Optima pretty quickly.

For those wondering about cost, an installed compressor is between $500-$900 depending on the actual compressor. It's not too hard to hook up yourself. You get a long hose basically, get a decent deflator, then keep it moving.

You never go wheeling on road level Psi in your tires. For the 35s I'll have, will try to wheel at 18psi. For rock crawling, down as low as 12psi, but would only do so with bead locks.
now might be off topic but can you explain bead locks to me. I know what they do but i dont understand the benefits to them regarding off roading

Also dual or single compressor? should i skip the ford one and get it installed in the hood?

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good luck installing it under the hood, not a lot of room and a duel motor compressor isn't exactly small. I have a baged single motor ARB w/digital chuck for my RV's 19.5" tires, and it works well, so I will just through it in the back under the seat.
Sponsored