First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
You're gonna get one, maybe two 35" tires re-inflated with a battery-powered pump.

I have an alternate-branded version of that tiny Chinese Harbor Freight/Pittsburg pump that I use for bicycle tires and soccer balls. I used it on 30" tires and that thing gets HOOOOOT. Burned my hand on it.
That depends on the battery certainly. In that video, he got one tire filled from a flat. also, most of those battery chargers include a 12v charger in a compartment.
Sponsored

BulldogBear

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2000 Mercedes-Benz G500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That depends on the battery certainly. In that video, he got one tire filled from a flat. also, most of those battery chargers include a 12v charger in a compartment.
Any of those pumps would be fine for a single car tire in an emergency, but not for regular use for four large SUV/Truck tires, and only half of those in the video had a 12V adapter.

Most of the video was inflating what I'd guess to be a ~25" car tire. There is a massive difference in volume between at 25" and a 35" tire. Also, all of those battery pumps (except the Dewalt) have a limited duty cycle (ex: 10 mins on, 10 mins off). Every one of those (except Dewalt) would hit their duty limit on a single 35" tire at least once. Being extremely generous, say you can fill one 35" tire in 10 minutes with one of those pumps. That's at least 20 minutes for one tire (10 minute inflate, wait 10 minutes for pump to cool down, then start on the next tire). That's almost an hour and a half to fill up four 35" tires, assuming those pumps survived and you had an unlimited supply of batteries.

You can get far better 12V pumps. All of the pumps linked in the replies are better than any of those in the video. As I mentioned, the Napa pump I have fills all four tires simultaneously from 13psi to 45 psi in 4 to 5 minutes. My single cylinder ARB averages out to about 20 minutes to fill all four tires (I haven't tried hooking up my ARB to my 4-tire inflator yet to get a direct comparison - but now my curiousity has me thinking about it).

VVSidewinderVv

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With the tires you've got, you're not going to notice too much of a difference between 45 psi on the road and 29psi on the trail. Bumps will still bump, you're going downhill where gravity is your friend, and there's no serious obstacle where you need any amount of extra of traction.

Make sure you try out the One Pedal Driving on your descent - it's pretty awesome.

If you're going to run Broken Arrow as well (which I'd highly recommend), I'd suggest at least low 20s for a bit more traction/comfort. Since it's a short jaunt through town to get to Broken Arrow, you don't need to air up - besides, I'd recommend dropping the top and go the speed limit (or slower) as you go through town taking in the red rocks.

The thing that causes a tire to unseat a bead is excessive wheel spin w/VERY low tire pressures - you'd have to drive like Mario Andretti on fentanyl to unseat a bead at 20psi.

If you can find the NAPA MaxiTrack in stock, I'd recommend returning your single pump (which looks like it's made by the same mfg with a few different parts) and get the dual pump. NAPA sells it for $128, and it's twice as fast:
https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/BK_MTWM10215C

Yes, please post pics and your impressions!
I'll second the Maxi-trac from NAPA. If you can find one it is by far the best in its price range. Got mine for $90. The thing is crazy fast. Just testing it out I tried it on my trucks 33" tires from 30 to 35 psi. Over shot the the mark in 30 seconds and had to drop it a few psi.

I'm looking to integrate it into a 4 hose system with a digital pressure management.

BulldogBear

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll second the Maxi-trac from NAPA. If you can find one it is by far the best in its price range. Got mine for $90. The thing is crazy fast. Just testing it out I tried it on my trucks 33" tires from 30 to 35 psi. Over shot the the mark in 30 seconds and had to drop it a few psi.

I'm looking to integrate it into a 4 hose system with a digital pressure management.
Just make sure it actually has something to move air into and over-pressurizing the pump. I followed one of the many YouTube tutorials for adding a pressure-sensative cut-off switch.

I made my own 4-tire inflator/deflator system based off of many of the same youtubez. Works great.

And yes, the Maxi-trac is insanely fast. If it only lasts a few years, I won't be too disappointed due to the price point.

VVSidewinderVv

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just make sure it actually has something to move air into and over-pressurizing the pump. I followed one of the many YouTube tutorials for adding a pressure-sensative cut-off switch.

I made my own 4-tire inflator/deflator system based off of many of the same youtubez. Works great.

And yes, the Maxi-trac is insanely fast. If it only lasts a few years, I won't be too disappointed due to the price point.
Yeah I was planning some sort of bleeder/PRV into it. Have a lot of other stuff on my plate that's taking priority. Plus I'm still waiting on my Bronco... built but not shipped convoy club here so not really rushing it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mike777

Mike777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, GMC Terrain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Any advice other than that one. I tried to purchase on NAPA site but all sold out. Iā€™m thinking of purchasing ALL-TOP Air Compressor Kit, 12V Portable Inflator 6.35CFM, on Amazon. Going for about 159. Not sure how it will holdup though. The reviews online looked promising.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08637KCWQ/ref=cm_sw_r_em_api_i_MPB06Q366GXK0SS9VG3Y?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

BulldogBear

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any advice other than that one. I tried to purchase on NAPA site but all sold out. Iā€™m thinking of purchasing ALL-TOP Air Compressor Kit, 12V Portable Inflator 6.35CFM, on Amazon. Going for about 159. Not sure how it will holdup though. The reviews online looked promising.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08637KCWQ/ref=cm_sw_r_em_api_i_MPB06Q366GXK0SS9VG3Y?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
That's the one Mr. Plow will be using - hopefully he'll let us know how it performs after his trail run.

Looks like it has good capacity and it's a decent price.

Bender

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I like the product description that says ā€œNo more worry about Air Compressor and Working Temperature. From -67ā„‰ to 221ā„‰, the Air Compressor will behave just like what it advised.ā€

No more worry!

VVSidewinderVv

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sorry. Not really. I got mine a while ago. Not sure if they just decided it wasn't worth it to make or they just can't get them in. Also, it should be noted that the NAPA Maxi-trac doesn't have a warranty. Probably a big reason for it's price. That Amazon one at least gets 2 years. And it seems to perform as advertised per the reviews. It did say the cables were short but at the price point I'd just modify it as you want.

chill57

Outer Banks
First Name
Clesson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

There are some great camping spots up in the pines the first couple miles before you start your descent.

Schnebly Hill Rd is closed in the winter - usually opens in April/May.

Try to avoid the weekends, especially for Broken Arrow. Mornings are less busy on the arrow as well.
Thanks for sharing a ton of info. I'm a rookie and hoping you won't mind sharing some additional info. I have the OB non SAS, in your opinion what can't I do that SAS can. How low can I take my tires on the standard OB wheels without much risk as I gain some experience.

What trails would you recommend that a novice would enjoy and gain some valuable experience? I've taken it down Camp Creek a couple times with out-of-towners which was fun but I know this was little kid stuff.

Appreciate anything you can share.

Sponsored

Mr. Plow

Black Diamond
First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Expedition, 09' FEH, 68' Mercury Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Guys, I'm glad to report that I can check off Schnebly Hill Road from my list. I will definitely be going back.

The trail was open all the way through so I decided to take it from the 17 down into Sedona. I got on the trail at 8:30ish, but I stopped as soon as I got on it to air down. So I technically started around 8:45am. After reading all of the different comments and opinions I decided to air down to 28psi.

First 1/4 of the trail is not too bumpy, but after that it is definitely rocky. Bumpy is not an understatement. We finished the trail at around 11:50am. I'm sure people can do it in less time, but I had my daughters and wife in the Bronco as well, so we stopped lots of times for pictures. Pink Jeeps and other drivers go pretty fast over the rocks, faster than I thought, I wasn't willing to risk it so I took my time. However, as I went along the trail I got more and more comfortable with my Bronco and gained confidence that picking up the pace I wouldn't really cause harm to it.

Everyone on the road was super friendly. The Pink Jeep guys and a few others would stop to ask how I liked the Bronco. I didnt see any other Broncos on the trail.

I'll definitely be going back and once I build up my skills and confidence maybe I can hit Schnebly Hill Road and Broken Arrow in one day.

Now to review some the items I bought to air down and air up. The All Top compressor worked great. I had read reviews that the power cord was pretty short compared to others, but I didn't find it to be an issue. The air hose is more than long enough. It didn't take long to air up, but remember, I went up from 28psi to 40psi. I'm sure it would have taken longer if I was around 20psi. Interesting thing I noticed was that the compressor itself was not really hot, but the hose was pretty damn hot when I was done. Especially closer to the compressor. Glad I had gloves to disconnect it. Maybe I did something wrong, but I thought that was something to note.

As for airing down, I have the Boulder Tools Tire Deflator Kit. I was pretty sure I set them to air down to 28psi, but when they stopped the tires were actually at 32psi. It wasn't a big deal to take care of the additional 4psi manually, but I was a little disappointed. I'll keep practicing because chances are the tools work, I'm just new and I might not be doing it correctly. Time will tell. Sorry for the long post, but I hope it helps someone who is in the same shoes I was a couple of days ago. I'll post pics right after, this was already long enough.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Love those pictures, such a beautiful place. I signed paperwork to sell our house in Flagstaff yesterday, so we wonā€™t be moving back šŸ™

Mr. Plow

Black Diamond
First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Expedition, 09' FEH, 68' Mercury Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Love those pictures, such a beautiful place. I signed paperwork to sell our house in Flagstaff yesterday, so we wonā€™t be moving back šŸ™
I really is. Oh man....I would love to have a house in Flagstaff one day. Staying in AZ?

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I really is. Oh man....I would love to have a house in Flagstaff one day. Staying in AZ?
Moved to Cape Cod 18 months ago for a new career. Itā€™s a nice place with an ocean, but I do miss the mountains. Also I miss living somewhere where things donā€™t rust and people didnā€™t hate guns. My old job required 45+ weeks per year of travel, my new job has me home every night, so itā€™s a different quality of life for my wife and I. There are still cool things to do here.

CB33CD57-1476-493B-B425-DA1BD17CA6BA.jpeg

D5B346BD-2A0A-4A9B-9E51-3D01DC102B26.jpeg
Sponsored