First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have the K&N and really like it. Sounds great, more turbo spool and blow off. Some seemed to have gotten a defective part with theirs but got it replaced. I must of lucked out since I didn’t have the defective part

NewBroncoOwner

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The K&N drop in will work just as well as the "CAI". The new cars intake systems are no worse than the aftermarket $400+ ones. The air filter is the only difference factor. I have the K&N and have seen a 2 mpg bump and you can hear the turbo spool a little better. Don't spend $400+ on an intake these days. the stock intake box / tube works just the same.

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My ten cents. These parts, like cold air intakes, extra lights, $100 color matched shackles are all sucker bait. Very, very few people will pull maximum HP from their engine what ever it may be.
Most engines today create more power that 99% of people will use unless you intend on flogging your vehicle every day. Avoid the trends just because it seems cool. Millions of dollars are thrown away on up grades. Not saying they don't help but honestly very few will ever reach that threshhold. Focus your funds on what targets you really intend to hit. If it's to be the cool guy,... go ahead. The $100 color matching shackles are a prime example. It's your money, your ride - you do you. Enjoy ;)
The voice of experience tells me to focus resources on exactly what I need and........are you seriously running your vehicle to the upper limits of a dyno run graph that shows you can make 10 additional HP?? I know people will jump on me in disagreement but THEY know they'll never abuse their baby either. Impress yourself not other people with trendy gadgets.

OP
OP
SROC3

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The K&N drop in will work just as well as the "CAI". The new cars intake systems are no worse than the aftermarket $400+ ones. The air filter is the only difference factor. I have the K&N and have seen a 2 mpg bump and you can hear the turbo spool a little better. Don't spend $400+ on an intake these days. the stock intake box / tube works just the same.
Do you by any chance have the link to the exact K&N Filter you got? I've read that some are loosey-goosey, not for 2.7 but for 2.3.....etc.....Just wanna make sure I get the right one :) I'm glad you ALL are in unison about the $400+ intakes.....It's not a car that I'm revving to max rpm or even close. I just want it to breathe a little better and I think that $70 to $80 is worth the filter upgrade.

Sponsored

SZairborne

Big Bend
First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge charger GT AWD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have put K+N cold air intakes on all my vehicles, F150, charger, Jeep, and now my Bronco. I use it for the gas mileage increase. It usually averages between 2 to 5 mpg depending on which vehicles its has been on.

dan79

Big Bend
First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 f250
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I did the k&n filter too cuz I didn't want to spend the 400. I did the full intake in my truck and loved but the bronco one did seem different than stock intake so I did just the filter and very happy with it.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I used to be a firm believer of the performance drop in filters. I know for a fact they have the ability to flow more (tested even myself).

IMO replacing the actual intake does no good and actually can hurt your low end torque. An engine can only suck in so much air, period. Having an air intake capable of flowing more air than the engine is asking for is a waste.

The last vehicle I replaced the entire intake on was supercharged and at high RPM under full throttle/load, a streamlined intake helped (or if you modified the engine to the point where it seriously needs more CFM).. but I lost that instant, just off idle torque.

Now with all that said..I mentioned I used to! My last vehicle that had a performance drop in, blackstone started showing higher silicone content (sucking in dirt). In addition my engine started burning a bit of oil at 50k.

And that was a street car. No way I'm putting in anything with less filtration on a vehicle that goes off road.

And yeah....off road racers use performance air filters.... But then they don't get over 100K miles on their engines either :unsure:

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Sponsored

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ATLBronco75

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just grabbed the K&N Filter only. It's an easy drop in and doesn't sound much different.

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hey there!

This is an age old question and really can only be answered by your specific wants. We installed the Roush system on our First Edition and enjoyed the sound addition and, well, we think some power gains. As always, Roush has spot on fitment and service, too.

We offer them here at Lethal and would be happy to help with one OR the K&N drop in.. Can't really go wrong.
Click me for the Roush intake!

OP
OP
SROC3

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hey there!

This is an age old question and really can only be answered by your specific wants. We installed the Roush system on our First Edition and enjoyed the sound addition and, well, we think some power gains. As always, Roush has spot on fitment and service, too.

We offer them here at Lethal and would be happy to help with one OR the K&N drop in.. Can't really go wrong.
Click me for the Roush intake!
Appreciate the response guys! :) but you know on Amazon it's $344......Just Sayin' ;)
Sponsored