First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150,mustang gt conv, e250
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Working on off road equipment of which 99% is turbocharged I'm quite aware with the problem of dust impingement on an engine in industrial and construction settings we use a cyclonic pre cleaner 2 remove as much of the fine particles as possible but the vast majority of the dozens of engines I've rebuilt over the years that died of dust contamination all did it with holes in the inlet lines or rubber elbows rather than filter failures so as long as you maintain your filter you shouldn't have a problem. And if you're still choking on Dust set you up a cyclonic pre cleaner on a snorkel
Sponsored

MSparks909

Badlands
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And if you're still choking on Dust set you up a cyclonic pre cleaner on a snorkel
This is the way. I’m sure AEV will have a pre-filter to go with the eventual Bronco snorkel. Cheap and easy way to add extra insurance is add a pre-filter over the stock air filter. Always keep a spare filter onboard if in extremely dusty conditions.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OEM for me since the factory has made the intakes both better and “tuned” to the rest of the powertrain. I would look at something that pre filters that’s relatively easy to clean and reuse if it came to market. It can get pretty dusty in MI in the summer. I use Uni filters and oil on my dirt bikes, but no sensors on my “old” iron.

Wizard1183

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Sierra/ 2010 Camaro 2SS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same air filter for road as off-road. Just change it more often.

Wizard1183

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Sierra/ 2010 Camaro 2SS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same air filter for road as off-road. Just change it more often.

Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Vegas desert dude is whom I am trusting in this thread (I would like to see that design for the military, though), but just because I can't shut up... here's an anecdotal appendix of a post:

This may be outdated, as the last engine I used it on was carbureted, but I used foam wrap around the air filter for off-road use.

Ford Bronco Air filters...for Off Road AUTO-FOAM-WRAPS

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150,mustang gt conv, e250
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yes oiled foam was the way to go for two stroke engines and motorcycles for years however oiled foam does plug up rather quickly in fine dust situations not as important on a motorcycle where you're not trying to push as much air into feed multiple cylinders so the duration the filtering capacity of the oiled foam was never going to have to be more than an hour or two whereas most of the automotive applications you would expect them to last for a much much longer time and that is where a cyclonic air filter or pre cleaner comes in it used to be quite common in some off-road Racers 2 that they ran oiled foam because of short duration it is very efficient for short term use which makes it impractical for automotive daily driver cut usages unless you're willing to do the maintenance required

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

All I had to do, was read this article and watch the video to the END to realize what bullshit is being peddled to daily drivers .... bottom line, using performance air filters gives you a gain that's measured in fractions of a seconds at very high and close to max RPM! Do you always drive with butterfly valve all the way open? do you live on a race track? further, the more air the more fuel = lower MPG

https://haynes.com/en-us/tips-tutorials/what-is-car-throttle-body-and-what-does-it-do

Having said that, listening to the voice of experience, from @Vegas desert dude is priceless!
Sponsored