Not open for further replies.

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So I’ll start with I’m not the brightest and I have also bought an air horn for fun with the kids ( they are 8 and 10 and they, with their fiends, love to give the honk signal to cars so I thought I would surprise/maybe scare them! Worth 60 bucks and 15 mins in my opinion)…. However, I don’t know how to wire with the aux switches, maybe… I would like to wire to an unused aux switch until it is needed for lights. I already have 3 lights that I have wired up so I kinda get it, but I want to check with folks that are smarter than I… Attached is the the instruction. And some pics… I am thinking I should follow the b-1 positive control as I am not replacing the existing horn as I plan to leave that in tact for normal us and only use the air horn for fun/when I am really mad😂🤪.

so here are my questions…please confirm.
  1. I have a black wire that is not noted on the wiring instructions, which is weird. why not note that… but black directly to neg battery term.
  2. Got yellow figured out
  3. White to one of the many ground screws points?
  4. Blue to an aux switch pre ran wire?
  5. Red to battery term
Also, I just noticed two extra wires (next to my index finger) beside the 6 pre run aux switch (or at least that is what I believe) what are those for?

Last question, if I want to do more than one horn can I just wire all this to the same aux switch? Any overload issue?

Thanks for any help!
Ford Bronco Air horn wiring help needed C26695F3-6824-4657-B14A-5A3A3D259C8F
Ford Bronco Air horn wiring help needed 487C9E2C-B0AD-4B0E-A933-372284A3E43C
Sponsored

iamcris

Badlands
First Name
Cristian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Utilize the [email protected] resource. I am not a professional air horn installer that doesn't utilize air as an actuator. Or roll the dice and attach the blue wire to the corresponding aux switch you wish to utilize. Whatever you do use copious amounts of electric tape so that once moisture gets in it can't get out. /endprotips

Bronc5280

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
H
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shevrolegs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Blasting air horns at sticks in the mud is one of life's great pleasures.

Enjoy the memories with those boys, they are going to love this and you are a great dad!

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wire it all except the blue and then tap the blue on the battery positive terminal. If that works, then wire that blue to an aux switch.

Sponsored

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All set, thank you! It was great seeing the smile on my boy’s face!! Even better when he said glowingly “it’s like the horn on grampa’s old fashion car”. It is too bad there are such dicks on this world that want to give people a hard time about something that is not there business at all. Thanks to those that offered help!
Mind if I ask what horn and honestly how loud it is?

OP
OP

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Mind if I ask what horn and honestly how loud it is?
It turned out great, kids love it. It is aggressive though… I don’t really anticipate using it for other cars…
Didn’t measure the decibels but it is LOUD. It says 150 decibels which is what most are rated at. It is longer than most I found at this price point which gives a deeper sound. I bought shorter duel that sounds more like a train but I am not even going to hook those up. Happy with the longer/deeper single horn. Also, it is metal so better quality there too.
Ford Bronco Air horn wiring help needed C489D442-7FA3-4687-9B91-E77E4F28DE45

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So I’ll start with I’m not the brightest and I have also bought an air horn for fun with the kids ( they are 8 and 10 and they, with their fiends, love to give the honk signal to cars so I thought I would surprise/maybe scare them! Worth 60 bucks and 15 mins in my opinion)…. However, I don’t know how to wire with the aux switches, maybe… I would like to wire to an unused aux switch until it is needed for lights. I already have 3 lights that I have wired up so I kinda get it, but I want to check with folks that are smarter than I… Attached is the the instruction. And some pics… I am thinking I should follow the b-1 positive control as I am not replacing the existing horn as I plan to leave that in tact for normal us and only use the air horn for fun/when I am really mad😂🤪.

so here are my questions…please confirm.
  1. I have a black wire that is not noted on the wiring instructions, which is weird. why not note that… but black directly to neg battery term.
  2. Got yellow figured out
  3. White to one of the many ground screws points?
  4. Blue to an aux switch pre ran wire?
  5. Red to battery term
Also, I just noticed two extra wires (next to my index finger) beside the 6 pre run aux switch (or at least that is what I believe) what are those for?

Last question, if I want to do more than one horn can I just wire all this to the same aux switch? Any overload issue?

Thanks for any help!
Your pic is of the uplifter switch wires. Pic the right color to amps needed. Connect your ground and blow all the people and wildlife you like...

Carbon Bronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 U15 Bronco New Lime 302ci
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It turned out great, kids love it. It is aggressive though… I don’t really anticipate using it for other cars…
Didn’t measure the decibels but it is LOUD. It says 150 decibels which is what most are rated at. It is longer than most I found at this price point which gives a deeper sound. I bought shorter duel that sounds more like a train but I am not even going to hook those up. Happy with the longer/deeper single horn. Also, it is metal so better quality there too.
I hope squatch parade can hear the sound of freedom and personal choice all the way in Montreal. Your're a great dad! We had a PA in my dad's bronco as kids that was awesome memories for sure.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.