First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So my Rig show's up at the dealer and I go to look at it. The dealer said there is a stop order on it for an airbag recall and I have to wait till it is replaced. I asked when it would be and said Ford told him they would send him the info by the end of the ear. Keep in mind my Bronco has been built since July and is a dirt Mountain Bronco. Without going int0 how I feel, I would like to ask if anyone on here has gotten their airbag recall completed yet? And yes I did do a search
Ford Bronco Airbag Recall Bronco's at dealers ??? 253104213_10222798038754250_6637178634098153706_n
Sponsored

brittany3400

Outer Banks
First Name
brittany
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is this the same issue as the air bag warning light for the airbag? (see below for what showed up on my Ford app). If so, I got mine fixed after waiting 1.5 weeks for parts.

Ford Bronco Airbag Recall Bronco's at dealers ??? warning light

OP
OP
Yodi

Yodi

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Is this the same issue as the air bag warning light for the airbag? (see below for what showed up on my Ford app). If so, I got mine fixed after waiting 1.5 weeks for parts.

Ford Bronco Airbag Recall Bronco's at dealers ??? warning light
Don't think so

gjacobsn

First Edition
First Name
Garth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GLS 63 AMG
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Mines the same thing. Got to the dealer a week ago. Won't sell it to me. They are saying waiting for info from Ford. This is total BS.

Tried to get them to order a new airbag and I would pay for it. They said not possible, they had to wait for Ford.

OP
OP
Yodi

Yodi

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Mines the same thing. Got to the dealer a week ago. Won't sell it to me. They are saying waiting for info from Ford. This is total BS.

Tried to get them to order a new airbag and I would pay for it. They said not possible, they had to wait for Ford.
I know the parts guy well at my dealership and he told me it is not going to happen no time soon. I am calling ford every day and they keep telling me it's not even a real recall yet!

Sponsored

brittany3400

Outer Banks
First Name
brittany
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

That is so odd. It was like a 30 minute fix and the part came in within a normal amount of time. Can you go to someone "above" this person? I hate to be that person to escalate at a business, but after your Bronco sitting on dirt mountain I would raise hell. Sounds like they just dont want to perform the work?

OP
OP
Yodi

Yodi

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That is so odd. It was like a 30 minute fix and the part came in within a normal amount of time. Can you go to someone "above" this person? I hate to be that person to escalate at a business, but after your Bronco sitting on dirt mountain I would raise hell. Sounds like they just dont want to perform the work?
I have gone to ford service and they say they will have a plan by end of year

gjacobsn

First Edition
First Name
Garth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GLS 63 AMG
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Can anyone that knows tell me why we can't just have the service department at the dealer put in a new airbag???

OP
OP
Yodi

Yodi

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Can anyone that knows tell me why we can't just have the service department at the dealer put in a new airbag???
They told me they can't get one

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OB 2-Door V6 Sasquatch AMB High Pack
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@Yodi

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/more-on-bronco-airbag-recall-–-affects-553-vehicles.24956/

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/...ed-for-airbags-that-may-not-deploy-correctly/

October 11, 2021

The 2021 Ford Bronco is subject to a new recall, though it's a rather small number of SUVs the Blue Oval needs to see back. According to documents the automaker filed with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration earlier this month, a group of Broncos may house faulty passenger-side airbags.

This group of 553 may include airbags that don't deploy properly. Specifically, the passenger-side airbags may "open prematurely and result in improper deployment," NHTSA said. With the issue, these Broncos fail to comply with Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards.

Fortunately, the issue is a quick fix. Owners will need to bring their Bronco back to a dealer, where a technician will install a new passenger-side airbag at no cost. Look for mailed notices on the recall to start landing in mailboxes starting Nov. 15.

Sponsored

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

man, that sucks - but not trying to be funny, but stick with it - that is a beautiful build you have. I think the Black Diamond optional wheels look great.

ghbronco71

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine is in transit via rail and I have the airbag recall. My dealer says that unfortunately they can't release it to me until the airbag issue is fixed. Man, I just got excited about my Bronco being on the way (8/6 blend) but now I have to wait who knows how long before I get it in my hands. All I can do is view it at the dealership when it arrives.

This really bites. :mad::(

And obviously, I don't want a faulty vehicle so I'm glad they're fixing it. It just seems like they could ship a properly folded airbag to a dealership for them to install and voila! Problem solved. It does not sound like it's that simple for some god forsaken reason.

OP
OP
Yodi

Yodi

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Mine is in transit via rail and I have the airbag recall. My dealer says that unfortunately they can't release it to me until the airbag issue is fixed. Man, I just got excited about my Bronco being on the way (8/6 blend) but now I have to wait who knows how long before I get it in my hands. All I can do is view it at the dealership when it arrives.

This really bites. :mad::(

And obviously, I don't want a faulty vehicle so I'm glad they're fixing it. It just seems like they could ship a properly folded airbag to a dealership for them to install and voila! Problem solved. It does not sound like it's that simple for some god forsaken reason.
Ford told me it would be after the first of the year and I was not happy with that they would refund my deposit and pick up my Bronco. Customer service right there!

gjacobsn

First Edition
First Name
Garth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GLS 63 AMG
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ford told me it would be after the first of the year and I was not happy with that they would refund my deposit and pick up my Bronco. Customer service right there!
Anyone have any movement on the airbag issue?

OP
OP
Yodi

Yodi

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model