jaeggernaut

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M Coupe // Volvo P1800S // Caterham CSR 200
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Let's start a thread with any new info regarding the airbag recall so it's all in one place.

My bronco landed yesterday and awaiting the new airbag. My dealer has zero info regarding when. But I'll post back as soon as I hear info.

2 steps forward, 1 step back. 🤷‍♂️

F4ABB24C-4416-4711-B6BF-64148437A934.jpeg
Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Following. I have the recall and assumed it was the reason I was passed over for so many later blends, but apparently not.

OP
OP
jaeggernaut

jaeggernaut

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP
jaeggernaut

jaeggernaut

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
found this link with some details about this specific recall: https://ford.oemdtc.com/7377/2021-f...all-21c23-front-passenger-air-bag-replacement

if anyone has additional/new news and you lose this thread.. just do a search for 'airbag thread' when you want to post. 💪

Apparently our dealers should get info around Monday and then an email to owners should come shortly after. I'll talk to my dealer Mon eve and report back.

Last edited:

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure why. Works for me when I click it.
Try this Recall info

Apparently our dealers should get info around Monday and then an email to owners should come shortly after. I'll talk to my dealer Mon eve and report back.
Still nope.

Screenshot_20211111-162341.png

OP
OP
jaeggernaut

jaeggernaut

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i did a google search for "ford recall campaign 21C23" and it was the first result (ford.oemdtc.com...). and it was the last article on that page for the ford bronco. clicking that takes you to the page i've linked to above.

GM1524

Base
First Name
Gev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m having the same issue. Bronco arrived at the dealer October 21 or so and while I was at dealer to pick it up was told they can’t release the car due to the airbag recall. I called Ford a couple of days ago and was told they are targeting the airbag recall to be resolved in Q4. Evidently there was an employee at Joyson who was folding the airbags incorrectly. At least, this is what the below article claims:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.motor1.com/news/539257/ford-bronco-airbag-problem-recall/amp/

OP
OP
jaeggernaut

jaeggernaut

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Apparently there could be 553 of us affected.

Texas_Dave

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So as some of you may or may not know, i want to apologize for the length of this, but just wanted to share all the info I have up to this point. I am of course one of the airbag folks as well and have been complaining elsewhere, specifically in the Dirt Mountain thread because I was blended 8/4 and sent there for the top issue, only to escape and be sent to airbag prison while my Bronco sits at the dealer waiting for the repair since the first of October. So here’s what I’ve learned so far:

First, the dealers have no clue about what is happening either because fox isn’t communicating with them either. My dealer is top notch and I’ve personally spoken with several folks there, including managers. My salesman, the sales manager, the service manager, & GM are all working it, and have reached out to the regional rep who claims to have no info either. They feel horrible about it all and the way @Ford Motor Company has handled this whole thing. I texted my salesman again today to see if any new info had popped since word was supposedly going out as of 11/15 according to various sources, though my dealer has only gotten vague timelines of Q4. He said the GM had reached out to Ford today and was awaiting a call back, but I never heard back so I’m guessing they continue to wait as well.

I have also made numerous calls to Ford CS, all of which have been completely useless wastes of time. The general answer each and every one gives is to contact the dealer because somehow they’re supposed to be the ones with the most info. The moment I call them out on this and explain I have been in contact and they don’t know anything because Ford isn’t talking to them either, I get transferred or hung up on. I’ve been more than patient through this whole process, as have we all, but patience is gone. I dealt with the MIC issue because all MIC tops were in the same boat, but the airbag is another issue completely. There’s zero excuse to claim not to have the part available while rolling out hundreds upon hundreds of new builds after ours and who are taking delivery before our can even leave the dealer.

After seeing people report success from tweeting @mrlevine, I even created a Twitter account myself (I hate social media) in hopes I could get an answer from the man himself. I admit that I’ve been a pest and trolled numerous posts of his, never using vulgar language or personal insults towards him, but certainly taking a sarcastic, smart-ass tone at times by replying to each Bronco tweet of his by asking when we can expect our Broncos to be repaired. I am pleased to say that I’ve received 2 separate replies from him directly, which is by far the most personal communication I’ve received from @Ford Motor Company. It’s just crazy that it took tweeting a high level executive in hopes of getting anywhere.

The first response I received was a generic “we’re building/shipping as fast as we can, please be patient”, to which I told him it was built and shipped but I couldn’t take it home because of the airbag. I never heard back and dropped it from there. As more tweets popped up on his feed about people taking delivery of their units, again, ones built long after ours were blended and which managed to receive functioning airbags, I took to replying to each and every related tweet. Eventually I received another reply this morning saying he was “paging @Ford Motor Company customer experience to find out what’s up. I replied that i had spoken with them numerous times already and wasn’t holding my breath, but figured if anyone can shake some info loose it’s @mrlevine. No word back as of yet, but maybe, just maybe we’ll find something out finally. Of course When/if I find out absolutely anything on this issue I will promptly share with y’all. Let’s hope this gets cleared up soon because we’re now seeing ‘22 models being scheduled and they may get theirs before we get ours, which is absolutely unacceptable on every level.

Sponsored

lsirois

First Edition
First Name
Luc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150 Supercrew Lariat
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My FE Bronco got delivered today only to find out that I cannot purchase it due to the airbag recall. Dealer has been great but as indicated previously in this thread, they don’t have any specifics. This is ridiculous!

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Maybe dealers should be taking them out of their floor models they cant sell for six months, and giving them to existing customers.

Farrell22

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just delivered today with airbag recall, already know what the outcome will be so I’m preparing myself for a public freak out in front of everyone at the dealer. Just hope the cops don’t show up.

OP
OP
jaeggernaut

jaeggernaut

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I called my dealer as well. Nothing. Planning on calling Ford CS tomorrow. I'll update here.

I'll tweet Levine too and see if that expedites anything.
Sponsored