Sponsored

Airing up (after airing down for camping and offroading)?

phillyfx4

Outer Banks
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F 150 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
what do you campers do if you have to air down while camping and 4X4ing ?

I surf fish, have E rated AT tires and go from 60psi down to 17/18 psi for the sand .

HATE the line at the air hoses sometimes to air back up as my tires take a while to get back to 60psi .

you guys travel with compressors and if so which ones ?

thanks ?
Sponsored

elfshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Liberty
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I used to use a plug-in air compressor to the cigarette lighter to air back up after off-roading back in the day with my Jeep. Get done with the trail, stop, air-up and head home.

Some people have onboard air as well (yet to be seen where that's going to fit on the Bronco, but I'm sure someone will come up with something).

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a Viair compressor that I throw in whatever vehicle I'm in, but on board air is a great option as well.

And uh, 60psi? What the heck are you taking to the beach? Unless you are running at max weight for your tires, you shouldn't be anywhere near 60psi for normal use.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've had my share of plug-in compressor failures and will be getting on board air this time even if it takes up the entire area behind the seats.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've had my share of plug-in compressor failures and will be getting on board air this time even if it takes up the entire area behind the seats.

I've had good luck with Viair. They are definitely better than the average portable compressor. A bit expensive I think for what they are, but so far I have not regretted spending the money. They do require clamping onto the battery though as they use more power than the typical plug-in type.

Sponsored

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
$70 Viair 88P Connects to the battery terminals. Been filling up my 35” for years. Easy to fill my tires. Haven’t tried to fill another set of tires after I filled mine. air compressors will shut off after hard use. Mine has never shut off.

WheelMe

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I use an ARB compressor. The wiring harness is installed in the engine compartment, and I plug the compressor into it when it's time to air back up. I have the smaller ARB CKMA12, which takes close to 2 minutes to air up a 32" A/T tire to 30 psi, the recommended pressure for my '19 Ranger. To go quicker, spend more money and buy the CKMA24.

RonM0710

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Edge; Suz. XL7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I purchased a Slime air-pump that I carried on my Harley for road trips. Plugged one tire which paid for itnd plug kit.

SamR

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base

Sponsored

FrogGrabber

Black Diamond
First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: 2012 Wrangler, 2015 JKUR, ‘70 Jeepster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have had an ARB OBA setup in a Jeep. I’ve also had an amazon compressor that worked well. It’s all about the cfm of the compressor.

Mr.Pike17

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 sante fe awd
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

SamR

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Almost $900 american dollars not including shipping. That's like 25 beaver pelts and 12 barrels of maple syrup up this way. must be good for that trade. :cool:
$900 USD? It's $350 right now on amazon in my link and I paid just under $300 when it was on sale. A portable equivilant to onboard air isn't cheap!

Mr.Pike17

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 sante fe awd
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
i clicked on your link and its the us amazon, is there more than one "case" option? cause the last one i picked was the price i stated. Edit i clicked on twin motor high performance. my bad

Itchysquatch

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 4runner, 2014 E class
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
$70 Viair 88P Connects to the battery terminals. Been filling up my 35” for years. Easy to fill my tires. Haven’t tried to fill another set of tires after I filled mine. air compressors will shut off after hard use. Mine has never shut off.

I have 2x of the 88p, great little compressor. I basically attach both to the bat terminals, and fill up 2x tires at a time. With 33’s it takes me maybe 3 mins per tire... with changing to the other two tires total fill up time is 8 mins tops to air up.
Sponsored