Sponsored

Airing up (after airing down for camping and offroading)?

SamR

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
i clicked on your link and its the us amazon, is there more than one "case" option? cause the last one i picked was the price i stated. Edit i clicked on twin motor high performance. my bad
That's weird that it even gives you an option. Here's what I see immediately after clicking the link. But yeah the twin compressor one is REAL expensive, I forgot about that even existing.

Screenshot_20200916-195116.png
Sponsored

SamR

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
One more thing I'd like to add. I feel like the ARB is overkill unless you do a TON of offroading. Otherwise I would go with a viair or similar. I love the ARB but it is indeed a ton of coin to Mr. Pike's comments (although the cheaper model is only 4 beaver pelts :ROFLMAO:). My initial post was more geared towards those wanting ultimate longevity in a portable format.

The Bronze

First Edition
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1967 Ford Bronco, 1993 Turbo Notchback, 2006 Sierra K1500, 2013 Sierra K1500, 2014 Sienna Mini-Van
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I run the Vair 450P. Since I have 2 rigs I wheel with, it makes more sense to have a portable unit, plus I take it in the motorhome or on road trips in the daily driver. Takes just a few minutes to fill my 33s from 8 to 28psi...

I also wonder why the 60psi tire pressure. Even on my diesel pickup, the fronts were around 50-55 and the rears around 35-40 for best wear and ride comfort.

TOTALBRO

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've also been using a Viair 88P for years. The thing is a fantastic little workhorse. After one trip, the thing filled up all four tires on five Wranglers, ranging from 32 to 37" diameter. All from 12-15psi back up to 32-37psi. That's 20 large tires back-to-back from a humble little compressor -- several times beyond its specified duty cycle. By the end of it, the gauge needle was fluctuating violently while filling up (heat seems to make it do this), to the point where we all thought it was going to break, but it kept going until the job was done. I think my 88P has filled up over 200 tires and is still going strong. If and when it finally dies, I'll buy another one in a heartbeat.

DarthTod

First Edition
First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition, Mustang GT, F-350 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I have a Viair compressor that I throw in whatever vehicle I'm in, but on board air is a great option as well.

And uh, 60psi? What the heck are you taking to the beach? Unless you are running at max weight for your tires, you shouldn't be anywhere near 60psi for normal use.
I don’t know what he’s running, but the recommended pressure for my F-350 is 60 front and 80 rear.

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wish the OP came back.

I’m going to be lying awake all night thinking about their casual mention of running 60psi...

Last edited:

bluesun68

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
raptor, velar, f-type
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a viar 90p. 81 bucks on Amazon. It has filled my Raptor 35's in Death Valley when it was hot. Note the duty cycle is important as if it gets too hot they should shut down. This one did not and it reached all my tires too with no extensions or anything. Tiny, I think I own two or three now as I got tired of moving between vehicles.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don’t know what he’s running, but the recommended pressure for my F-350 is 60 front and 80 rear.

Yeah, Maybe he's taking a one ton to the beach.
Also, those tire pressure recommendations are based on your F350 tow rating/GVWR and not on every day driving. If you regularly tow, which I guess you should if you drive an F350, then sure, keep them that high, but for driving without a load, it's not needed to be anywhere near that high.

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For legal reasons Ford doesn't recommend tire pressures for non-tow/non-load case. They have to specify for extreme high temperature and maximum load. But those pressures are excessive for daily use. Rear doesn't need to be higher pressure than front if unloaded. Depends on tire size, but typically 40-50 works well for E's, or oversize D's on diesel p/u.

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

$99 from Costco

Screenshot_20200916-225741.jpg

Sponsored

DarthTod

First Edition
First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition, Mustang GT, F-350 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Yeah, Maybe he's taking a one ton to the beach.
Also, those tire pressure recommendations are based on your F350 tow rating/GVWR and not on every day driving. If you regularly tow, which I guess you should if you drive an F350, then sure, keep them that high, but for driving without a load, it's not needed to be anywhere near that high.
I take mine to the beach, nothing like miles and miles of open sand to tear around on. But mostly it’s for my 32 foot travel trailer. I like my creature comforts.

lightbulb

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have gone through a few of the plug in units, now I have a VIAIR onboard system. The compressor and tank are tucked up near the rear bumper. It is a continuous duty cycle. I have a switch on the dash to turn it on and a quick coupler under the rear bumper to connect my line to. It is 200 psi so you could use it re-seat a bead, if needed. I have no complaints. If the room is there, I will probably go that route with the bronco. If not, it seems that folks are happy with the CO2 tanks, and I might try that.

wavydave

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G8 GXP, 04 F150 FX4, Wildtrak 2DR, Badlands 4DR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have one of these which is basically a ARB onboard air compressor setup in a box to be portable.

https://www.amazon.com/ARB-CKMP12-P...t=&hvlocphy=9030236&hvtargid=pla-490738717419
I have the same ARB in a box setup, plus I have with the ARB tire deflator kit. I love it. I can quickly deflate the 35s on my F150 FX4 before hitting the beach, and then quickly inflate when hitting the blacktop. Everyone is amazed at how this thing does its job so well. Therefore, I do recommend everyone who goes Sasquatch get this ARB compressor and tire deflator.

I hope there is enough room under the 2.7L hood to mount the twin compressor version, but it doesn't look promising. I also don't know if there will be enough room under the front passenger's seat for it either.

Here's a pic a few years back with my folks at South Padre Island.

Ford Bronco Airing up (after airing down for camping and offroading)? WDC_4523

Last edited:
OP
OP

phillyfx4

Outer Banks
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F 150 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
been busy.... I'm running BFG TA/KO 2's load range "E" max pressure is 80 lbs

surprised you guys are surprised I run 55 - 60 psi ?

OP
OP

phillyfx4

Outer Banks
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F 150 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have the same ARB in a box setup, plus I have with the ARB tire deflator kit. I love it. I can quickly deflate the 35s on my F150 FX4 before hitting the beach, and then quickly inflate when hitting the blacktop. Everyone is amazed at how this thing does its job so well. Therefore, I do recommend everyone who goes Sasquatch get this ARB compressor and tire deflator.

I hope there is enough room under the 2.7L hood to mount the twin compressor version, but it doesn't look promising. I also don't know if there will be enough room under the front passenger's seat for it either.

Here's a pic a few years back with my folks at South Padre Island.

Ford Bronco Airing up (after airing down for camping and offroading)? WDC_4523
good spot right there *above* the water line and the "rotten" sand .....looks like low tide
Sponsored