First Name
Brandie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
From what I understand, it has to be 3 days if I’m not mistaken, to be away from the owner to start. That’s tomorrow night. I’ll be listening. It hasn’t been pinged yet by the owner since 11pm Thursday, where we’re assuming it fell off, and nothing has been trying to connect to Bluetooth when we scanned.
Sponsored

Reactions: Cat

DEC

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 640, Mustang Bullitt, Mazda 3, Honda Accord,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks for the warning.
Does our Bronco have gps tracking built in?
My BMW has this feature and I can track it through MyBMW app. It’s a quite handy feature.

OP
OP
_brand13_

_brand13_

Badlands
First Name
Brandie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the warning.
Does our Broncos has gps tracking built in?
My BMW has this feature and I can track it through MyBMW app. It’s a quite handy feature.
yes the Ford Pass app has it under Vehicle > Driving Data >Journeys

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you read previous comments, look at the photos provided, and what I shared (that was confirmed by both police, Apple, and a friend that is in a government role), it was an accessory. The Ford app is an app, not an accessory. When you go to Find My iPhone, the accessory to add is an AirTag.
This has been disturbing enough for me and my family, and I wouldn’t have shared this without confirmation of what it was.
Applying your logic and reasoning would mean my phone would pick up someone's airtag near me just by walking and or someones airpods.

OP
OP
_brand13_

_brand13_

Badlands
First Name
Brandie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Applying your logic and reasoning would mean my phone would pick up someone's airtag near me just by walking and or someones airpods.
It can pick up someone’s AirTag, yes, and if someone’s AirPods are on Bluetooth, they show up in your Bluetooth list. An AirTag is used to locate. That’s how it all works.
Again, Apple confirmed, police confirmed, the Find My iPhone app confirmed what it was.

Sponsored

Golfmom

Black Diamond
First Name
Carrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Carpooling Platinum Escalade ESV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Faraday pouch.
I don’t think a faraday pouch will help because it will ping its location anytime it connects to WiFi (although they are very useful for other applications). Can anyone comment on this? Am I wrong?

OP
OP
_brand13_

_brand13_

Badlands
First Name
Brandie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
😒😒😒 if you enable trips in your Ford app it will track you when You drive. I doubt it was an air tag
Applying this logic, everyone that has reported finding an AirTag that is not theirs and/or getting the alerts that I received from Apple (others have provided articles stating this in the comments of the post) are really just being tracked by a Ford Pass gps app, even if they don’t all have Ford’s. And at some point everyone that has Ford Pass will receive an alert in Find My iPhone that their Ford Pass app is now an Apple AirTag accessory that has been tracking them, pinging them in random locations.

Again, I’m going with the experts that have confirmed the situation. I would not have shared had it not been confirmed from the source that manufactures the product. I also have articles and sources that are confirming. I do appreciate the assistance, but the two are not the same.

Golfmom

Black Diamond
First Name
Carrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Carpooling Platinum Escalade ESV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for posting this. I have no doubt that car thieves would want a new two door bronco. This is a great heads up for everyone.
Exactly! I’d never heard of this. I just sent this to my entire family. Thanks for the heads up!

Balthezor

Badlands
First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
😒😒😒 if you enable trips in your Ford app it will track you when You drive. I doubt it was an air tag
Yes, but the Apple app wouldn't have detected it. Geez, read the OP's post. My Range Rover has been tracking my drives for years. My Iphone never notified me that something is tracking me. This will only happen with said Air Tag.

Hell, my wife's Tesla tracks everything and my Iphone has not notified me that there is an unknown item tracking my location.

BRBlue

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

KatieB75

Badlands
First Name
Katie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This may b a stupid question, but was there a car behind you? Possible that someone had a tag in their vehicle and happened to be near you? The route is straight and so it makes me think that possibly someone was driving behind you with their own tag and your phone picked it up. 🤷🏻‍♀️
I’ve heard of this happening to people where they can’t find the tag and it only follows them a certain distance because it wasn’t “on” them, but near them.

OP
OP
_brand13_

_brand13_

Badlands
First Name
Brandie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This may b a stupid question, but was there a car behind you? Possible that someone had a tag in their vehicle and happened to be near you? The route is straight and so it makes me think that possibly someone was driving behind you with their own tag and your phone picked it up. 🤷🏻‍♀️
I’ve heard of this happening to people where they can’t find the tag and it only follows them a certain distance because it wasn’t “on” them, but near them.
This was in Houston, from the Galleria area to Katy, which is about 40 minutes, going 70-80mph on I-10 so not a small town despite the straight route. I-10 in the city is about 6 lanes just one direction, across. No, no one followed me and had they tried to stay at my speed, and maneuvered into and out of the HOV lanes, regular lanes, exit, etc, it would have been extremely obvious and I would have more worries.

KatieB75

Badlands
First Name
Katie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This was in Houston, from the Galleria area to Katy, which is about 40 minutes, going 70-80mph on I-10 so not a small town despite the straight route. I-10 in the city is about 6 lanes just one direction, across. No, no one followed me and had they tried to stay at my speed, and maneuvered into and out of the HOV lanes, regular lanes, exit, etc, it would have been extremely obvious and I would have more worries.
Gotcha! It looks a lot closer than that. Thanks for the context.
Sponsored