Sponsored

AKturbo's "Dirty Betty" Build - Next up...Suspension v4!

LaMamalona

Wildtrak
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford Bronco AKturbo's "Dirty Betty" Build - Next up...Suspension v4! 1651886326073

if you take the emblem off and grind off or drill the plastic rivets on the back, the emblem will come apart and each individual piece can be painted any color and reassembled. It’s a little extra work but it will have the best results
Sponsored

OP
OP
akturbo

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, 3500HD Chevy, Rav4Prime, Turbo Skidoo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco AKturbo's "Dirty Betty" Build - Next up...Suspension v4! 1651886326073

if you take the emblem off and grind off or drill the plastic rivets on the back, the emblem will come apart and each individual piece can be painted any color and reassembled. It’s a little extra work but it will have the best results
Thanks, good to know! I'll circle back to this at some point, the chrome ring bugs me but looks good for now.

OP
OP
akturbo

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Everything on this list is either in the garage or arriving this week, going to be a lot of late nights since that's the only time I'll have to work on this. Starting with the trail stuff then working into wiring/interior.

Active project:
  • Foutz shock skids
  • Bronco Buster BusterBrace
  • Rockslide Engineering steps w/door del kit + LED Kit
  • Mud flaps :(
  • TrailRax Trail Sight Mount - flag
  • Midland 275 radio with Ghost antenna (ditch light mount)
  • Dash Cam 3-Channel
  • Kicker and JBL amps
  • Bass knob - Kicker Amp
  • USB Port to Amp
  • Bimini Top
  • Tailgate table
  • LED Lighting - 2 zones (Seating and cargo)
  • Sticker Fab up fitter button stickers
  • Running extra power to rear (enough for a fridge)
  • Rear power switches and USB power
  • IAG replacement brackets
  • Dash picatinny rail - Stickerfab

• Ford Bronco AKturbo's "Dirty Betty" Build - Next up...Suspension v4! 624A6572-8A8D-4BDC-BFAA-E07024A6BFFF
    Ford Bronco AKturbo's "Dirty Betty" Build - Next up...Suspension v4! 44C3F0B2-FA9E-44EE-9F7E-71261189A68F

Ford Bronco AKturbo's "Dirty Betty" Build - Next up...Suspension v4! 84AD3CD9-554D-4B99-A51E-548003A9E6DF

Last edited:
First Name
Or
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the details! can I get the link to the mud flaps and some details how did you install them?

Thanks!

OP
OP
akturbo

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi @ChuckiBadlands! I posted on another thread, makes sense to add here.

They're from O'Reilly Auto Parts, brand is RoadSport
https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/...-flaps/pow2/4322?q=premier+fit+mud+flap&pos=3

I drilled into one of the bumps under the fender, one into the wheel well then the rock rail held it in from there. Without a rock rail I'd have to mount it better.

The flaps had tabs, I cut those off, next time I'll see if I should try to use the tabs. With the stock rails gone I'll buy another set, why not for $20?! I'll include the flaps with the rails when I sell them, otherwise they'll go in the trash.

Sponsored
OP
OP
akturbo

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Update 5/19!

The Rock Slide Engineering steps are installed. Wasn't too bad of an install, the little front spacer plates gave me a battle.

Ford Bronco AKturbo's "Dirty Betty" Build - Next up...Suspension v4! IMG_3379

Ford Bronco AKturbo's "Dirty Betty" Build - Next up...Suspension v4! IMG_3391

Looks like I get to recycle my old flaps by moving them further up and hide the hole from the old rock rails.

Ford Bronco AKturbo's "Dirty Betty" Build - Next up...Suspension v4! IMG_3314

BroncBusters are installed, guess I didn't get a pic.

Stripped it down for wiring

Ford Bronco AKturbo's "Dirty Betty" Build - Next up...Suspension v4! IMG_3347

Ford Bronco AKturbo's "Dirty Betty" Build - Next up...Suspension v4! IMG_3349

My original plan to mount the amps did not work, final mounting soon. The kicker amp doesn't fit since the driver side has a storage pocket. Attempt #10 and I think I have it figured out.

Ford Bronco AKturbo's "Dirty Betty" Build - Next up...Suspension v4! IMG_3362

Took a couple parts to build, rear cargo switches and USB-C/A.
Ford Bronco AKturbo's "Dirty Betty" Build - Next up...Suspension v4! IMG_3361

The $40 Install Gear dual amp wiring kit is a total piece of crap. I made it work, the alternative was $300.

Ford Bronco AKturbo's "Dirty Betty" Build - Next up...Suspension v4! IMG_3360

Ran over 200' of speaker wire, one run for signal input and a run back for the amp'd output. The JBL has 6 high or low level inputs, 8ch out, very cool setup. That was what I did and the plan before the incident.
Ford Bronco AKturbo's "Dirty Betty" Build - Next up...Suspension v4! IMG_3366

Not final, but I must have clean wiring! Many more wires since this pic was taken.

Ford Bronco AKturbo's "Dirty Betty" Build - Next up...Suspension v4! IMG_3382

Mock up of the dash setup, need a final pic.
Ford Bronco AKturbo's "Dirty Betty" Build - Next up...Suspension v4! IMG_3390

Way too many wires
Ford Bronco AKturbo's "Dirty Betty" Build - Next up...Suspension v4! IMG_3396

The incident...So, in my infinite wisdom and careful wire labeling, I made a major mistake and randomly messed up my numbering system. Well, my system was right, I chose the inverse when I wired the sub amp, I backfed the output of the amp into the OEM amp, when the power turned on both amps freaked, the OEM sent full signal out, Kicker sent full wattage into the OEM, and the OEM amp caught on fire.

At this point I decided to get a NAV-TV ZEN-A2B. Should arrive this Friday!

JBL Amp DSP, it brought life into all the speakers and I was finally able to get some mid-bass out of the 6.5 kick panels.

Ford Bronco AKturbo's "Dirty Betty" Build - Next up...Suspension v4! IMG_3411

I've done other stuff but can't remember, all a blur. Today's goal was to figure out power, missing accomplished!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
akturbo

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Edit: You must use a constant power source, I ran Ran a fused power run to the switch.

I figured out how to get the upfitter Aux 5 and 6 always on!! Do at your own risk, this is my own experiment. It was way easier to wire than expected. I found this Yellow Green all over for constant power, one leading to the overhead console.
Ford Bronco AKturbo's "Dirty Betty" Build - Next up...Suspension v4! 1653026276856

Then I found Aux switches E and F (5 and 6) were on a separate line than 1-4.

Ford Bronco AKturbo's "Dirty Betty" Build - Next up...Suspension v4! 1653026388782

This was bugging me this evening after staring at the diagrams, went back to the garage, pulled the console back open, cut the green wire to pin 1, confirmed Yellow Green had power, jumped them, BAM, switches 5 and 6 work without turning on the Bronco.

Ford Bronco AKturbo's "Dirty Betty" Build - Next up...Suspension v4! IMG_3423

I'll post this little bit of info on it's own thread, super excited that it worked. I plan to wire my dashcam and my MXT275 to these switches, that will allow me to turn off the 24/7 security recording on the cameras (3) and to use the GMRS radio without having to start the Bronco.

Last edited:

bmtul

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak; Abarth 124
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I figured out how to get the upfitter Aux 5 and 6 always on!! Do at your own risk, this is my own experiment. It was way easier to wire than expected. I found this Yellow Green all over for constant power, one leading to the overhead console.
1653026276856.png

Then I found Aux switches E and F (5 and 6) were on a separate line than 1-4.

1653026388782.png

This was bugging me this evening after staring at the diagrams, went back to the garage, pulled the console back open, cut the green wire to pin 1, confirmed Yellow Green had power, jumped them, BAM, switches 5 and 6 work without turning on the Bronco.

IMG_3423.jpg
View attachment 326171

View attachment 326172

I'll post this little bit of info on it's own thread, super excited that it worked. I plan to wire my dashcam and my MXT275 to these switches, that will allow me to turn off the 24/7 security recording on the cameras (3) and to use the GMRS radio without having to start the Bronco.
Nice work! I think I’ll give that a shot.

I’m curious does your amber light stay on when the truck is off (and the switch is still on)?

OP
OP
akturbo

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m curious does your amber light stay on when the truck is off (and the switch is still on)?
Well dang, the power I tapped into eventually turns off. Going to pull from another source, luckily I ran extra wires up there just in case.

OP
OP
akturbo

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Update 5/31 - Getting close to drivable

Always on Aux switch 5 and 6 complete. Luckily I had run power to the aux switch area just in case, fused the positive and tied into the switch as mentioned above. The Aux5 and Aux6 labels on the switch do light up, so I'm not sure if there is a way to disable that for the Dashcam. For now I'm going to run it.

Ford Bronco AKturbo's "Dirty Betty" Build - Next up...Suspension v4! IMG_3481

Wiring all cleaned up. Switch hack and dashcam wires.
Ford Bronco AKturbo's "Dirty Betty" Build - Next up...Suspension v4! IMG_3482

Midland mic port installed

Ford Bronco AKturbo's "Dirty Betty" Build - Next up...Suspension v4! IMG_3434

Factory B&O amp replaced, freedom!
Ford Bronco AKturbo's "Dirty Betty" Build - Next up...Suspension v4! IMG_3439

Testing the new audio setup!

Ford Bronco AKturbo's "Dirty Betty" Build - Next up...Suspension v4! IMG_3500-1

To say this was difficult is an understatement. I was all super happy with my wiring, that was until I tried to put the panel back on. Zero clearance to fit the wire bundles so I had to take it all apart to reroute and flatten everything. 2nd time around I didn't bother with super clean wire management. Interested to see if the amps cook themselves, I'll probably need to cut a vent hole at the bottom to allow for some airflow.

This didn't work:
Ford Bronco AKturbo's "Dirty Betty" Build - Next up...Suspension v4! IMG_3503

This worked!
Ford Bronco AKturbo's "Dirty Betty" Build - Next up...Suspension v4! IMG_3509

Ran 10Ga to the passenger rear, USBC and two switches. One for LEDs, other for a fridge or something in the future. LEDs worked, except the lame LED controllers don't retain memory when power is switch off/on, defaults to a disco mode. Annoyed, I had called before I ordered to verify they would retain their setting. Replacement controllers arrive today. I ran RBG wire to the tailgate, I have to install the tailgate table first. I installed the NAV-TV in the OEM amp spot, skipped that pic.

Ford Bronco AKturbo's "Dirty Betty" Build - Next up...Suspension v4! IMG_3541

Rear dash cam installed
Ford Bronco AKturbo's "Dirty Betty" Build - Next up...Suspension v4! IMG_3546

Test fit Bimini top, I needed to see how it mounts before I installed the front zone LEDs
Ford Bronco AKturbo's "Dirty Betty" Build - Next up...Suspension v4! IMG_3547

LEDs involve A LOT of soldering, I setup a little assembly line, 6 lights done, 5 or 6 more to go. The waterproof LEDs were tough to remove the silicon coating and not cut the strip, had a couple failures along the way.

Ford Bronco AKturbo's "Dirty Betty" Build - Next up...Suspension v4! IMG_3551

Ford Bronco AKturbo's "Dirty Betty" Build - Next up...Suspension v4! IMG_3554

This may actually work! I finished one side uppers, what a huge difference. Hopefully by morning LEDs are done with the exception of the tailgate. For the front, 4 runs on top and lights over each footwell. For the rear zone, under the roll bar and one or two on the tailgate.

Ford Bronco AKturbo's "Dirty Betty" Build - Next up...Suspension v4! IMG_3572

Ford Bronco AKturbo's "Dirty Betty" Build - Next up...Suspension v4! IMG_3573

Printed these and plan to keep the glovebox, I can't believe the fuses aren't labeled anywhere.
Ford Bronco AKturbo's "Dirty Betty" Build - Next up...Suspension v4! IMG_3497 (2)

These baffles arrived, going to see if they help mid-bass on the kicks. If they don't work I don't see how they can make it sound any worse.

Ford Bronco AKturbo's "Dirty Betty" Build - Next up...Suspension v4! IMG_3566

Waiting to post pics of the dash setup, not 100% done yet. Have to mount the dash cam and reconfigure the rail a bit.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
akturbo

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, the amber light does stay on when the truck is off and switches are on. Not really what I want for the dashcam but it is what I want for the GMRS radio.

OP
OP
akturbo

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Getting close to done! Interior is done, 1.5" Fabtech front/rear (7/8" spacer), Foutz shock skid, Warn Evo12s and Rough Country winch plate. Alignment this week, install the JCR camera bracket, finish wiring the winch. Probably won't hook up the lightbar, not sure I'm sticking with this setup since I think it looks janky with the camera hanging off the fairlead. It'll work for this summer until I find something else.

Ford Bronco AKturbo's "Dirty Betty" Build - Next up...Suspension v4! IMG_3828

Ford Bronco AKturbo's "Dirty Betty" Build - Next up...Suspension v4! IMG_3777-1
Ford Bronco AKturbo's "Dirty Betty" Build - Next up...Suspension v4! IMG_3817 (2)
Ford Bronco AKturbo's "Dirty Betty" Build - Next up...Suspension v4! IMG_3611_2

OP
OP
akturbo

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks Good. Damn you have been busy. Im just chipping away at mods on mine. LOL
Thanks! Been a lot of work, ready to take a break and enjoy it.

JCR Bracket installed, I installed inside the plate so it doesn't stick out as far. Camera view is 100% clear. Waiting on new 1/0 wires, the good flexible stuff. Should be done by Sunday and ready to hit the Trail Jamboree on July 7th!!

Ford Bronco AKturbo's "Dirty Betty" Build - Next up...Suspension v4! IMG_3843 (2)
Ford Bronco AKturbo's "Dirty Betty" Build - Next up...Suspension v4! IMG_3846
Ford Bronco AKturbo's "Dirty Betty" Build - Next up...Suspension v4! IMG_3845 (2)