stratego

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don't pay the ADM. If the dealership doesn't convert 80% of reservations to the name on the reservations, they will lose out on allocations in the future. Just place another reservation at another dealer, preferably granger.

2021 Bronco Name Match Integrity.png
Sponsored

TGoar

Wildtrak
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubi, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

In June 2020, I placed the $100 deposit for the new Ford Bronco with Al-Piemonte Ford in Melrose Park. On March 18 2021 I had placed a special order for a Bronco (base model + Sasquatch), that was delivered to the dealer on 8/17/21. On 8/18/21 the dealer wanted 20K over the 42K the sticker price, this is a 36% increase over the price of the car (See attached). On 8/21/21 dealer then dropped it to 10K over the 42K sticker price, this is 22% increase over the price of the car. (See Attached)
The dealer reasoning "Inflation" "we lost money" "Covid hurt our bottom line", etc.
The dealer hopes we do not pay the extra 10K, so he can list it for the original 59K, in order to swindle some other client. This car was a special order, made by Ford to the specification that I wanted. The dealer only has 5 or so Broncos in stock. He does not want to sell it to me so he can profit off my special order.
Also, this is a base model, that allows for an easier 20K mark up.
The other point is how did the dealer get the other 5 Broncos. I would assume these were other special orders where the customer did not want to spend an extra 20K on a car and gave up.

Side Note, I spoke with GM at Golf Mill Ford who states they are not increasing the MSPR for the special order Broncos. If the client does not go forward with the purchase, then yes, they are charging more. Personally, this is even harder to deal with. If I lived a few blocks farther north, Golf Mill Ford would be recommended dealer and I would not be in this mess.

1. DO NOT USE Al PIEMONTE in Melrose Park.
2. Get your final price in writing before deliever. If necessary, change dealers.

August 21 Dealer Final Price.jpg
https://www.facebook.com/AlPiemonteFord. and https://www.facebook.com/ford @Administrator is there anything you can do to send mass comments from this forum to these Facebook pages? Twitter, other? There is power in this Forum and we need to exercise it.

BroncoPls!

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rivian R1S, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For those who need to "re-order" when the MY22 order banks open, might be a could time to get a dealer signed price sheet

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

- make a website. call in something like fordrippedmeoff.com or something like that.

-write in detail your ordeal. include the names of everyone that work there for optimum seo. go to car forums post your ordeal as well.

-picket in front of said dealership with stacks of flyers that lead people to your website to read story. bullet names on the flyer of the top dawgs and ownership at dealership. also, re-iterate "Ford takes advantage over customers in a larger font as well. hold up sign walking back and forth and have it say "ford takes advantage over car buyers".

-contact media, or a person that deals with customers getting treated poorly. quite a few news stations have people that expose them. have the news crew interview/film your ordeal while you picket on a busy saturday...the dealer will get hit hard once again as they will not take questions/discuss this from the media.

also film yourself picketing and ordeal and put in on youtube. implicate as many as you can by name. picket muliple days film and post again

-there's a good chance you might get threatened and have food/milkshake or anything throw at you for picketing. picketing will really hurt the dealership. make you have have a camera on. you have to hurt said dealership and their bottom line.

-this could get national traction and after that corporate might even feel the need to give you a free bronco. if the dealer won't help you, and corporate throw their arms up saying "there's nothing they can do" you really need to trash ford and make at bad for them. in most cases the dealership should really feel he pinch in all of this
I would also file a complaint with the better business bureau!

Sponsored

stratego

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t understand why everyone is asking for interventions from Ford or the BBB, dealerships aren’t beholden to anyone regarding the price they sell a vehicle for. It’s the trade off Ford makes when they are able to mark every vehicle that comes off the line as sold to dealers, instead of holding it on their books and waiting for end user sale to recognize revenue/collect cash

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Of course, we/you make assumptions. If you don't read the operating manual before purchase, the entire warranty agreement, extended warranty agreement, the exact finance legal disclosures of the agreement etc etc, then you are making assumptions, you have knowledge gaps. We all make assumptions because we lack the ability and capability to be all knowing. I is normal. Con artists, cheats, unscrupulous sales people prey on these gaps which they know how to exploit.

Can people become better consumers? Of course. Should more due diligence be paid to the car buying process? Sure. That said, when you take the language that Ford has communicated over and over and over again, it is fair to conclude that MSRP and the price is locked for consumers. Otherwise, what is the point of this message if the Dealer can literally charge whatever they want?

• Offering price protection to all current Bronco order and reservation holders (as of March 19, 2021). This will ensure you will not see an increase in the MSRP if you receive an equivalent 2022 model year Bronco.
For my part, I checked those items you mentioned that were germane to what I wanted and for making the deal, before making the deal. I walked into the dealership with a written checklist of key items that hardly left my hand, lol.

Do we assume the sun will come up tomorrow? Sure. That doesn't negate the advice, stating that customers should NOT be going on assumptions/expectations, when buying a car. The problems we are reading about have to do with customers making assumptions about key items. And you don't get any more key than the price.

I agree with you though, someone not familiar with buying a car, could be tripped up by the MSRP guarantee. All the more reason to get a better understanding of the buying process, and how Ford relates to dealers, before making such a large purchase. (I'm still perplexed by folks ordering a vehicle they hadn't test driven much less even seen in person.)

If nothing else I would say this - when walking out of a dealership having ordered a vehicle, if the customer is using the word "assumption" related to the price, turn around and get that ironed out. Especially if the customer has put non-refundable money down!

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don’t understand why everyone is asking for interventions from Ford or the BBB, dealerships aren’t beholden to anyone regarding the price they sell a vehicle for. It’s the trade off Ford makes when they are able to mark every vehicle that comes off the line as sold to dealers, instead of holding it on their books and waiting for end user sale to recognize revenue/collect cash
Lol, yeah my friend and his family could use that intervention for nearly every car they've bought in the last 20 years. They overpay for nearly everything automotive. Told me the dealer loves them. I said obviously, I'd roll out the red carpet for them!

OP
OP

ChiPlJam10

Base
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw
Your Bronco Model
Base
Pay whatever they want yo to pay then report it to BBB , then Ford will settle with you . Without you paying what they are asking there would not be a crime committed by your dealership. trust me it will work. It happened to me, I’m from Bay Are, California
I can’t tell everyone the exact details of what happened as the case is settled with Ford. Part of the settlement it that the case remain confidential except with my family members. Dealer wanted to sell me my Bronco above MSRP, similar with you. At first, I reported the dealership to California DMV then they told me to file case with BBB and file case against both the Dealership and Ford Company, Ford call me within few days and settled. No lawyer involved on my part, but the key part of the case was when I purchased my Bronco with what they are asking. first it was 5K then 2.5K because they said it is only Base model so they will only charge me 2.5K that part of got me irritated as Base is the only model I could afford…. I was okay with paying $2.5 as here in Bay are even Toyota RAV4 Prime is 8K above msrp.. Good Luck
Thank you.
Yeah Twitter for the win in these cases.
Mike Levine has helped many Bronco and Mustang E customers get unfu*ked
He isnt responding via Twitter
Sponsored