Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Try kindly telling them that you would love to leave them a good review on their Ford customer appreciation survey.

They stand to lose a whole lot more than 10k for negative reviews. Unfortunately you only get the survey after completing a purchase with them. But I would gladly pay 10k over just to give them a 1-star review, and then flip the car for my purchase price and place a new reservation with a more reputable dealer.
Sponsored

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

you could have called around after you put your reservation in and see what other dealers was doing for pricing thats what I did and found really great dealer that said they would accept the Ford X plan if you have a PIN number so I switched my reservation to them .

72BroncoSand

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Bronco, 77 f-150, Jetta Tdi, 1ton
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I would pace back and forth on the public sidewalk in front of dealer with a sandwich board stating “Ask me why you should NOT do business here”. Probably not very effective but it would make me feel better.

BenderSquatch

Big Bend
First Name
Suge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That sucks. For most order holders, this is probably their first special order vehicle. Most probably assumed the price on the build and price was what they ordered and would pay. But you can never underestimate shady dealers. My original dealer refused to give be anything in writing, so off to Granger I went.
But Ford has promised to hold the MSRP through 2023 Model year, they should crush these dealerships' nuts for being greedy and taking their allocations away.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Facebook/Google will delete the reviews. I’ve seen it with the dealer in Texas that screwed the one lady over.
That’s possible. I do know people who’ve had awesome success using Twitter with airlines and other companies in solving bad customer service issues. There’s no guarantee other than a shady dealer will always be shady unless it hits their bottom line.

Sponsored

BenderSquatch

Big Bend
First Name
Suge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
In June 2020, I placed the $100 deposit for the new Ford Bronco with Al-Piemonte Ford in Melrose Park. On March 18 2021 I had placed a special order for a Bronco (base model + Sasquatch), that was delivered to the dealer on 8/17/21. On 8/18/21 the dealer wanted 20K over the 42K the sticker price, this is a 36% increase over the price of the car (See attached). On 8/21/21 dealer then dropped it to 10K over the 42K sticker price, this is 22% increase over the price of the car. (See Attached)
The dealer reasoning "Inflation" "we lost money" "Covid hurt our bottom line", etc.
The dealer hopes we do not pay the extra 10K, so he can list it for the original 59K, in order to swindle some other client. This car was a special order, made by Ford to the specification that I wanted. The dealer only has 5 or so Broncos in stock. He does not want to sell it to me so he can profit off my special order.
Also, this is a base model, that allows for an easier 20K mark up.
The other point is how did the dealer get the other 5 Broncos. I would assume these were other special orders where the customer did not want to spend an extra 20K on a car and gave up.

Side Note, I spoke with GM at Golf Mill Ford who states they are not increasing the MSPR for the special order Broncos. If the client does not go forward with the purchase, then yes, they are charging more. Personally, this is even harder to deal with. If I lived a few blocks farther north, Golf Mill Ford would be recommended dealer and I would not be in this mess.

1. DO NOT USE Al PIEMONTE in Melrose Park.
2. Get your final price in writing before deliever. If necessary, change dealers.

August 21 Dealer Final Price.jpg
Tweet Ford's Communications exec, Mike Levine, with the details.

I'd bet, with all the rough launches Bronco and other Ford gems like the Explorer have had, an unavoidable fiasco PR like a greedy dealership is one they're gonna rush to solve ASAP.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
might want to check your math, with the 10K bump to $52000, adding County/State tax, no down payment (essentially worst case scenario to be sure) it works out to 2.49%

Not to shit on the OP, his situation is vile, but this scenario is exactly what I pictured and strove to avoid by going with Granger (the pricing was a factor, but secondarily.) I hope he gets it resolved fairly.
Nope my math is good. Based off what he posted and bumped up the taxes and fees to account for his doc fees.

Ford Bronco Al Piemonte (Chicago) - Dealer Requiring 10K (22%) Over MSRP E70617D2-A08B-4AEE-BFF5-1D7C4DC0A877

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nope my math is good. Based off what he posted and bumped up the taxes and fees to account for his doc fees.

E70617D2-A08B-4AEE-BFF5-1D7C4DC0A877.png
the $20K you have in down payment was the amount the dealer originally wanted OVER MSRP, then backed it down to $10K over, leaving a total of $42K plus $10K, plus about 6.75% tax and a couple hundred for tags and doc fees.

While your math might be correct for what you set up, you set it up wrong.

WildTrak

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks for posting, I'm in the Chicagoland area and will avoid that dealership.

Sponsored

ChapEJF

Outer Banks
First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OBX/BD Mashup
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I would Google Review Bomb them. Dealers hate bad Google reviews so I would enlist everyone I know and load them up.

WildTrak

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
be a shame if a fraction of the 24K members here, took the time to let Piemonte Ford know how we feel about this.

https://www.apford.com/about-us/staff-2/

This vehicle launch was supposed to be all about nostalgia, a way of living that was supposed to invoke energy, and a sense of well being.

@ ford Motor company DO SOMETHING!!!

You can't tell me that Piemonte Ford needs to screw this customer over to stay profitable.

Plala

Big Bend
First Name
Pamela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
the $20K you have in down payment was the amount the dealer originally wanted OVER MSRP, then backed it down to $10K over, leaving a total of $42K plus $10K, plus about 6.75% tax and a couple hundred for tags and doc fees.

While your math might be correct for what you set up, you set it up wrong.

Ford Bronco Al Piemonte (Chicago) - Dealer Requiring 10K (22%) Over MSRP E70617D2-A08B-4AEE-BFF5-1D7C4DC0A877
well you don’t have to finance with Ford. There are no incentives on the Bronco at this point. Go to your own bank/credit union. If everyone comes back with a 9 or 10% interest rate, it’s probably more about your credit than them trying to gouge you. Regardless, that’s a ridiculous interest rate and it sounds like the boys in finance think you’re gonna fall for it.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
well you don’t have to finance with Ford. There are no incentives on the Bronco at this point. Go to your own bank/credit union. If everyone comes back with a 9 or 10% interest rate, it’s probably more about your credit than them trying to gouge you. Regardless, that’s a ridiculous interest rate and it sounds like the boys in finance think you’re gonna fall for it.
Ford Bronco Al Piemonte (Chicago) - Dealer Requiring 10K (22%) Over MSRP 1629679191720

portland_lol

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Pinto
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
- make a website. call in something like fordrippedmeoff.com or something like that.

-write in detail your ordeal. include the names of everyone that work there for optimum seo. go to car forums post your ordeal as well.

-picket in front of said dealership with stacks of flyers that lead people to your website to read story. bullet names on the flyer of the top dawgs and ownership at dealership. also, re-iterate "Ford takes advantage over customers in a larger font as well. hold up sign walking back and forth and have it say "ford takes advantage over car buyers".

-contact media, or a person that deals with customers getting treated poorly. quite a few news stations have people that expose them. have the news crew interview/film your ordeal while you picket on a busy saturday...the dealer will get hit hard once again as they will not take questions/discuss this from the media.

also film yourself picketing and ordeal and put in on youtube. implicate as many as you can by name. picket muliple days film and post again

-there's a good chance you might get threatened and have food/milkshake or anything throw at you for picketing. picketing will really hurt the dealership. make you have have a camera on. you have to hurt said dealership and their bottom line.

-this could get national traction and after that corporate might even feel the need to give you a free bronco. if the dealer won't help you, and corporate throw their arms up saying "there's nothing they can do" you really need to trash ford and make at bad for them. in most cases the dealership should really feel he pinch in all of this
Sponsored

Last edited: