Sponsored

Alcon Front Ford Bronco Brake Kit ... anyone do this yet?

OP
OP
Raptor911

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
at $2544 it is not expensive at all. F150 Raptor big brakes start in the $3500 and go to 5k easily.

That seems like a ridiculous amount of money for small gains.

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

at $2544 it is not expensive at all. F150 Raptor big brakes start in the $3500 and go to 5k easily.
The fact that the Raptor has a more expensive kit doesn't make this less expensive. As @Laminar asked are you boiling brake fluid? Are you doing high speed desert running? Even, then I'd like the cooling improvement to be better than 12%

Sponsored
OP
OP
Raptor911

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
relax buddy. A few guys here think they can build a Bronco up to the level of the Warthog and these brakes would be a good starting point.

And do you really think people buy these type of upgrades because they need them?

Do we need 35s? Isn't 33s enough? Do we need a 50K+ SUV? Is any of this practical? So yeah it is not about what you need. It is about what you want.

The fact that the Raptor has a more expensive kit doesn't make this less expensive. As @Laminar asked are you boiling brake fluid? Are you doing high speed desert running? Even, then I'd like the cooling improvement to be better than 12%

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

relax buddy. A few guys here think they can build a Bronco up to the level of the Warthog and these brakes would be a good starting point.

And do you really think people buy these type of upgrades because they need them?

Do we need 35s? Isn't 33s enough? Do we need a 50K+ SUV? Is any of this practical? So yeah it is not about what you need. It is about what you want.
Need or not, the the sasquatch package provides a significant bang for the buck in terms of the performance. These brakes don't.
If you just want the look here's an easy way to save a few Gs and the performance gains won't be far off from these brakes
Ford Bronco Alcon Front Ford Bronco Brake Kit ... anyone do this yet? 08868604

Destroyer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Chevy SWB NBS, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm going to agree with others here. $2544 for a brake kit with marginally better brake performance seems terribly overpriced. And what is being done physically with a Bronco where a 12% decrease in disk temperature and 6% increase in brake torque is needed (which again are terribly small improvements for the price)? This seems like a waste of money, where you could better put that $2544 towards beadlock wheels, onboard air, lift kit, tires, etc. But by all means, if you got money burning a hole in your pocket, go for it

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
It would be a good investment if the kit would significantly decrease stopping distances. But I haven't seen any information to indicate the bronco has a brake size problem.
That broncos have the same size brakes regardless of the wheel size of the version (say Wildtrack or base). That tells me there could be some benefit from optimizing the brakes with the wheels you have on your bronco. Though you would want to do it logically taking into account brake balance across the vehicle. And what might work perfectly on a 4d, may not be perfect on a 2d.

Reactions: Jdc

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That alcon setup is the one I want. Thanks for sharing.

Moving to that 6 piston setup and larger disk to give you more clamping power and leverage is exactly what I am after.

In moving up to a 35 or 37 brakes should be upgraded as well...so many bro dozer trucks running around on 20's and 35+ with factory brakes. 6% increase in clamping force and a 6% increase on leverage is a sum greater than the individual.

Sponsored

elbroncodor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Tacoma w/ long travel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This test of these brakes on the Raptor says it decreased stopping distance of the raptor by 27%. That's pretty significant.

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ‘1928 model A, “23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Stock Bronco brakes are pretty bad! Look at tested stopping distance!! An actual 27% improvement in stopping distance is well worth it in my book!

Agswin

First Edition
First Name
Ardi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Hennessey
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Anyone installed these yet?

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was somewhat skeptical (I’m an old guy…) of the 27% stopping distance claim until I watched the video. Looks like the bigger rotors can use the antilock brake system to their advantage. Interesting.

Perhaps an additional test would have been steering around an obstacle during the antilock stop. After all, isn’t that what antilock brakes are all about, control? Would the truck have remained under the driver‘s control had obstacle avoidance been required ?

I have not done it yet, but everyone should know how their vehicle stops under panic stop conditions. Start at 30 MPH and work your way up. At a winter driving school, I was told that when you need to panic stop, you push on the brake peddle as hard as you possibly can and do not let off until the vehicle is stopped. I know, duh…. Their implication was that the ALBS (ABS?) responds differently to panic stop peddle pressure. Works good on ice…..
Sponsored