Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What color blue is in the background of these pics? Lightning blue?

2021 Bronco Cactus Gray painted body sample.jpg
2021 Bronco Race Red painted body sample.jpg
To me it looks like the lightning blue color. I would have gotten that one 100% if it was on the other trims but alas Area 51 is still first.
Sponsored

flatlander40

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe. My theory is they changed the color for production, and got rid of the green that dominates on the 4 door white top vehicle. I hope that's the case and its a true gray.
That would be just gray then :)
Cactus Gray kind of suggests a hint of green

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

20200922_112010.jpg
20200922_112138.jpg
20200922_110011.jpg
20200922_105957.jpg

This is my see with my own eyes experience with Area 51. As you can see from the shade side to direct sunlight hitting it. Form your own opinion. Shaded side imo looks like what we're seeing in this thread.
So you can roll through Chapel Hill all day long with that color.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My theory is that Cactus Grey reflects the color of the sky (and its environment to a certain point). All of the photos we've seen of the CG paint indoors, under fluorescent lighting, or with a camera flash, was too much of an artificial environment to truly display correctly. I think it looks great here, outdoors.

I feel confident moving forward with Cactus Grey, no question
Maybe. My theory is they changed the color for production, and got rid of the green that dominates on the 4 door white top vehicle. I hope that's the case and its a true gray.
That theory sucks. But has some validity. They do seem to have toned down the surf green (unfortunately).

True gray would be sooooooooo modern and unique! Not a single car on the road would have a color like that. Aside from literally every single manufacture and every new model that's come to market since 2018. Hell, I saw boring gray Subaru Crosstrek in dull-asphalt-gray yesterday. It lacks personality and character. Which is why they already have 4 colors on the grayscale! (black, white, silver, gray). No need to go "full German" and offer 9 total colors, 8 of which are in grayscale.

I believe they even have added a disclaimer on the Ford web site about that surf green one and the CO on 37's being "custom" or something to that effect. Maybe the paint was a one off also?

The paint code for Cactus Gray and Fighter Jet Gray is and has been the same since it was announced so long ago.

What would you consider a "true gray"?
How about Avalanche Gray? Just came across this and even I like it. (not a fan of grays/silvers usually)
Ford Bronco All Bronco Colors Painted Bodies Close Up Walkthrough 1601070434762

LolaD

Outer Banks
First Name
Lola
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mercedes GLB
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Velocity Blue is definitely where I'm landing. I won't change my mind! ?

Sponsored

BWONCOSWULE!

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If I stay Base I'm thinking Velocity Blue or Rapid Red.. but my love affair is with Race Red.
i feel the same way, im in between rapid red and race red. I am leaning towards race red but rapid red is tempting because it kinda has a classic vibe with the flake that goes well with the body style of the bronco. Ill probably go with race red and a dark tint with black accents.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The paint code for Cactus Gray and Fighter Jet Gray is and has been the same since it was announced so long ago.
"NE" is a Ford internal paint code, go to a body shop and ask for them to whip up a gallon of "NE". Can't be done unless they are ordering paint from Ford.

For reference, here is the full paint code selection for all Ford vehicles in 2020:
2020 Ford paint codes

Now view the 2021 chart, notice how you don't have the actual paint codes, just factory designation.
2021 Bronco paint codes

So until Ford releases that info, we don't know if they (FJG/CG) are the same color, or how the color will turn out beyond the paint samples people had whipped up from Ford.

I should also point out that the Fighter Jet Gray Mustang that you're referencing (Video of it's paint shift here) is as much a pre-production vehicle and one-off hand-painted model as the Showcase Bronco in this thread.

ehssey

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge Sport, Harley-Davidson Street Glide
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was partial to A51, but the Mrs likes AMB. If that’s what it takes to loosen the purse strings, AMB it is ??

Sponsored

Catmandu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep JKU (Officially Sold), 2015 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wish they would have included Lead Foot in the mix.

ehssey

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge Sport, Harley-Davidson Street Glide
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Deleted member 13702

Was completely underwhelmed with the colors a few weeks ago, but man Race Red just pops and has an orange undertone. Just don't know if it should be paired with a black or red top. Then there's AB; it just keeps dragging me back. Ahh decisions, decisions.....

omg_bbq

Black Diamond
First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 EG BD SAS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

CG, CG and Area 51. Still no clue on what to pick.
I'm in the same boat. Two great colors though, I have a feeling no matter what one I pick I'm going to be happy with it.
Sponsored