Sponsored

All Broncos are Priority 19 says dealer?

BadLanderDD

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2015 F150, Fox Body For Life
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You shouldnt have any price increases unless you didnt get the order in before the deadline last March. I am holding my dealer accountable for locking in the pricing as built on MY21. I also have the dealer inquiring about the front bumper and SAS as added them with the pricing locked in.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Where do you check
I emailed my dealer and asked for a PDF of my Order Summary. They then had a system generated one sent from [email protected].

(I only had a cell phone photo from before so it is comforting to have a pdf from the Ford system that looks the same.)

Circled in the top middle.

Ford Bronco All Broncos are Priority 19 says dealer? 4B1D5988-DD7E-40FA-8B8B-D4E210DB86C0

Vooch

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Crosstrek xv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Mine is 17.

MuttonBuster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12/20 Build BL/SAS/LUX/Tow/Soft Top
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My dealer indicated that lower PCs are pulled first - constraints notwithstanding. I was a PC 10 and I am due to deliver in a week. Others at same dealer are PC 19 - they are still waiting.
  • 1st hour reservation
  • '22 BL MT SAS LUX
I was the same. Priority code matters. Anyone that says otherwise hasnā€™t gone through the process and is probably quoting some thread that someone else quoted from a comment on Jalopnik.

Sponsored

MuttonBuster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12/20 Build BL/SAS/LUX/Tow/Soft Top
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I honestly don't know how true that is. I was a Priority 10. The only "deadly sin" i didn't have was MIC. Ordered end of June 2021 and was built 12/27.
Yeah, he doesnā€™t know what heā€™s talking about.

This misinformation is bad because there are early reservation holders who are not pressing their dealer to make them a PC10.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Normally that would be the case. Not with the Bronco. So he's right in general but wrong regarding the Bronco.
That is how it used to be, certainly. Are we sure it is still that way? Might explain the walk-in's getting some quick build dates regardless of constraints. Not claiming it is one way or the other, just will no longer assume Ford didn't change the 'rules' without telling anyone but dealers again.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thereā€™s been talk that the priority code doesnā€™t matter (10-19). Even if it does, I think itā€™s scoped to the dealership. Anyone have better info?
Priority code does not matter if you have a reservation.

If you do not have a reservation, priority code does matter. But having a lower priority code doesn't necessarily mean you'll get your Bronco faster. The constrained items are so impactful at the moment, and what you have selected for your build is WAY more impactful than whatever your priority code is.

Also important to note that your priority code is only impactful relative to other builds at your dealer. So if everyone at your dealer has a priority code of 10 that's effectively the same as everyone having a priority code of 19. I know my sales managers got tired everyone asking him to change their priority code, so he just went through and updated everyone's code to 10.

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Priority code does not matter if you have a reservation.

If you do not have a reservation, priority code does matter. But having a lower priority code doesn't necessarily mean you'll get your Bronco faster. The constrained items are so impactful at the moment, and what you have selected for your build is WAY more impactful than whatever your priority code is.

Also important to note that your priority code is only impactful relative to other builds at your dealer. So if everyone at your dealer has a priority code of 10 that's effectively the same as everyone having a priority code of 19. I know my sales managers got tired everyone asking him to change their priority code, so he just went through and updated everyone's code to 10.
Do you know if priority 10 walk ins are effectively behind reservations? I have a [conspiracy] theory that there might be two queues per dealership. Evidence: not much. šŸ˜† just all the walk ins that get scheduled. Iā€™m an example: 2.7 mod bumper sasquatch ordered late October 21 priority 10 and scheduled. Buddyā€™s badlands with High on reservation at same dealer (both soft tops) still isnā€™t scheduled. Sure his build has more electronics, but a lot of the build is similar: 2.7, advanced 4x4, mod bumper, suspension, axles, etc šŸ¤·

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you know if priority 10 walk ins are effectively behind reservations? I have a [conspiracy] theory that there might be two queues per dealership. Evidence: not much. šŸ˜† just all the walk ins that get scheduled. Iā€™m an example: 2.7 mod bumper sasquatch ordered late October 21 priority 10 and scheduled. Buddyā€™s badlands with High on reservation at same dealer (both soft tops) still isnā€™t scheduled. Sure his build has more electronics, but a lot of the build is similar: 2.7, advanced 4x4, mod bumper, suspension, axles, etc šŸ¤·
Yeah the reservations are prioritized ahead of walk-in orders at your dealer.

But... nowadays it doesn't really matter because it is all about the constraints and the dealer/regional allocations for those constrained components.

I'm order #38 at my dealer, but there are at least a dozen people who reserved well after me who skipped the line simply by removing the constrained components... and I would expect walk-in orders to start showing up at my dealer in the next few weeksā€”I know a few walk-ins who ordered barebones Big Bend Broncos have already gotten their build dates.

Meanwhile me, my July 2020 reservation, and my Bronco order with all of my constrained items will continue to wait the good wait.

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah the reservations are prioritized ahead of walk-in orders at your dealer.

But... nowadays it doesn't really matter because it is all about the constraints and the dealer/regional allocations for those constrained components.

I'm order #38 at my dealer, but there are at least a dozen people who reserved well after me who skipped the line simply by removing the constrained components... and I would expect walk-in orders to start showing up at my dealer in the next few weeksā€”I know a few walk-ins who ordered barebones Big Bend Broncos have already gotten their build dates.

Meanwhile me, my July 2020 reservation, and my Bronco order with all of my constrained items will continue to wait the good wait.
Itā€™s also true the allocations are per month, right? So the easy builds skipping the line arenā€™t really hurting you, correct? Each month at scheduling, if they have the parts to build your order, youā€™d come ahead of walk ins. If the walk ins werenā€™t there, that monthā€™s allocations would just be lost, right?

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll tell you another thing I was told, but I am sure it will be rebutted, In 2022, at the dealer level, they are no longer able to set a Bronco at a PC of 99 and that only Ford can do it now. If it is set there, they can leave it or move it to a 10-19, but cannot take a 10-19 and move it to 99 anymore. A measure to try and avoid further malfeasance, just saying that is what I was told.
So what happens if you try to change your order to MOD top?
Sponsored