Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Giving the Ranger6G a Reg Cab, Short Box and the 7spd MT with the ELocker in the FX2 or a Street Truck setup would definitely get my attention.

Also wouldn’t turn my nose up on a Ranger Tremor and MT In a Reg or Ext Cab.

Perfect stablemate for the Bronco

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I like Broncos, the two door kind, so this four door pickup situation isn’t even on my radar. Odd that there’s so much crossover with this wildly different vehicle. Sometimes I think four door Bronco owners aren’t really Bronco people, this proves it.
There's a lot of overlap in Bronco, Wrangler, Gladiator, Tacoma, FJ, Defender, and 4Runner people. If the new Ranger gets some real chops, i don't see any reason why that can't be added to the list.

But don't let any rationale or reason get in the way of your gatekeeping

Ohenry

Big Bend
First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yeah, those years were not too good for the Ranger. But Man I loved my 98 Ranger... extended cab with the 2.5 4 cyl 5 speed. When I sold it in 2010 for $2500 it had right at 200k miles on it. Only two problems I had were a power steering hose had to be replaced and it threw the timing belt at 150k miles. My teenage son had it the last 50k miles. That thing was bullet proof!
I had a 93 and loved the V6 4.0! My neighbor has one that only has 30k miles on it and the dealership here in Ga offered 18k and he said nope. I have a 2017 F150 2.7 which is too big for me. We visited DC for the 4th/Trump rally and it was hell on the baby streets. I also worked in Atlanta a few months ago and it was bad. I drove the current Ranger when it came out and it felt cramped on the inside and I didn't like the look of them. This new one I have been tracking but pulled the trigger on the Bronco.

Sponsored

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

looks really good we’re the raptor version it’s long over due

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had a 93 and loved the V6 4.0! My neighbor has one that only has 30k miles on it and the dealership here in Ga offered 18k and he said nope. I have a 2017 F150 2.7 which is too big for me. We visited DC for the 4th/Trump rally and it was hell on the baby streets. I also worked in Atlanta a few months ago and it was bad. I drove the current Ranger when it came out and it felt cramped on the inside and I didn't like the look of them. This new one I have been tracking but pulled the trigger on the Bronco.
I would love to have my Ranger back! Hell, I just did a quick search on AutoTrader and found several from 6k to 10k with over 200k miles!

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah, those years were not too good for the Ranger. But Man I loved my 98 Ranger... extended cab with the 2.5 4 cyl 5 speed. When I sold it in 2010 for $2500 it had right at 200k miles on it. Only two problems I had were a power steering hose had to be replaced and it threw the timing belt at 150k miles. My teenage son had it the last 50k miles. That thing was bullet proof!
My dad bought his 98 Ranger extended cab new and still has it to this day at 250k miles. It's a great truck that did everything our family needed with no major issues along the way. Commuter vehicle, Home Depot warrior, multiple home moves, light towing, and parking lot doughnuts in the snow.

It ended up being my first vehicle at 17 and I have great memories playing music through the cassette adapter, driving around with my girlfriend (now wife), and towing around a lawn tractor for my cash grass cutting business.

Remember listening to the Phillies make their late August Pennant runs in 2007/08 on that AM radio. Who knows, maybe this new Ranger can make my Phillies relevant again :LOL:

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My dad bought his 98 Ranger extended cab new and still has it to this day at 250k miles. It's a great truck that did everything our family needed with no major issues along the way. Commuter vehicle, Home Depot warrior, multiple home moves, light towing, and parking lot doughnuts in the snow.

It ended up being my first vehicle at 17 and I have great memories playing music through the cassette adapter, driving around with my girlfriend (now wife), and towing around a lawn tractor for my cash grass cutting business.

Remember listening to the Phillies make their late August Pennant runs in 2007/08 on that AM radio. Who knows, maybe this new Ranger can make my Phillies relevant again :LOL:
We too had a lot of good times in that truck. It was my sons first vehicle. We put a pioneer stereo in it and a small sub-woofer box between the jumpseats. I think he loved it more than I did!

Sponsored

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

We’re the tremor version or does the wild track replace that

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Briefly looked at Rangers before buying but felt like a 4Runner situation where a redesign was on the horizon of a 10 year old platform. I dig the redesign but curious what powertrains the US will get. They only mention diesels, don't see that happening considering they just axed the diesel from the F150. Hoping they have a 2nd option besides the 2.3. If the raptor is coming it stands to reason there's room for a V6.

Can't see the wildtrak model sticking here. Probably get the Tremor name instead.

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

maybe this new Ranger can make my Phillies relevant again
Ford can't even make the Lions relevant, doubt they'll have much help for you. There were longstanding rumors the Ford family bought the Lions for William Clay Ford so he'd have something to do that kept him away from FoMoCo. Been 7 years since the old man died and the team is still garbage though.

Mike777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, GMC Terrain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Looks good! Previous gen was a big disappointment from an interior/exterior standpoint. Looks like it will actually compete with the Tacoma now for looks and has an uperhand now in tech.
Sponsored

Last edited: