First Name
Arlexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It’s not bad. But all the midsized trucks have forgettable styling. That’s why I’m drawn to the Jeep and Bronco. You instantly know what it is from the styling cues. The grills on both are a brand signature.

Though, I will say it’s really nice to see all the mid sized truck options. For a while there it just seemed like the Tacoma was the only option.
Man what? The bronco and jeep look the same from the rear lol
Sponsored

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Man what? The bronco and jeep look the same from the rear lol
LOL man, sorry I didn’t mention the one view where they look similar. They both stand out compared to every other SUV on the road. If you don’t think the Bronco and Wrangler are unique, we will just have to agree to disagree.

Axe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 2018 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's definitely an improvement...im always curious what people do exactly with those 4 foot novelty beds. I still think the Frontier is the best looking of the bunch.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It's definitely an improvement...im always curious what people do exactly with those 4 foot novelty beds. I still think the Frontier is the best looking of the bunch.
It's a 5ft bed. But most people do the same as those with bigger boxes....carry nothing at all.

I had 20 10ft fence posts in the back of mine the other day. No worries. Why would I buy a bigger truck just so they don't stick out as far? If you're hauling day to day I could see wanting a bigger truck. I load tools every day and material once a week with no issues. Certainly not a novelty bed.

The only reason I would go for a bigger box is to load my snowmobile without needing my trailer. But...it's infinitely easier to get my sled on a trailer than it is to load into a truck anyway. And I can still bring my buddy's sled along.

There's a number of reasons someone would choose a smaller bed.

My father-in-law is looking at a Maverick which has a 4ft. He doesn't have waste service at his house and takes a couple bags of trash to the dump 10 miles down the road every two weeks. Perfect for that.

CCross

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy 2500HD Duramax, 2000 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like Broncos, the two door kind, so this four door pickup situation isn’t even on my radar. Odd that there’s so much crossover with this wildly different vehicle. Sometimes I think four door Bronco owners aren’t really Bronco people, this proves it.
I like Broncos too. The two door is better looking. It also doesn’t have enough space for my needs, so I bought a 4 door. I’m also glad that you Bronco “purists” don’t get your way. If Ford only built 2 door Broncos, the line would be discontinued again within 5 years. Luckily I wasn’t seeking your approval to enjoy my new Badlands and Ford is in the business of selling as many as possible and will continue making both.

Sponsored

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OB 2-Door V6 Sasquatch AMB High Pack
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If Ford only built 2 door Broncos, the line would be discontinued again within 5 years.
The four door needs the two door for street cred.

About 70% of the strangers I come across have a gasping look on their face right before they mutter something along the lines of how they’ve only seen four doors, then they almost always say something like, ‘THIS is a Bronco.’

Last edited:

Sparkherd

Badlands
First Name
Sparky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sparkherd.com
Vehicle(s)
Lifelong Ford guy.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The whole reason I’m getting a Bronco is the manual transmission. If the Ranger offers one as well, I might consider switching.
Me neighb's nephew (or some such) just got a Ranger he ordered with a Millenial Anti-Theft Device (manual tranny).
I believe it's a 4WD.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It's a 5ft bed. But most people do the same as those with bigger boxes....carry nothing at all.

I had 20 10ft fence posts in the back of mine the other day. No worries. Why would I buy a bigger truck just so they don't stick out as far? If you're hauling day to day I could see wanting a bigger truck. I load tools every day and material once a week with no issues. Certainly not a novelty bed.

The only reason I would go for a bigger box is to load my snowmobile without needing my trailer. But...it's infinitely easier to get my sled on a trailer than it is to load into a truck anyway. And I can still bring my buddy's sled along.

There's a number of reasons someone would choose a smaller bed.

My father-in-law is looking at a Maverick which has a 4ft. He doesn't have waste service at his house and takes a couple bags of trash to the dump 10 miles down the road every two weeks. Perfect for that.
The biggest issue is people often "Over buy" when it comes to a car...which explains why pickup trucks are so popular-for most personal use, most people will never come close to using the max capacity of it it and maybe use the bed of it 5-10% of the time while its being driven. Not saying they aren't "useful" but you can get away with using a sedan like people did for years just to get to work or go places.

At least there are options now that aren't 7 pound sledgehammers when a 18 oz hammer would suffice :)

The_Phew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2.3L 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's definitely an improvement...im always curious what people do exactly with those 4 foot novelty beds.
Most of the midsize (and full size, and HD...) pickups I see have nothing more than a cooler in the bed. Even when I owned an F-250 with an 8ft bed, I still usually chose to haul plywood/sheetrock in my wife's Sienna with the seats removed, at least until I got a utility trailer (no need to secure a load of 4x8 stuff in a minivan). Midsize pickups (and pickups in general) are generally inferior to a utility trailer, at least if you are hauling heavy and/or nasty stuff. A Bronco+10ft aluminum utility trailer is superior to a pickup in virtually any scenario I could think of.

Who wants to dump a load of mulch/dirt/gravel in the bed of a $50k+ pickup, anyway?

Last edited:

SteelDriver

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

Tortuga353

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I love my trucks, but I have to admit that the beds are so tall these days they are tough to use. I know they have steps and others but loading motorcycles, bikes, tool box, etc is so much better on a low utility trailer.

The truck access will be missed and I like the new Ranger. I’d still be going half ton if I went the truck route. I do like all the room and it still fits in the garage with a bike rack. Barely.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I dig it. I really like how the Maverick looks, but I'd like a bigger truck (I prefer the full size, but I could live with a 'mid-size' like the Ranger or Colorado). It might be a tough call between a Ranger and a Bronco.
I went from an F-150 Crew Cab to a Ranger Super Cab. Our little town has grown too much, and the parking lots were getting tighter, and tighter. Plus, you couldn't turn an F-150 around in a 40 acre field. The Ranger has been great, and it fits wherever I need to park. The mpg's are just iceing in the cake. I've been quite happy with the little truck.

'20 bare bones STX 2wd with rear seat delete. The option to delete those useless seats in the STX Super Cab was one of the reasons I didn't go with the XLT. This one has all that I need, plus the 6" bed. And the 2.3L gets the job done quite nicely.

Ford Bronco All-New Ford RANGER Revealed! New Bronco Competition From Within Ford 100_5250.JPG

Last edited:

WIDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Lariat 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I dig it. I really like how the Maverick looks, but I'd like a bigger truck (I prefer the full size, but I could live with a 'mid-size' like the Ranger or Colorado). It might be a tough call between a Ranger and a Bronco.
you just goin around reviving zombie threads?!? Hahaha

SteelDriver

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
you just goin around reviving zombie threads?!? Hahaha
Hehe. My search for a new truck only got serious in the last few weeks so I've been doing a lot of catch-up reading and I didn't realize how old some of the threads even at the top were. Sorry to be a zombie re-animator. :)
Sponsored