Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Sasquatch package comes with 35 inch tires which are mud terrain. However, isn't an identical sized all terrain tire better in the snow?

Who here will get the Sasquatch package and swap the given mud terrains for 35 inch all terrain tires for snow/overall performance?
Sponsored

Timsvtgen1

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Audi Q3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Aren’t those territory MT tires in other sizes mountain snowflake rated?

Sponsored

bbq4133

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Personally, I think A/T fits my needs a bit better while offering long-term cost savings given I'll be DD'ing.

just972

Wildtrak
First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4runner, Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I will definitely be swapping mine for A/T. I have always used Firestone A/T and they seem to be the all around best choice for my area.

Deano Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would also love to swap for A/T. While many have said they are going to swap, are you talking right away or after the original M/T tires wear out?
Immediately taking off the M/T and buying A/T means you are spending around $1000 right away. Is there a good way of selling the original tires?

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I would also love to swap for A/T. While many have said they are going to swap, are you talking right away or after the original M/T tires wear out?
Immediately taking off the M/T and buying A/T means you are spending around $1000 right away. Is there a good way of selling the original tires?

I wouldn't wait myself. I've heard Discount Tire will take nearly brand new tires in on trade for new ones purchased from them. Other option would be to sell them immediately on FB groups or Craigslist. I'm sure they would go quick.

Sponsored

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
For snow, I plan to run snow tires. Tires usually end up being a sticky topic since a lot of people want to fall back on their own experience to determine what's best.

If you look at the data, time and time again dedicated snow tires (not just all-terrains with a snowflake on them) significantly outperform all-seasons, all-terrains, and especially mud-terrains in winter conditions - cold pavement, packed snow, loose snow, slush, and ice. Both the tread design and the tread compound are optimized for winter conditions, where any other tire type is compromised by needing to work in hot summer conditions.

https://www.fourwheeler.com/how-to/...we-test-the-best-tread-design-for-driving-in/

Look at the objective measurements - acceleration time, braking time, cornering g-forces. These are real-world measurements of your ability to stay in control, avoid an out-of-control driver, and stay safe in the winter.

Be wary of anyone using subjective descriptions or anecdotes for tire performance. "I ran Tire X and it was great!" "I've always run all-terrains and I've never had a problem with snow performance!" Just because it's "great," doesn't mean there couldn't be a better option out there.

https://www.tirebuyer.com/education/all-terrain-vs-winter-tires#

Just like all-seasons on a passenger car are a compromise that are fine in any condition but great in none, all-terrains are the same for trucks. They're fine on the highway, but louder and less efficient than normal highway tires. They're fine offroad, but not as good as dedicated M/T or other offroad tires. They're fine in the snow, but they can't begin to match the performance and safety of dedicated snow tires.

I run Blizzak DM-V2s on the wife's MKX, and it's scary how much power that thing can put down on completely snow-covered surfaces. It will straight up run away from anything else on the road, and the braking and turning traction make sure it's always in control.

jtzako

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xterra Pro4x
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I use Goodyear Duratrac E rated MTs and they arent particularly good on wet or snow even though they have the 'snow' symbol on them (really easy to break lose with even a slight touch of the throttle). Different models/mfg will vary. I have had ATs in the past and they were better for general driving but worse for getting over rocks etc here in CO.

Deano Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wouldn't wait myself. I've heard Discount Tire will take nearly brand new tires in on trade for new ones purchased from them. Other option would be to sell them immediately on FB groups or Craigslist. I'm sure they would go quick.
Thanks for the tip. I have a local Discount Tire and it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I want to end up with 35" ATs....BFG KO2s or Duratracs. I like having a good tire in snow for WV trips to ski (Snowshoe) and other trips North, so I will try to switch them with the dealer, or go the Discount Tire route. I would like to hear what these stock M'Ts sound and ride like though. They do look like the center treas is a little more closely spaced than others with good siping, so maybe they are a little better than other M/Ts.
Sponsored