Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For snow, I plan to run snow tires. Tires usually end up being a sticky topic since a lot of people want to fall back on their own experience to determine what's best.

If you look at the data, time and time again dedicated snow tires (not just all-terrains with a snowflake on them) significantly outperform all-seasons, all-terrains, and especially mud-terrains in winter conditions - cold pavement, packed snow, loose snow, slush, and ice. Both the tread design and the tread compound are optimized for winter conditions, where any other tire type is compromised by needing to work in hot summer conditions.

https://www.fourwheeler.com/how-to/...we-test-the-best-tread-design-for-driving-in/

Look at the objective measurements - acceleration time, braking time, cornering g-forces. These are real-world measurements of your ability to stay in control, avoid an out-of-control driver, and stay safe in the winter.

Be wary of anyone using subjective descriptions or anecdotes for tire performance. "I ran Tire X and it was great!" "I've always run all-terrains and I've never had a problem with snow performance!" Just because it's "great," doesn't mean there couldn't be a better option out there.

https://www.tirebuyer.com/education/all-terrain-vs-winter-tires#

Just like all-seasons on a passenger car are a compromise that are fine in any condition but great in none, all-terrains are the same for trucks. They're fine on the highway, but louder and less efficient than normal highway tires. They're fine offroad, but not as good as dedicated M/T or other offroad tires. They're fine in the snow, but they can't begin to match the performance and safety of dedicated snow tires.

I run Blizzak DM-V2s on the wife's MKX, and it's scary how much power that thing can put down on completely snow-covered surfaces. It will straight up run away from anything else on the road, and the braking and turning traction make sure it's always in control.
lol, you could have just said, “No, Blizzaks exist.” And those of us that know would know. Those tires are INCREDIBLE.
Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
As soon as the TRX comes out this Dec, the Tirerack will have the Territory listed and I am curious to see the specs and better pics.

They said they have an AT version of the tire..I think the Bronco/MT version has more spacing between lugs:
1598359644160.png

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I run on Duratracs on my 2019 Raptor and ran them on my 2013 Raptor. I really like them and it is the best all around tire and just simply incredible in the snow.

This is just a guess BUT I bet the Territory will replace the Duratracs as the Duratracs have been around for a few years now.

1598360133493.png
I really hope they are as good as the Duratrac on snow, and from a highway perspective (quiet). The Duratrac is a great all arounder. It was mentioned above that the Duratrac is more aggressive....that I don't see at all, as they look to me like the Territory definietly has more open space between lugs.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
MT means max traction on this tire. There was a video on you tube from tfl truck where they interviewed 2 Goodyear engineers and they mentioned this.

So MT on the tire is def confusing. I run Duratracs on my raptor and the tread is much more aggressive than the territory so I knew it was not a true mud terrain tire.

Regardless from what I have read here, everyone is freaked out about the MT marked on the tire.
That's just marketing speak from Goodyear. Just because Starbucks chooses to call it a "Grande" doesn't mean it isn't a "Large".

Bimmerxi

Black Diamond
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, BMW R1200GSA
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It's pretty easy to see the Territory MT is not a true mud tire. It has siping and is M+S rated, which is one step below the "severe snow" rating. Mud tires are notoriously bad in the snow and ice. It's clearly an aggressive all-terrain tire, which for all around use, is better anyway.
Bronco_parts_04.jpg
good catch on the severe snow rating as I live in Michigan and do travel to the mountains a fair amount and would prefer that snow rating. I did some checking and believe the generals that come on the black diamond and the BFG KO’s have a severe snow rating

Sponsored

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'd MUCH rather have A/T's just because a lot of my off-road driving will be on soft sand at the beach. M/T's just dig in, A/T's have a flatter profile, which prevents that.

Wildpeaks are great in NC for drive-on beaches.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got Yokohama Geolanders MT G003's on my truck

Haven't played in Satan's Dandruff yet but so far i got zero complains on road, though i think I need spacers xD

BigMike949

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm planning on getting the 'squatch and immediately swapping to some wildpeaks too. No need for Mud Terrains here half the year.
Wildpeaks are great.. but
I wouldn't wait myself. I've heard Discount Tire will take nearly brand new tires in on trade for new ones purchased from them. Other option would be to sell them immediately on FB groups or Craigslist. I'm sure they would go quick.
they do but give you like 25-75 bucks max.. way better to sell them on craigslist or facebook marketplace. you can probably get 200 plus per tire for these
Sponsored