First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It's pretty easy to see the Territory MT is not a true mud tire. It has siping and is M+S rated, which is one step below the "severe snow" rating. Mud tires are notoriously bad in the snow and ice. It's clearly an aggressive all-terrain tire, which for all around use, is better anyway. No true need to swap it out for different all-terrain tires upon purchase.

Also note it carries a C-load rating, so if that's important to you, there isn't a lot of competition at that rating.

Bronco_parts_04.jpg
Sponsored

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

STJonesin4

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco/2022 F150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Second this. I love my ridge grapplers. I have about 9k miles on them. They are sort of a hybrid between an AT and an MT. So much quieter than my stock BFGs were. And they also look awesome. They tend to run a little more true to size (bigger) than some brands from what I remember. Toyo also makes a comparable hybrid I think. The open country.

Off to watch some comparison videos actually … that should eat about five minutes out of my nine month Bronco wait.

EDITED to add decent comparison link: Toyo Open Country vs Nitto Ridge Grappler
I have run Trail Grapplers and Terra Grapplers on a Jeep before. No experience with these but have been looking at them on the site. I was leaning Nitto already.......

Comadivine11

Black Diamond
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Chevy Astro Van
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was thinking of selling the KO2's as takeoffs and buying the 285/70R17 Falken Wildpeak A/T3W's, but I sure do like the look of the Territory MT's.
Falken also has a M/T tire. I haven't tried them (yet) but I've heard people say they are the quietest M/Ts they've ever used. I have Falken A/Ts on two of my vehicles. I'm a big fan. I will definitely be looking at their M/T as a potential swap for my Bronco.

Ford Bronco All Terrain vs Mud Terrain Tires - Sasquatch Package 1597192637489

Sponsored

evan

Badlands
First Name
evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's pretty easy to see the Territory MT is not a true mud tire. It has siping and is M+S rated, which is one step below the "severe snow" rating. Mud tires are notoriously bad in the snow and ice. It's clearly an aggressive all-terrain tire, which for all around use, is better anyway. No true need to swap it out for different all-terrain tires upon purchase.
Dayum, thanks for posting this detail that I definitely hadn't noticed before. Makes my decision to go with the Squatch dead easy. If Ford does end up offering a 35" A/T option then I'll do that, but either way, I'm good!

WildBronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Find someone at the dealership buying a new Raptor at the same time, and see if they are willing to switch. 35" BFG KO2s

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
MT means max traction on this tire. There was a video on you tube from tfl truck where they interviewed 2 Goodyear engineers and they mentioned this.

So MT on the tire is def confusing. I run Duratracs on my raptor and the tread is much more aggressive than the territory so I knew it was not a true mud terrain tire.

Regardless from what I have read here, everyone is freaked out about the MT marked on the tire.

Also note it carries a C-load rating, so if that's important to you, there isn't a lot of competition at that rating.

Bronco_parts_04.jpg

Broncie

Raptor
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

MT means max traction on this tire. There was a video on you tube from tfl truck where they interviewed 2 Goodyear engineers and they mentioned this.

So MT on the tire is def confusing. I run Duratracs on my raptor and the tread is much more aggressive than the territory so I knew it was not a true mud terrain tire.

Regardless from what I have read here, everyone is freaked out about the MT marked on the tire.
To be quite fair, Ford's official website does say Mud-Terrain > "315/70R17 BSW Mud-Terrain (M/T) (35")", so I can understand the confusion, lol.

Sponsored

High Proof

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2018 Panamera
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nitto Grappler m/t 35s on my Jeep.

Lot's of discussion on technical performance in this thread. And these are great tires. They get used both on and off road.

I gotta say though that how they look was really important to me. These are bad ass! A friend was trying to do the family man thing and buy nice quiet all terrain 35s. Now when he looks at my Jeep he can't wait for his tires to wear out so he can get something better looking.

I don't find the noise to be bad. But then again it's a convertible. The doors are usually off. For me a little noise is not a bad thing.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
same tire on the TRX and it is an AT ... go figure

Ford Bronco All Terrain vs Mud Terrain Tires - Sasquatch Package 1598358782247

To be quite fair, Ford's official website does say Mud-Terrain > "315/70R17 BSW Mud-Terrain (M/T) (35")", so I can understand the confusion, lol.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
same tire on the TRX and it is an AT ... go figure

Ford Bronco All Terrain vs Mud Terrain Tires - Sasquatch Package 1598358782247
They said they have an AT version of the tire..I think the Bronco/MT version has more spacing between lugs:
Ford Bronco All Terrain vs Mud Terrain Tires - Sasquatch Package 1598359644160

Catmandu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep JKU (Officially Sold), 2015 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am really curious to see how the Territory MT's compare to the DuraTracs. The 315/70/17 DuraTracs are load D and I had to run them around 28-29 psi around town on my JKU. They held up well to mud, sand, light rock....but I would not have trusted them full rock crawling. The lack of sidewall durability in these conditions is well documented. With that being said, they were lighter than most and well suited for my mix of use. My only gripe was the increase in noise as they wore....which I was expecting.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I run on Duratracs on my 2019 Raptor and ran them on my 2013 Raptor. I really like them and it is the best all around tire and just simply incredible in the snow.

This is just a guess BUT I bet the Territory will replace the Duratracs as the Duratracs have been around for a few years now.

Ford Bronco All Terrain vs Mud Terrain Tires - Sasquatch Package 1598360133493

I am really curious to see how the Territory MT's compare to the DuraTracs. The 315/70/17 DuraTracs are load D and I had to run them around 28-29 psi around town on my JKU. They held up well to mud, sand, light rock....but I would not have trusted them full rock crawling. The lack of sidewall durability in these conditions is well documented. With that being said, they were lighter than most and well suited for my mix of use. My only gripe was the increase in noise as they wore....which I was expecting.
Sponsored