Sponsored

All the people with cracked windshields - repair or full replacement?

ElJeffe

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeff.henshaw.org
Vehicle(s)
BMW R1250RT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Getting the windshield replaced in my Badlands on Wednesday. Had a small chip that turned into a crack before I could repair it. It was in the black outer section of the glass. I usually repair chips as soon as I find them, but couldn't see this one. Got a chip 2 weeks ago in my Flex, stopped on the way home and bought a kit. Repaired it as soon as I got home. I commute 60 miles a day on the expressway, rock chips and cracks happen frequently... Surprisingly, my 1995 F150 still has the factory windshield in it.
Do you mind if I ask what the replacement costs you? I got hit by a rock and a crack formed in my line of sight, so I have to have it replaced. The glass shop that my dealership recommended was quite expensive: $825 for the job.

The glass is still OEM-only (which is good!), and I see it available online for $417-425 retail with a discount.

Thanks and best of luck with your replacement.
Sponsored

Vellicate

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150, 2014 Flex Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you mind if I ask what the replacement costs you? I got hit by a rock and a crack formed in my line of sight, so I have to have it replaced. The glass shop that my dealership recommended was quite expensive: $825 for the job.

The glass is still OEM-only (which is good!), and I see it available online for $417-425 retail with a discount.

Thanks and best of luck with your replacement.
$50 deductible, made sure to get good glass coverage on the Bronco. When I pick it up tomorrow, I may be able to get you a relative cost based on what insurance paid. Our Badlands also has Lux package, so the sensors need to be recalibrated, which according to the writer, can be $200-250 itself.

ElJeffe

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeff.henshaw.org
Vehicle(s)
BMW R1250RT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
$50 deductible, made sure to get good glass coverage on the Bronco. When I pick it up tomorrow, I may be able to get you a relative cost based on what insurance paid. Our Badlands also has Lux package, so the sensors need to be recalibrated, which according to the writer, can be $200-250 itself.
Thanks - I'd love to hear an all-in cost if you can get it from the installer. Much appreciated!

Dirtyjed

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Dmax, 86 FunRunnah, Tiyoda truggy, Honda shi
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Noticed a crack a week ago. After a day of snow wheeling it grew to about 8".
$640 for an oem replacement at dealer that my insurance is picking up the tab for.
State Farm gives me 1 free windshield a year, $50 after that.

ajdavis19

First Edition
First Name
Alden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Noticed a crack a week ago. After a day of snow wheeling it grew to about 8".
$640 for an oem replacement at dealer that my insurance is picking up the tab for.
State Farm gives me 1 free windshield a year, $50 after that.
How far out was the replacement windshield? The dealer give you an eta?

Sponsored

Dirtyjed

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Dmax, 86 FunRunnah, Tiyoda truggy, Honda shi
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

How far out was the replacement windshield? The dealer give you an eta?
They didn't have it, but I have a maintenance scheduled for next week so I'm just having it done than.

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco All the people with cracked windshields - repair or full replacement? 20220209_140106

I just got mine punched today by an oncoming side-dump semi. He had a tarp for the load but wasn't using it and had no flaps on the trailer. I got pictures of the truck with company name, truck number, and DOT number. As a CDL driver myself, that truck was out of service at the time. I called CHP dispatch and let them deal with it from there. It pisses me off when these things are preventable.
After that, I filed a claim with my insurance. The total for OEM windshield, installation, and recalibration labor comes to just under $975 for everything. It's also going to be the end of the month before they can do it.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Got to love the no flap construction trucks!

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Stay away from construction/concrete trucks. Keep a repair kit in the car and fix immediately.

Not fool proof but it has helped me in the past.

First Name
Graydon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Base 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford Bronco All the people with cracked windshields - repair or full replacement? 19D23EA7-2A81-4AC0-B4A4-CCBE6577B44A

Soon to be on windshield number 3. A feather could break one of these windshields on the highway, no joke. I expected it to be easily broken, but not 3 windshields in 3 months bad… I think I might bite the bullet on some ExoSheild film for the next one.

Sponsored

Feehan88

Badlands
First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, had a rock hit, created a star with indent. Had it filled with resin, but within 4 weeks it started growing. As with everything else Ford, the glass is thin.

Get OEM replacement so you dont lose logo....
what website did you go on? Did it turn into glass.com?

Feehan88

Badlands
First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The glass repair shop at the dealer took care of ordering replacement......

My dealership gave me a guys number they use and I want the OEM replacement . That something you just discuss with the glass guy?

mountainbronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yes, and you may have to shop around. Dealership parts, safelite, local glass shop etc.