ilbastarge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Every other car with a model year designated is out in the fall of the previous year. That’s how the 12-month span you referenced runs.

What is the relevance of Sport being made at another location? Are they not both Ford facilities? Are there not leaders in management who can make sure both are happening at the same time?

Anyone who is still not sure, a year after reserving, what they want and “tweaking” the order or has to see it in person needs help. Or cancel the order and let the real Bronco folks get their orders. This shit has gotten silly. I picture these people asking the waiter in the restaurant 10 questions and asking for substitutions and sending food back.

“Oh, I was gonna get the 4-door station wagon with leather, but switched to vinyl, then back to leather! I just don’t know enough about myself and my lifestyle and have never had a car before and have no idea within the first minute which works for me.”
Nothing I can change or affect. So I just try and read and follow the R&T understanding, plus whatever I happen to glean from the dealers in this forum (each one is more open than the next, but just in different areas). 🤷

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a...-model-years-arent-in-sync-with-the-calendar/
Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If the Bronco hit dealerships at the same time as the Bronco Sport then Ford would sell a total of 13 Bronco Sports.
Totally different buyers...the young women buying the “cute” little Sport aren’t Bronco type buyers...

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It is so uncool to want your Bronco. The cool cats who couldn’t care less when it gets here for some reason went to the trouble of registering on a Bronco fetish forum, reading threads like this one, and commenting how uncool it is to care about Broncos.

One day we may that cool.
You're pretty new here and I can only assume maybe you lurked for a while prior to joining as most people do to see if it is legit productive forum stuff or a bunch of junk and whining.
It is easy to get discouraged, angry, dumbfounded as to why things are how they are or why this, but not that.
Even being negative is a commonplace human reaction/emotion.
Some of us choose to focus on the positives and not the negatives.
But it is every person's right to feel how they do, perceive it how they do, react how they do, and even come on here and say what they want.
But in saying what you want it also leaves you open to counterpoints and criticism. Regardless of any of our comments or positions, we are all subject to it.
And sometimes it is absolutely justified.
But to join a forum, make fun of the forum by calling it a fetish, and mostly just being negative and stirring the pot (most call this trolling but I hesitate to call names) in most of your comments (yeah I read them) doesn't make sense.
These fetish followers on here have zero impact to your build, zero impact to when and how your build gets done, nothing.
There is a lot of repetitious fear mongering, question asking, etc. But the members that DO try to help others and legitimately answer questions to people who don't know or are unsure contribute to the family.
My question is what have you contributed?
What have you said or done, even once, that had any positive influence, answer, or input?
If all you want to do is stir up the pot and be negative, maybe this fetish forum isn't a good fit.

Sponsored

Streetfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser TTUE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are these just to spur MY22 orders, I assume? Because as a guy who ordered a MY21, this whole “Hey, we made these fancy rigs but we don’t have time yet to make your Base. Just want to make sure you get a look at this thing you’ve waited a year for and can’t have until a date we don’t even know yet; oh, and we also felt it a priority to pump out Sports first.” thing is getting old and annoying. Maybe dial back the marketing trips and focus on making the ones we said we wanted a year ago.

Another question: Isn’t a 2021 vehicle obtained in the latter half of the model year already a year old, value-wise?

Putting the Sport out first is like if Coca-Cola was coming back out after not being on the market for 25 years, and they said, “Thanks for ordering so many cases of Coke! Before we get those out to you, we need to focus on our priority:

COKE
Almond Milk
As an early reservation holder with a 2021 coming (hopefully soon) I'm very happy they are doing these roadshow events. I want to see and feel the thing in person before I drop 60k. Not sure what is so hard to understand about that. Wish we could drive it but there is a lot to be gained from sitting in it, testing the interior size, and seeing sasquatch in person. If I don't like it, I cancel my order and get something else.

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are these just to spur MY22 orders, I assume? Because as a guy who ordered a MY21, this whole “Hey, we made these fancy rigs but we don’t have time yet to make your Base. Just want to make sure you get a look at this thing you’ve waited a year for and can’t have until a date we don’t even know yet; oh, and we also felt it a priority to pump out Sports first.” thing is getting old and annoying. Maybe dial back the marketing trips and focus on making the ones we said we wanted a year ago.

Another question: Isn’t a 2021 vehicle obtained in the latter half of the model year already a year old, value-wise?

Putting the Sport out first is like if Coca-Cola was coming back out after not being on the market for 25 years, and they said, “Thanks for ordering so many cases of Coke! Before we get those out to you, we need to focus on our priority:

COKE
Almond Milk
You're entirely correct. I suggest cancelling your order.

Sponsored

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Totally different buyers...the young women buying the “cute” little Sport aren’t Bronco type buyers...
it was a joke but I guarantee they wouldn’t be selling as well as they are now. There is a reason for it.

OP
OP
MississippiMule

MississippiMule

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Toyota 4Runner, 1976 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The “fetish” comment wasn’t making fun. It is a tribute. I have a Bronco fetish, thus I don’t know why people who DO NOT care go to the trouble of registering.

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am not sure why they are doing the events. Maybe other locations are a bigger deal but the one in Cleveland was a little off. I saw no local advertising for it. I did not receive information from Ford. (I live about 50 miles from the event location) They had it in the parking lot of a Days Inn. Single tent, nothing fancy. They weren't trying to bring in new customers on this set up. Maybe just throwing reservation holders a bone?

My vehicle I ordered is a 2dr BL MGV in AMB. I really wanted to see a 2 door. I wanted to feel MGV. I wanted to know what AMB looks like. I wanted to see the MIC top.

What they had: two 4 doors, both leather interior with soft tops painted in Cactus Gray and A51.
I didn't get to see anything I wanted to see. It did nothing to confirm my order choices or change my order. Very underwhelming.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.