indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
It is so uncool to want your Bronco. The cool cats who couldn’t care less when it gets here for some reason went to the trouble of registering on a Bronco fetish forum, reading threads like this one, and commenting how uncool it is to care about Broncos.

One day we may that cool.
The time aspect is the #1 legit gripe. Some folks just don't realize, because they act like they will live forever.

But otherwise within the realities of the situation, I don't have a problem with Ford assigning staff to show the product. It's not like that staff would otherwise be on the assembly line. I'm looking forward to seeing the Bronco on April 24 here in Chicagoland at a showing.
Sponsored

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Are these just to spur MY22 orders, I assume? Because as a guy who ordered a MY21, this whole “Hey, we made these fancy rigs but we don’t have time yet to make your Base. Just want to make sure you get a look at this thing you’ve waited a year for and can’t have until a date we don’t even know yet; oh, and we also felt it a priority to pump out Sports first.” thing is getting old and annoying. Maybe dial back the marketing trips and focus on making the ones we said we wanted a year ago.

Another question: Isn’t a 2021 vehicle obtained in the latter half of the model year already a year old, value-wise?

Putting the Sport out first is like if Coca-Cola was coming back out after not being on the market for 25 years, and they said, “Thanks for ordering so many cases of Coke! Before we get those out to you, we need to focus on our priority:

COKE
Almond Milk
Mmmmm, the correct answer was new coke, sorry.

The sport came out first because it was easier to produce than the big boy bronc...

I'm impatiently waiting, have a reservation but haven't converted. I feel your pain though, and I'm strongly leaning towards just waiting until I can walk into a dealership and order one like a normal vehicle, no delays or markup, or hell maybe wait long enough to get the warthog/broncosaurus.

Tricky Nick

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 2dr JK, manual, AEV lifted, 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Every other car with a model year designated is out in the fall of the previous year. That’s how the 12-month span you referenced runs.

What is the relevance of Sport being made at another location? Are they not both Ford facilities? Are there not leaders in management who can make sure both are happening at the same time?

Anyone who is still not sure, a year after reserving, what they want and “tweaking” the order or has to see it in person needs help. Or cancel the order and let the real Bronco folks get their orders. This shit has gotten silly. I picture these people asking the waiter in the restaurant 10 questions and asking for substitutions and sending food back.

“Oh, I was gonna get the 4-door station wagon with leather, but switched to vinyl, then back to leather! I just don’t know enough about myself and my lifestyle and have never had a car before and have no idea within the first minute which works for me.”
you act like you never changed your build based on new information you learned, but I seem to recall you we’re getting roof rails until you later learned you had to take them off to remove the rails on your two door. The fact is we are all learning about this new vehicle before we drop what I consider big money on one...for me, seeing one in person and sitting in it are important before buying it.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say, the dealer models aren't just to show the current reservation holders. Something tells me they want to sell to customers beyond just us. Marketing ploy? Just a hunch. 🤔
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.