Sponsored

Allocation/Reservation Summary and "Real" World Example

72roadster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Disclaimer: This is based on previous posts by bronco members and is still somewhat speculative

Bronco Reservations Converted to Orders WILL NOT be produced/delivered strictly by reservation timestamp.

Delivery of your order is dependent on several factors

• The time of your reservation (kinda).
  • The number of reservations received at your dealer
  • The volume of sales the dealer has placed in the past
  • The number of Jeeps and 4runners sold in that market

• Dealers are instructed to place orders in order of timestamp, but don't have to, thats the "kinda" part
  • 50% of reservations will be fulfilled based on a calculation using the dealers number of bronco reservations
  • 25% of reservations will be fulfilled based on a calculation using the dealers sales volume
  • 25% of the reservations will be fulfilled based on a calculation using the sales of jeeps/4Runners in market

Example
Dealer A is high volume and in huge jeep market
Dealer B is low volume

Given a dealer A gets 100 reservations (converted to orders) and Dealer B also gets 100
- Dealer A may be able to get 50 + 22 + 20 , ie be allocated 92 broncos from the production line
- Dealer B may be able to get 50 + 2 + 1 , ie be allocated 53 broncos from the production line

I am still not sure how those 53 and 92 will be "merged" together as far as order of production
I will continue to update/correct this post as more questions are answered

Basic Timing
  • Ford will provide dealers with an "initial allocation forecast" that is only based on reservations with a pre-9/18 timestamp.
  • December-January dealers will work with reservation holders to convert reservations to orders
  • Orders will be entered into WBDO
  • Ford will review total order volume and allocate production to dealers based on some mix of the above criteria and probably parts availability (LOTS OF QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS)
    • 50% of reservation will be fulfilled based on a calculation using the dealer's number of bronco reservations with a time stamp before Sept. 18th which converted to an order
      Ford could still sort orders by reservation timestamp
    • Historically ford has prioritize higher trim production first. Its plausible first editions will be first off the line etc

Please feel to correct me

Why this post:
digging through 72 pages for this summary is a pain and there has been a lot of conflicting answers
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...g-dates-build-date-estimates.5793/post-204811

I've looked at several older threads that made it seem like "allocation" will no impact on reservations and delivery. In other words that if you reserved a bronco, you will be served your bronco in the order it was reserved, regardless of the size of the dealer and that dealers "allocation"

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/dealer-order-vs-allocation.3517/
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/reservation-priority-vs-dealer-priority-and-allocation.3118/
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/reservations-vs-dealer-allocation.2243/

However that seems it could be contrary to

"We're really trying to have an equitable and fair process for allocating to dealers," LaNeve said. "We have dealers that will get hundreds of Broncos allocated to them in 2021 and you go from there. Bigger dealers with lots of reservations will generate the most allocation, but we're going to try and take care of every dealer who has reservations."
Allocation will be different from other lines as expected due to reservation process and they plan on getting the dealers long term allocation numbers (for the year) so we'll have some idea for scheduling
Is it possible they are still referring to only allocation for the (2021) year after reservations are fulfilled, maybe?

Either way I was hoping to get a real world example of how allocation is truly at play here, wether it be for number of reservations a dealer can fulfill immediately or the number of "stock" units they would receive after reservations, as a "reward" for fulfilling reservations (among other things)

It seems like there is quite a bit of people wanting a simple explanation on just the allocation process
So can you explain the allocation process to the mortals? If a dealer has 200 orders, do they get 50 Q1, 50 Q2 etc. Would I be looking at a possible late delivery because I ordered with a high volume dealer?
add on top of that one post that v

Edit History:
9:21
per kris87 changed "A dealer will automatically receive 50% of their reservations" to
  • 50% of reservations will be fulfilled based on a calculation using the dealers number of bronco reservations
9:35
per eryk Added disclaimer

9:40
per comment add details about "kinda" by timestamp

10:10
added Basic Timing section

11:35
per kris87. updated timing section to include possibility that ford does sort orders by reservations

11:42
note about trim levels influencing production timing

10/20
Updated with some details about Sept 18
Sponsored

Last edited:

Kris87

Wildtrak
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
A dealer will automatically receive 50% of their reservations
This is the only piece I don't agree with from what I know. Or let me state otherwise.....they could get the 50%, but it could be a long time and a couple of model years.

If a dealer has 1000 reservations, they won't get 500 Broncos automatically. Unless they're a seriously large volume dealer, and then I'm still not betting on it.

Kris87

Wildtrak
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Good summary you put together though. Thanks for doing that.

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for organizing all of this but to be honest, it's still not clear how it's expected to work and it wouldn't surprise me if Ford changes things between now and deliveries.

Sponsored

Major_Bullsteak

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy ZR2 Bison, JK Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My understanding is that dealers get 50% of the reservations they convert to orders. So if they have 100 reservations, they don't automatically get 50 vehicles, unless they convert all 100 reservations to orders.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think you’re mixing reservation with allocation. Two different things.

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Bronco Reservations Converted to Orders WILL NOT be produced/delivered strictly by reservation timestamp.

The time of your reservation.
The number of reservations received at your dealer
The volume of sales the dealer has placed in the past
The number of Jeeps and 4runners sold in that market
I would add to this the fact that Ford has recommended dealerships place orders by timestamp, but it's not a requirement. So if your dealership shows preference to friends, family, golf buddies, regular customers, or people ordering higher trims, that will also affect your delivery. We've already seen dealership who took reservations over the phone and then did not put them in the system in the order they received them - some orders (mine) were held for a day, and another person on this forum had theirs held at the same dealership for three days. This leads me to believe that some dealerships will be employing similar tactics when it comes time to place orders.

OP
OP
72roadster

72roadster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This is the only piece I don't agree with from what I know. Or let me state otherwise.....they could get the 50%, but it could be a long time and a couple of model years.

If a dealer has 1000 reservations, they won't get 500 Broncos automatically. Unless they're a seriously large volume dealer, and then I'm still not betting on it.
I think this ties into the "how do those orders get merged

to keep things "simple" lets say ford could only produce 150 broncos in a year
and there are only these two dealerships,
how does that play out?

Sponsored
OP
OP
72roadster

72roadster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think this is the part of the point of the post, there seems to be two "types" of allocations happening here, allocation for reservation fulfillment and later "stock" allocation

If there is a better word to use for reservation fulfillment I am all for it

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My understanding is that dealers get 50% of the reservations they convert to orders. So if they have 100 reservations, they don't automatically get 50 vehicles, unless they convert all 100 reservations to orders.
I don’t think that’s the way it goes. Every dealer will get an allocation of Broncos to fill reservation orders. The number they get is based on a formula...with 50% of the formula being the number of reservations they convert to orders. So it’s not that they get 50% of their orders filled...that’s just part of a formula as outlined above that determines how many they get to fill their orders. Ford screwed the pooch / customer here in backing of their original plan in order to pacify the big dealers over the consumers who thought they were “in line”.

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The time of your reservation.
The number of reservations received at your dealer
The volume of sales the dealer has placed in the past
The number of Jeeps and 4runners sold in that market

• 25% of reservations will be fulfilled based on a calculation using the dealers sales volume
  • 25% of the reservations will be fulfilled based on a calculation using the sales of jeeps/4Runners in market

Example
Dealer A is high volume and in huge jeep market
Dealer B is low volume

Given a dealer A gets 100 reservations (converted to orders) and Dealer B also gets 100
- Dealer A may be able to get 50 + 22 + 20 , ie be allocated 92 broncos from the production line
- Dealer B may be able to get 50 + 2 + 1 , ie be allocated 53 broncos from the production line

I am still not sure how those 53 and 92 will be "merged" together as far as order of production
I will continue to update/correct this post as more questions are answered

Please feel to correct me

Why this post:
digging through 72 pages for this summary is a pain and there has been a lot of conflicting answers
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...g-dates-build-date-estimates.5793/post-204811

I've looked at several older threads that made it seem like "allocation" will no impact on reservations and delivery. In other words that if you reserved a bronco, you will be served your bronco in the order it was reserved, regardless of the size of the dealer and that dealers "allocation"

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/dealer-order-vs-allocation.3517/
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/reservation-priority-vs-dealer-priority-and-allocation.3118/
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/reservations-vs-dealer-allocation.2243/

However that seems it could be contrary to

Is it possible they are still referring to only allocation for the (2021) year after reservations are fulfilled, maybe?

Either way I was hoping to get a real world example of how allocation is truly at play here, wether it be for number of reservations a dealer can fulfill immediately or the number of "stock" units they would receive after reservations, as a "reward" for fulfilling reservations (among other things)

It seems like there is quite a bit of people wanting a simple explanation on just the allocation process

add on top of that one post that v

Edit History:
9:21
changed "A dealer will automatically receive 50% of their reservations" to

I think I found out exactly how the allocations will be.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think this is the part of the point of the post, there seems to be two "types" of allocations happening here, allocation for reservation fulfillment and later "stock" allocation

If there is a better word to use for reservation fulfillment I am all for it
I think your formula makes sense for “stock” allocations, but not reservations (reservation fulfillment).

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not anymore. Bottom line is that some big dealers complained that they were getting less reservations than some other more competitive dealers, so Ford decided to allocate Broncos to fill reservations based on the formula above.....rather than going in approximate order as they had promised.
Sponsored