Reaction score
Website
www.crittear.com
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, what if you're short, 5'4.5". My X5 has 27's on and I have to be on tippy toes to get in. I want squatched.... 35's and 2" lift (think that's in that package) I don't want to mess up the slide rails, can I ad a step or something? Don't Judge...
Ford Bronco Ally opp!!! Short people post! 1600651957871
Sponsored

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
21 BadSquatch,‘21 ExplorerST , RIP 84 & 90 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, what if you're short, 5'4.5". My X5 has 27's on and I have to be on tippy toes to get in. I want squatched.... 35's and 2" lift (think that's in that package) I don't want to mess up the slide rails, can I ad a step or something? Don't Judge...
Ford Bronco Ally opp!!! Short people post! 1600651957871
I’ve seen people keep a step stool on a rope before.
As far as mounting I don’t think anybody really knows until we see one, but I think that would defeat the purpose of rock rails. Something like this would be better IMO, best of both worlds in a way.
Ford Bronco Ally opp!!! Short people post! 8EAF7C89-95DB-4168-97AE-6AD2E603073E

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For your concerns, I'm curious as to how high it will actually sit , as the tires look to stuff fairly deeply into the wheel wells ...... they sit a little high, but not like a Classic had to in order to fit 35's.
I'm not sure if anybody has gotten a good step in measurement yet.
Would the factory rock rails even be "steppable" ....memory says they are tucked in and under...have to go look.

Rock sliders wont scuff any worse than a running board, which would probably look hideous.

Aftermarket may have your solution ....

Ford Bronco Ally opp!!! Short people post! 1600652446297

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Actually , you have Outer Banks listed under your profile ....those are not rock rails on the Outer Banks ....they're running boards, you have nothing to worry about, they're made to step on.
Ford Bronco Ally opp!!! Short people post! 1600652868710

Notice the Badlands below , the rails do not seem to protrude much....
Ford Bronco Ally opp!!! Short people post! 1600652990330

Sponsored

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am pretty short (5'6" on a good hair day) and daily drive a wrangler with a 2.5" lift and 35's. I have rock rails, but they hug the body too tightly to consistently use as a step. I also added handles to the upper corners of the windshield because the JK's don't come with any. If the handles built into the dash on the Bronco are in a comfortable location to grab every time you get in, then it will be very easy to pull yourself up.

In my opinion, if you really like the look or extra capability of the Sasquatch package, then you should do it. I have never been bothered by hopping and pulling myself into the Jeep with those handles, and it is very easy. It has become second nature with getting in and out.

Like posted above, if you are sticking with the outer banks, it comes with steps. The steps paired with the factory grab handles will make it very easy to get into on a regular basis.

Sponsored
OP
OP
SuzH

SuzH

Badlands
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.crittear.com
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Actually , you have Outer Banks listed under your profile ....those are not rock rails on the Outer Banks ....they're running boards, you have nothing to worry about, they're made to step on.

Notice the Badlands below , the rails do not seem to protrude much....
Thanks for not judging and for finding that! Awesome!

OP
OP
SuzH

SuzH

Badlands
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.crittear.com
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Rope ladder attached to the roof rack is the way to go.
Haha! I wonder if they will have that in the accessory book! ?

ps.....LOVE your profile pic! #raisingthemright ❤❤

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The Amp steps will most likely grace my Bronco. I've had plenty of lifted and otherwise tall vehicles before and I'm 5'6". I used to be able to work around no steps and just use a little bit of hop to get in. The older I get, the harder that is to do. Also if you ever have back issues, you can forget it. The worst was throwing my back out and I couldn't get in my own truck (FJCruiser with 3" lift and 33s). I had to ride to the doctor in my wife's Subie.

My mother at the age of 72 would drive my Dodge Ram with 35s with no issue because I outfitted it with stainless tube steps that ran the length of the cab. No issues stepping up with a grab handle.

I'm planning on Amp steps for my Bronco unless I find fixed steps I like. They are a clean hidden look but provide a nice size step when the door opens. Oh and no I don't need 35s on my Bronco, but there is no way I'm passing them up. Look too good.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This is a good solution. I hope Ford offers it as an option like they do on the F150. You want it offered from the factory because it will be integrated into the menu so you can deploy it manually when you need to, like when washing your bronco.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

There will be many options available from the aftermarket. My wife is 5-2 and has no issues getting in and out of my Raptor. Unless she is wearing a short skirt. lol
Sponsored