Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just called Ford customer service, first of all they were on speakerphone and could barely hear them, second they didn't know what I was talking about, third "If there was a change in the online price then there was a price increase".
Sponsored

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah the price increase bites. But the base Bronco should be up for more than casual trails. With the addition of larger tires (and if the IFS ends up working decent). Leastways, I drove relatively stock CJs for years on Colorado mountain trails. No locking diffs - no problem. Some trips to Moab as well.

The base Bronco will have a decent low gearing and unlike older vehicles, the diffs will not behave as fully open, due to the traction control. Poor mans diff lock, lol.

I think some people overestimate the components that are needed to run trails and deal with some hairy stuff. How many Sasquatch owners will never do much of anything with the vehicles, because the driver will be limiting the off-road adventure, more than the vehicle attributes?
You’re right and “casual” was not the best choice of words. Lockers would have saved me from needing a rescue in the past, this would have been the first time having them on one of my vehicles. Having them is peace of mind.
My Bronco will now be base base without a single option, it will be a kick having a sticker price under $30k. I’ll be building an FJ or a Tacoma with my son instead of getting the Sasquatch.

Markubis

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, Ford Ranger XLT, Can Am Ryker
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was planning on getting a Big Bend but with my wifes brand new Hyundai Santa Fe going to the shop for yet another issue she wanted it GONE. It was paid off at least but I told her that your brand new Hyundai will not have the re-sale value next summer that it does right now.
She agreed and we went out and traded it in on a 2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 a couple weeks ago.
I was keeping my Bronco reservation and holding out hope that things might be straightened out come next spring but I have NOT been getting the warm fuzzies on the Bronco front.
Another OBX with blue seats and brown dash has been built (saw that hideous creation over the weekend) so not sure whats going on there.

I'm officially out on the first year Bronco. I reserved on July 18th and will be requesting my reservation money back soon, so you guys can enjoy a bump up in the delivery time.
I will re-visit a Bronco in a couple years once the bugs are worked out.

For now, I will be enjoying my Ranger.

Oh, and by the way. I LOVE the 2.3 and 10 speed on the Ranger. Its got a light but aggressive acceleration to it and it definitely sold me on its use on the Bronco.

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
There's definitely bugs happening, because I just made a Base with Sasquatch & 2.7 and it came to a bit over $40k. I then added Aux switches and floor mats and the price dropped $2k.

I repeated this 4 times and same result. Their tweaking is definitely messing with B&P, at the moment.

Sponsored

dmtndan

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Silverado, 2014 Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I noticed on my 4 door Big Bend the price went up too, only thing I notice thus far is the hard top is now standard and there is an option for a molded in black hardtop.

CPL_Rabbit

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Minivan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Doing a bit of backward math, here's what I think happened.

Prior to the update, Sasquatch for the Base included charges for Auto and Advanced 4x4 (I think it was $7385). Every other trim apparently was missing the Auto charge.

Instead of putting thought and care into communicating accurate information, the Rockstars™ just added 1595 to all of the prices, making it $8980. I assume this will be fixed by an update sometime next quarter, alongside more bad information to keep things interesting.

Velociraptor

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus RX450h, 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The increase for my Badlands build was the added $1595 charge for the auto transmission where before there was no charge.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So are we thinking that they are now adding the auto price into the b&P. I thought that we had informed Ford and verified that it was included with the 2.7 charge? I never believed it though.

Sponsored

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So are we thinking that they are now adding the auto price into the b&P. I thought that we had informed Ford and verified that it was included with the 2.7 charge? I never believed it though.
It appears so. I just built my BD and added only the 2.7L, before it was $1895, now it's $3490.

edit: Now I'm starting to get irritated with pricing. If you can update B&P, you can update and show mt with Sas Package too. Don't 1/2 ass this thing. Make the damn changes. They should never have backed themselves in a corner and released B&P until it was the final finished product. Ford did this to themselves in my opinion.

Last edited:

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So manual Sasquatch should bring it back down to original B&P pricing but I expected a discount off that price as well for going with the Manual. So any way you look at it, unless this is a Bug, Bronco prices being jacked up.

They should have sorted this all about before launching the B&P. If they started with higher prices, we could all be feeling like we’re getting a great deal right now!!

g8rb8t

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Agree, something screwy is going on, Mid Package from $1495 to this??? But total still shows $1495

Ford Bronco Almost $4000 price upgrade... 1608565444717

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just noticed too that the WT basic top is MIC and the Modular is $1895. The "old" PDFs state that the Modular is supposed to be standard on the WT. Oh, and the graphics do not allow seeing the painted hard top on it.
Sponsored